It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin seeks to be first to drug test Medicaid applicants

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
a reply to: Violater1

This is dumb as #. It's not the government's business what one does with themselves. It's one thing to make sure that welfare recipients arent(sic) using it for frivolous things like recreational drugs. It's quite another to say you don't deserve the medical care you paid for your whole life because you do something like smoke pot.

99% of politicians are pure scum.

I never said that. Why are you being untruthful?
Don't expect me to reply to any more of your comments.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I hear what Seasonal is saying and he's right, not fair that someone has paid in for years and can't collet if something goes wrong. But for those that haven't been paying in for years . . . or have never paid in, let me just say this:

Hey guess what? If you're on Medicaid you're not supporting yourself. I am. So how is it you've got money for illegal drugs?

Get a #ing job and support yourself, then I don't give a # how much or how often you snort, smoke, or inject.

edit on 25-5-2017 by imwilliam because: nunya

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

I would guess that you should do what works for you. Everyone's chemistry is a bit different, but that bit is huge.

Stay safe and healthy.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

This conversation is getting depressing. I think I'll go have a beer. Beer is self limiting in a way; ban the ABC stores at least, but low alcohol content drinks have their place. Even a Doctor will say that 2 drinks a day for males, and 1 drink a day for females is actually healthy. The trick is being able to limit yourself to that. We have a tendency to drink away our problems. It doesn't make me feel "good", just as relaxed as a normal human being that doesn't drink. But then again, that normal person probably has a better life than I do so doesn't feel the need to turn to something to relax. Beer has been a part of human history for thousands of years. Egyptians drank it, Medieval Europe drank it instead of water because the water was impure. To ban entirely goes too far. Oh well, none of this is going to happen anyways so there's no point in further discussing it in my opinion.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Only if they test me to take the taxes out of my check.

If I fail the test, take no taxes because I don't meet your backwards idea of what a productive little worker is.

Lost freedoms.

I agree with this. If they can be so selective about who gets Medicaid then it should be elective to pay into.

And, on that note, all the lawmakers involved in Medicaid (Walker especially, in this case) should have to submit to monthly drug tests.

And what's with the 'childless adults' criteria? That's seems completely arbitrary. What am I missing?
edit on 25-5-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

I do not use it and think that it can be used in place of many many things that are far more dangerous to us and the environment.

I view it as I view beer and spirits- be an adult because the human spirit, for some reason or another, like to escape after a shi!!y day. Who am I to tell someone not to use a safe and effective escape?

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

They don't want to toss mother's with kids off Medicaid.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
ATS even has an emoji for beer, see:

A lot of the people on here drink beer and mention it regularly in various threads. Outright prohibition would be too much. The banning of liquors or any drinks above a certain alcohol percentage would be fair. Just my opinion.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: imwilliam

They don't want to toss mother's with kids off Medicaid.

Why are mothers favored? It still doesn't make sense to me.
edit on 25-5-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I'm guessing it's that children are involved, but I don't know. I just know I'm working my ass off and paying taxes through the nose. I'm tired of it.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

When I quit drinking, I'll no longer be an alcoholic. I hate how you guys after recovering still call yourselves that. I may be a mild one at the moment, but that's about to change very soon. All you need to kick that addiction is a legitimate prescription for anxiety medication. It's cross tolerant and they use it in emergency rooms if you're having serious alcohol withdrawals. I stick to beer and although I can go through quite a few in a day, my withdrawal is fairly mild the next day. With a pill or two, it'd be gone. I know it's bad to switch one addiction with another, but if you have legitimate anxiety and need something to function properly anyways, it's better to be on a low dose of medication.

There is no such thing as an ex-alcoholic, fyi. I wasn't referring to you at all, only myself. I do not need your medical advice, just a detox clinic, thanks anyway though. I do not need nor want anti-anxiety medication, just a short course of benzodiazepines dispensed via medical professionals to help with the physical symptoms. To each their own I guess. Live and let live

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I apologize. I was just speaking from my own personal experience. That's basically what I was saying; short term benzodiazepine from a medical professional. I think I officially took the topic off-topic. I'll stop replying.

As for the topic, this just became a debate over what should be legal, what should be illegal, etc. The original point was to discuss whether Wisconsin should add urine testing as a pre-requisite to be on Medicaid.

