It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Titanic The New Evidence Revealed.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: shlaw

(I'm not entirely sure why I'm mentioning this- for some reason my brain told me it was related. What the hell do I know)

Perfectly good opinion and from your experience, intuitively, may be correct

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: shlaw

Are you suggesting anything changed? I cant see enough lifeboats to save 6500 passengers, not mentioning the crew LOL

wiki

The Royal Caribbean's Harmony of the Seas was launched in 2016 and is just slightly broader than its near identical sister ship, The Allure of the Seas, which previously held the title of Largest cruise ship in the world. The Harmony of the Seas can accommodate over 6500 passengers.Oct 23, 2016

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Titanic Redux? Can Royal Caribbean Safely Evacuate 8,500 Passengers & Crew from the Oasis of the Seas?

www.cruiselawnews.com... s/

Royal Caribbean not only has the largest cruise ships in the world, but it has the largest lifeboats in the world. But does it have enough? 18 lifeboats with a capacity of 370 equals only 6,660 people. Oasis has a total maximum population of around 8,500 when you count its capacity of around 6,300 passengers and 2,200 crew members.
That means that there are around 1,850 people without the lifeboats which Royal Caribbean raves about. Royal Caribbean's press statement makes no mention of it, but those who are not assigned or cannot fit into the limited number of lifeboats must use "emergency evacuation chutes."

The term used on the Royal Caribbean ships is "Viking Dual Evacuation Chute." What is this you may ask? You won't find Royal Caribbean talking much about the chute system. If you look at photographs of the Oasis (or the Allure), along the side of the ship at deck 4 you will see three large lifeboats in-a-line leading from the stern. Then you will see a row of canisters (others may call then cylinders), looking like old depth charges, positioned one on top of the other on deck 4.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Thanks to anyone who added information in this thread. I am away for the weekend at a friend's house, but checking in. Interesting topic and so damned tragic.

I would never get on a ship without enough life boats and certainly not one that is on fire before I even leave! I can only imagine the horrors those poor people had to endure.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join