It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Titanic The New Evidence Revealed.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I was shocked to learn that the Titanic was on fire before they even went out to sea. The fire burned for days and the main bulkhead was severely damaged by the fire. The bottom of the water tight compartment was warped, a crucial area that would have defended the ship. Came across this interesting documentary. Still watching it actually, but thought it interesting enough to share.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I love this subject! Soothe hull was already damaged? Very interesting. Thanks NightStar!

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

WOW, thanks for sharing this Night. There have been all sorts of theories as to why it sunk but this is the first time I've seen this one.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
You are welcome Jess and Blue! I just happened to be poking around youtube when I found this and was shocked!

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
what happens when you submerge extremely hot metal into ice cold water? it immediately becomes brittle and cracks.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I am a fan of the theory the Titanic didn't sink back then
The Shipping company rebadged/switched in the Brittanica and they sent the Brittanica down to claim insurance
The Britanica had previously been rammed by a Royal Navy ship
edit on 25-5-2017 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
I was shocked to learn that the Titanic was on fire before they even went out to sea. The fire burned for days and the main bulkhead was severely damaged by the fire. The bottom of the water tight compartment was warped, a crucial area that would have defended the ship. Came across this interesting documentary. Still watching it actually, but thought it interesting enough to share.

I could be mistaken on this, but I think I read somewhere
that with the technology at the time, a fire in the coal
stores was not unusual- other similar ships had the issue
before. (seems to me a ironclad steamer went to war
with a fire below). Anyway, not to excuse anything done
on that voyage.

Nice observation and thanks for posting Night!

On a side note, I repair furniture- mass manufactured by
numerous factories from around the world. You'd be shocked
by the 'quality' of the construction inside, no matter where
it's made. I've seen some really crazy, and inadequate
product in every price range. (I'm not entirely sure why I'm
mentioning this- for some reason my brain told me it was
related. What the hell do I know)

edit to add: I think I have too many tabs open. Brain is
cross connecting... lol.
edit on 25-5-2017 by shlaw because: (no reason given)

edit to add: not removing my out of place observation. Nope. Nuh uh. stupid brain.

edit to add: Noooo....nnnnnooooo....nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooo

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Cool.

Always liked the Titanic, thanks for sharing Night!

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Sending a ship out to sea while on fire and the lack of life boats angers me. All those people didn't have to die that day. So tragic.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Sending a ship out to sea while on fire and the lack of life boats angers me. All those people didn't have to die that day. So tragic.

Absolutely. did they mention how it was the practice
at the time to have only so many life boats on a ship?

(kind of reluctant to watch yet another titanic doc)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: shlaw

I'd have to watch the vid again. I don't remember if it was because the ship was supposedly unsinkable so they didn't worry about it and saved money or what. Maybe someone else can tell us.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Wow, this is amazing! Thanks for sharing, Night. So it was all about money, of course! The money in their customers' pockets meant more to them than their lives did, ultimately. Not that they knew it would end like it did but that was very risky and very wrong.

Be great if someone made a new Titanic film the way it really happened

originally posted by: Tardacus
what happens when you submerge extremely hot metal into ice cold water? it immediately becomes brittle and cracks.

This explains why the ship broke in two. I heard different theories as to how it broke in two but I never bought any of the explanations. This does explain it.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

Great idea about a new Titanic film!!!!!! I didn't think of that.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

in metallurgy it`s called quench hardening it makes the metal harder but it also makes the metal more brittle.

if the main bulkhead had been subjected to the fire for days then it was hot enough to be quench hardened when the ice cold north atlantic water came pouring in through the hole the iceberg made.

The bulkhead steel immediately became much more brittle, any significant impact or twisting of the steel would have caused it to crack.

quench hardening is used on things like gears, shafts, wear blocks etc.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
the bunker fire is not new information - sorry - i have a print book book [ r gardnier , titanic - thje ship that never sank ]

linky

published in 1999

so one has to be skeptical of the people who care claiming that the coal fire is a new peice of evidence in 2017

PS - while gardniers claims are slick and SEEM plausible at fiorst read - the entire farce falls apart if you poke it

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
My 9 year old took a fascination with Titanic over the winter, he will be thrilled to hear about this!

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

The theory has existed before but this documentary has researchers who have uncovered new evidence to support the theory. The mainstream media is treating the evidence as valid and even strong evidence.
www.express.co.uk...
edit on 26-5-2017 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

They tried covering up or ignoring the info when first presented from what I'm to understand from the vid. How many people would have still boarded that ship knowing there was a fire going on?

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Thanks for the link about White Star Night Star!
(Sorry, I had to)

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Cool thread...then there is

Did poor workmanship sink the Titanic? Physicist claims missing rivets were crucial to 'cascade' of events that sank liner

www.dailymail.co.uk... iner.html

Also low quality steel

www.lva.virginia.gov...

And then there is this juicy theory

en.wikipedia.org...

One version suggests that the sunken ship was actually the Olympic, near-identical sister-ship of the Titanic, which was the subject of a large insurance claim, and that the two vessels were secretly switched before the voyage. Another was that the Titanic’s owner, J.P. Morgan, wanted to eliminate several prominent bankers who were opposing his plan for the creation of a U.S. central bank.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join