Basically marijuana advocates and beer advocates saying they want to keep their drug of choice or others right to use it.
edit on 5/25/2017 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I agree with you. Is using drugs any less dangerous if you are a mom dad or id someone is single?

This thing will drive costs up.
edit on 25-5-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor

I apologize. I was just speaking from my own personal experience. That's basically what I was saying; short term benzodiazepine from a medical professional. I think I officially took the topic off-topic. I'll stop replying.

As for the topic, this just became a debate over what should be legal, what should be illegal, etc. The original point was to discuss whether Wisconsin should add urine testing as a pre-requisite to be on Medicaid.

Basically marijuana advocates and beer advocates saying they want to keep their drug of choice or others right to use it.

I found this: Code Section: §961.41 et seq.; §961.38 et seq.
Possession: Misdemeanor, up to 6 mos. and/or fine up to $1000; Subsequent offense: class I felony
Sale: 4 plants or 200 g. or less: class I felony; 200 g.-1 kg. or 4-20 plants: class H felony; 1-2.5 kg. or 20-50 plants: class G felony; 2.5-10 kg.: class F felony; over 10 kg.: class E felony; Subsequent offense or sale to minor: double penalties; Sale within 1000 ft. of school of less than 25 g. or 5 plants: mandatory 1 yr. without probation; exception for pharmacy or physician dispensing “cannabidiol in a form without a psychoactive effect as treatment for a seizure disorder
statelaws.findlaw.com...

I find these penalties in the least Very excessive! Penalties for things like this, the voters need to come together and eliminate.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

I agree with you. Is using drugs any less dangerous if you are a mom dad or id someone is single?

This thing will drive costs up.

It does give me pause. I wonder whose wife, girl friend or daughter meets their requirements to be exempted?

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

200 grams is like.. 15 quarter bags or 30 1/8th bags that sell for $70 and $40 a piece respectively. That's big time selling and that's the lowest out of the bunch. It's one thing to get caught with less than an ounce, which is only around 30 grams, but that much does deserve a steeper penalty. Theoretically, if you wanted to sell, you could only have an ounce on you at a time and only sell to some friends. That's getting up into trafficking levels.

It's illegal in my state and people openly buy and sell it on a social media "dating app" I frequent. Idiots. It's basically so the guys can try to get laid from dumb girls that get on there and ask for it. They want to meet them and smoke so they sell it to them.

You get popped with over an ounce one time and you're screwed. Felony. Which, I don't necessarily disagree with. Until it's legalized, if ever, it needs to be dealt with. Plus you have to think, with all of that money they're making, what else illegal are they doing? What other drugs? Who do they get it from and who do they get it from and so on and what do THEY do? Once you get used to getting away with crime and make a lot of money off of it, you start getting ties to other people doing much worse things and you also start to get involved in worse things. A lot of them probably are involved in coc aine, heroin, and prescription pills too.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
If it were legalized, I think prices would go down and a lot of criminals doing other really bad stuff would be out of a job. The downside is companies will swoop in and take over the trade, asking however much they want for it for maximum profit. It's small money compared to the other drugs. You make $300 a day profit from selling pot? Big deal. That's the lowest of the totem pole and still $9,000 a month / over $100,000 a year. No need to even have a job except as a cover.

Since we're all worried about taxes, that's tax free money. At least companies would be heavily taxed, helping the economy. The reason it's illegal is because of money. It's unregulatable and people are getting over on the Government and each other with it.

So just remember pot advocates, while you slave away at your 9 to 5 getting minimum wage or maybe $50,000 a year if you graduated college, some guy that your guy gets it from doesn't have to do anything except be slick and risk his butt for $100,000 or more a year. Aye, as long as you're getting it, right?

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Good point, but a politician would never fashion a law in such a way to curry favor with a particular group or person.
edit on 25-5-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

It's not pro-female, it's if you don't have kids. Any male that has kids would not be subject to the four year limitation if I read the article correctly, likewise with women. You said wives, girlfriends, and daughters, but left out fathers and sons. For every mother there's a father. Regardless, if you have children that changes things big time.

Personally I could care less about this entire issue because if they legalized marijuana in Wisconsin they'd make way more money than cutting out pot users from Medicaid. I heard Colorado is booming lately. I also read that they're attracting a lot of transients and homeless druggies.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Omg.. I just saw the light. If you're so poor that you need Federal assistance for healthcare, where are you getting your money for your illegal drugs? They're pretty pricey. It begs the question.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join