It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Nightmares and a Question

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Okay, so I've been under a lot of stress and anxiety lately which partially explains this. I also quit smoking 40 or so days ago and have heard that you get some pretty wicked dreams from the part of your brain it surpresses rebounding (I'm not talking about tobacco). Anyways, I've been having some pretty creepy lucid nightmares, this morning takes the cake and has me thinking.

I went to sleep, started hearing weird sounds like something rummaging through my bed, thought I was still awake, then was attacked by some little demonic dog type thing in my bed. I call it Cujo Chihuahua. The first time it bit me on the neck and I couldn't fight it off because I had what we call "molasses arms" (ever tried hitting someone or something in a dream? it's like slow motion love taps with all of your strength). I woke up, realized I was okay, had a cigarette, and went back to sleep.

Here's where it gets interesting. The same thing happened again, in the exact same way, except this time I was able to get my hand on the lil #$%^ for a second and he bit my finger really hard. I woke up and my finger actually hurt where he bit it. No marks, just a real pain. Did my brain think it was real and send pain to my nerves in the finger? If so, wouldn't that mean sustaining serious injury in a lucid nightmare could actually harm your health? Could you die in your sleep from dying in a lucid nightmare? Etc. I know it sounds far fetched but I'm just wondering your take on it.

Also, people who get "attacked by demons" thare are haunting their homes supposedly and end up with unexplained scratch marks.. could this be a similar phenomenon of the brain believing it's real so much that it causes the wounds on the body? Just a thought. I'd like your opinions on it. The one the night before was pretty crucial too. I was sleeping in my bed in the nightmare and heard voices, some were saying my name, then something invisible starting shaking me in the bed so I told it to #$%^ off and woke up startled. The reason they're so creepy and believable is because it's literally me, in my bed, thinking I'm trying to sleep while actually being asleep. Hard to wake up from too. Creepy. This is my first post here in a long time, over a year, haven't really had much to say but since I reset my password I might start posting again. Thanks for reading.
edit on 5/25/2017 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor
. The first time it bit me on the neck and I couldn't fight it off because I had what we call "molasses arms" (ever tried hitting someone or something in a dream? it's like slow motion love taps with all of your strength). I woke up, realized I was okay, had a cigarette, and went back to sleep.

I hate the "molasses arms" feeling. I sometimes get the "Running in peanut butter" feeling when trying to run in my dreams. That sucks just as bad.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

I strongly believe these are demonic nightmares. I have some questions:
How often do you get these nightmares since you have quitted, has it become a daily thing? That dog that bit you, was it black? Also, did the stress and anxiety start before or after quitting pot?

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: EveryUsernameWasTaken

Yes the dog was black. I've always had anxiety and stress but it got worse after I quit. Not because I quit, but because of other factors that happened in my life.

So you're really thinking I'm being attacked by demons? Gee, great, now I'll be even more afraid to fall asleep. I'd better start praying before bedtime. I'm of the opinion that while super creepy, it's being created by my mind due to stress load and being scared or worried about things in the day time which carries over into my sleep. If demons are real and they want to mess with me, CATCH ME IN THE DAYTIME.. HOW BOUT DAH?
Didn't think so. I used to think demons were real but my views have been changing to more of a Deistic nature, not Theistic.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Well...a quick read of your post reminds one that there are dreams, nightmares....some just normal physiological normal dreamscapes everyone of us get from daily and emotional inputs....

Others can be from chemicals ingestions, illnesses and chemical withdrawal from the brain as it balances out from the nicotine (in your case). That could take 90-days to 6 months as long as you dont go back to the chemicals...

MS
EMT
Advanced Life Support
edit on 25-5-2017 by mysterioustranger because: oops

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

It wasn't nicotine, it's whats legal in Colorado, I just don't know if your guidelines on talking about drugs here have relaxed in the past year so I didn't mention it by word and still havent. I read that lucid dreams are a normal thing to get after quitting.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I also thought it could be similar to what people call sleep paralysis because they often say they're frightened and cant wake up or can't move. I could move a little bit but barely. We're talking extreme molasses effect. Considering the dreams are a spitting image of what my bed and bedroom actually look like, I considered that to be possible too.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Thought so, when demons take the form of an animal they always come in black. They usually prefer the form of a dog or snake. These nightmares are not created by your mind due to stress load and anxiety, rather demons are attracted by those negative emotions. Don't be afraid, they can't physically harm you, every human being has an guardian angel that prevents them from harming you physically. Praying is a good way to fight them indeed, start praying to the one who created both you and the demon.

Not sure but I think these demons are angry at you for quitting your addiction, attacking you in your dreams is perhaps their way to make you relapse. Because we all know people who smoke pot never remember their dreams. Don't relapse, stay strong brother, it will pass.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: EveryUsernameWasTaken

Oh, I feel great otherwise. No chance of a relapse. That's that much more money in my pocket that I need too. They don't remember their dreams because they often don't have any. It literally surpresses the part of your brain that creates dreams.

