It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin seeks to be first to drug test Medicaid applicants

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Smh Wisconsin.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Not sure if OP is in Wisconsin, but here's my take as a resident.

We absolutely need this. Drive on down to the corner Walgreens and you'll see all the handicap spaces taken up, mostly by young, fit and capable blacks. They put the sign up on their cars and then walk in, only to remove it once they get back into the car now that they've picked up their blunt papers.

Milwaukee is in shambles due to the drugs and violence, and blacks are extremely segregated into one big circle area. They have little chance at getting out of the ghetto due to the cycles of poverty.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Then the medicaid people can pay the bloated private insurance with it's out of sight deductibles and co pays.

This is a recipe for disaster. And it is engineered.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

Damn. Big Brother is really here. When you start to dictate what people may or may not do and limit their social options then life becomes less fun.

Now, if we're going to talk drugs (clinically and technically), include the 2 biggest and most legal killers. Alcohol and nicotine. Oh wait, those aren't ever called drugs because they are state-sanctioned poisons that earn the government a heap of cash via taxes and duties. Then include caffeine, tannin

The government is a control freak
edit on 25/5/17 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typos

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
No poppy seed muffins Wisconsin.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Handi cap parking and blunt papers are not what the thread is about.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

you and I are the only ones who see this ????

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
something is going wrong with my postings.
edit on V402017Thursdaypm31America/ChicagoThu, 25 May 2017 16:40:00 -05001 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Prohibition failed for a reason. They just started smuggling it in and making it themselves. They still do and will again if alcohol were made illegal. Would you like to propose a plan to pull that one off?

Cigarettes? Well, the cigarette corporations are far too wealthy and powerful to ever fight. Any politician that tried to do either of these things would fail miserably, and the people themselves wouldn't stand for it. It would cause upheavel. I agree with you but it's just a sad reality.

Kind of like prescriptions killing people through overdoses and the opioid epidemic. You can never stop it completely.

I'm just saying, if I'm banging heroin and want free healthcare, would you like to pay taxes for it or would you tell me that I need to quit and try to get me to? Or would you not care and say screw him, it's his life, and pay for me anyways?

Or.. a better idea. You could snitch me out to the Government, get me locked up where I have to quit the hard way, then tax the Private Prisons for the money to pay for other peoples healthcare so that they lower your taxes. Hmm.. options
edit on 5/25/2017 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Strange, something still going wrong.
I'm trying to figure out why I can't quote and reply in the post

edit on V412017Thursdaypm31America/ChicagoThu, 25 May 2017 16:41:32 -05001 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

what

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

There is a third option, allow the person to continue to use. (they are going to anyway) And help them. If that means they need medical care-do it- it they need to go to rehab-do it.

Guess what happens if you don't help them.... They go to the E-room. This idea is a joke and is not going to do anything but drive costs up.

The American taxpayer can flip the bill for a $13,000,000,000 aircraft carrier (2 more on the way) they can help people who are stupid enough to try these drugs and unfortunately get addicted.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I need health insurance, I don't even have it and could really use it but oh well, the Democrats took a #$%^ on Sanders because they were worried about their pockets, voted for a lame duck candidate, and let Trump win. So now, not only we will go nowhere closer to free or discounted healthcare for people like me, but we're going to do massive budget cuts on existing programs.

Hey, it's tough kid but it's life. Better make more money or die a miserable death someday.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Apples and wall clocks-

Your example is too simplistic. If I look at a Van Gough, I would call it a painting, you would call it art.

A license is not there to protect you if you fall ill and need help for a while or longer.

Again, too simplistic. However, by your own example, " falling ill", you admit that addition is an illness and I agree. You have the right to refuse treatment, but again, you will suffer the consequences of your decision.

Do they do blood tests to get drivers licenses? Or is that another brilliant idea?

No, but if you are suspected to be driving under the influence, you will get one.

How about blood testing before hunting licenses?

Might be a good idea. But people around the world would argue that there first would have to be intent (a history of hunting while intoxicated). And in order for that to be proved, they would needed to be tested. Again, if they refused, their license would be revoked.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

This is dumb as #. It's not the government's business what one does with themselves. It's one thing to make sure that welfare recipients arent using it for frivolous things like recreational drugs. It's quite another to say you don't deserve the medical care you paid for your whole life because you do something like smoke pot.

99% of politicians are pure scum.
edit on 25-5-2017 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

Prohibition failed because people like alcohol, just like they like other drugs. (Most drugs were criminalised less than 100 years ago without good reason.) A drug in and of itself is not bad, it's the usage. Those for-profit prisons are full of non-violent "drug offenders", most of whom are caught possessing Cannabis.

1 year in jail for a few grams of Cannabis is ridiculous. Heroin usage compared to Cannabis usage is a drop in the ocean (here in Holland at least, and I would guess many other countries too) but penalising people for trivial things is just a gross trangression of human freedom. Heroin is addictive, dangerous and strips your body and can be treated if the person in question seeks help.

I was recently in a detox clinic (yes, I'm an alcoholic) and most of the people there were there for alcohol. Cannabis is not addictive, a lot of the other drugs illegally available are. Draw your own conclusions.

And please, do not dictate what I may or may not do in order to obtain welfare, health care or any other form of assistance. It's discrimination whichever way you look at it.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Are you saying that testing possible recipients isn't over simplistic?

The mass testing of all who apply is a horrible idea that is going to drive people to e-rooms.

If this is allowed it will move into other facets of risky behaviors. But right now it is going to hit the pot heads ( I am not one) so it is all cool.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

When I quit drinking, I'll no longer be an alcoholic. I hate how you guys after recovering still call yourselves that. I may be a mild one at the moment, but that's about to change very soon. All you need to kick that addiction is a legitimate prescription for anxiety medication. It's cross tolerant and they use it in emergency rooms if you're having serious alcohol withdrawals. I stick to beer and although I can go through quite a few in a day, my withdrawal is fairly mild the next day. With a pill or two, it'd be gone. I know it's bad to switch one addiction with another, but if you have legitimate anxiety and need something to function properly anyways, it's better to be on a low dose of medication.
edit on 5/25/2017 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

I agree that marijuana should be exempt. It's the most harmless out of the illegal drugs and easiest to quit if you have to. Unfortunately, we know that's not going to happen anytime soon because we don't have a liberal President. If you don't use it, you view it a certain way. If you do use it, you view it another. It is indeed an addiction but the withdrawal is very mild. It's technically a drug like all drugs.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

Damn. Big Brother is really here. When you start to dictate what people may or may not do and limit their social options then life becomes less fun.

Dictating has been around waaay before you and me. Some agreeable social activities, such as rape, and chopping off heads, are OK (in those societies). But they are not acceptable in mine. Theft, fraud, causing harm to self and others are still taboo in many of the civilized countries of the world.

Now, if we're going to talk drugs (clinically and technically), include the 2 biggest and most legal killers. Alcohol and nicotine. Oh wait, those aren't ever called drugs because they are state-sanctioned poisons that earn the government a heap of cash via taxes and duties. Then include caffeine, tannin

I agree, alcohol and tobacco are a blight that Uncle Sam has turned a blind eye too (only to line their pockets with money). They should be outlawed as well. Caffeine and Tannin, really? Please provide sources of studies that indicate the deaths attributed to these.

The government is a control freak

Agreed.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join