I respect your opinion and it's possibly true, but I'd rather deny their existence entirely instead of being creeped out more and afraid to go to sleep.

Plus that's a pretty weak demon if I can fend him off and he comes as a little dog. If I were a demon, I'd scare the crap out of somebody in a bigger, scarier form. Oh well, if it was at least I don't have to worry about little cujo chihuahua. Ironically I have 3 chihuahuas and two of them are that size and black and my brain has been seeing and knowing them for over a year so it probably just made an association. It felt demonic but.. meh.. I don't think so.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I had a dream that an Ebola epidemic came to the US. The police started rounding people up in camps. They forced me to take a vaccine and implanted a chip in the skin between my thumb and index finger on my left hand. When I woke up, I still felt the pain from the implant.

What happened to you sounds demonoc in nature. I've had many similar experiences.
edit on 25-5-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Well to make you feel better I'll sleep with my 1960 King James Version Holy Bible dedicated to me by my Mother who I found dead and did CPR on just incase but I have a feeling little #$%^ isn't coming back. I was sweating heavily from my head and had a tooth infection that's going away; I probably broke a fever and had weird dreams because of it.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I once had whispering in my ear and a "dog" biting my feet and hands when I was half asleep too...the same night...felt pretty real to me..I thought it could be negative entities...

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   
If these are demonic encounters ... may stem from the other things you're going through, you hinted at other issues in your life giving you stress and anxiety. Some questions to ponder: have to been walking down a darker road of late? contemplating unhealthy thoughts? Dabbling in strange affairs? Sometimes, the demons will torment someone that has given them rights to do so. They seem to have made a claim and I would wonder why.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   

I wouldn't say demonic. Definitely a combination of psychological and physical issues. I should have more helpful things to say, and go deeper into this with you but right now my own noggin is in a fog.

I do want to say though that I am proud of you for going so long without smoking! I write this as I am currently smoking whoops! It's never easy, and every day counts! You've done well! Don't let these experiences discourage you, all things must pass.

Good luck, I am rooting for you!

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   

G' mornin'. It just boils to chemical ingestion and/or balance...whatever the substance. The brain adjusts up and down according to chemicals...everyday, allday and based on whatever it is.

These all affect homeostasis:the body's ability to maintain itself.

Best
MS

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Update:

I took some St. Johns Wort before bed and kept one of my dogs in the room for the night. This time I had a lucid dream that I time travelled to a medieval kingdom where other time travellers were and had guns. Kind of like Mad Max except medieval. Anyways, I ended up hooking up with Michelle Pfeifer and we time travelled back to modern times. I don't even like blondes. Weird but funny.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Does seem like a lot of stress. That can explain scary dreams, but the pain is another issue. Do you feel pain in the dream itself? That, I have done. Had one, once, that was very weird, for me. Most of mine, the places aren't quite normal, for the waking world, with odd buildings, etc. This one seemed very normal, in that sense. I was not me, in the dream; meaning, looking through and behaving as someone else. Don't know how to really explain that. Anyway, we - me and someone the dream "me" knew - were in a parking lot, that had more than one level; the sort of place built on a hill, with sort of terraced areas, if that makes sense. In the higher area, I noticed a man and woman arguing. The guy was being very threatening, and the woman looked scared. "I" walked that direction, asking if everything was alright. The guy was furious, very threatening to the "me" in the dream, so I turned to walk back the way I'd come. Almost immediately, I felt intense pain, more than I can describe, worse than having-a-baby-stuck-in-the-birth-canal pain in my lower back, and I collapsed. The pain vanished, and all from that point down was completely without feeling. I woke up fast, at that point, and for hours after, though I felt no pain, that point on my lower back sort of "tingled", though that's not quite the right word. No, no back injuries, no issues there, ever. Never could explain that one. I actually checked online news for weeks, looking for a report of someone stabbed like that.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I usually have nightmares only when I nap during the day. I too get the molasses arms and cant run fast. For some reason my eyelids are halfway close and can barely see in front of me. I hate that feeling. I wake up for a few minutes and go back to nap and same thing all over again.
Havent really noticed it when i sleep at my usual time though.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I have had similar experiences, but I am unsure if it is really just generic hypnagogic imagery one experiences upon entering sleep paralysis or something more.

I have read of black creatures torturing people when they are in a sleep paralytic state, and I remember once when a black snake-like thing embedded itself into my right leg. When I woke up I had weird scratch marks where I felt the pain. Could it be that I believed it was real and thus I had created physical evidence that manifested itself on my body to support that subconscious belief? I don't know.

That being said, I have had countless other experiences where I wait for the sleep paralysis and its accompanying simuli to pass and then I enter a dream afterwards.

It could be a combination of different entities and normal human brain function, but because it is so difficult to separate the two types of experiences when they occur, we might never know.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Hook me up?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join