It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matthews: White House Staged Slain Marine Mom's Hug

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Chris Matthews wasn't there and he's only a third person guessing
and putting his bias into the news. He has no proof. However, the
two women involved were there. They were the ones actually doing
the hugging. They both say it was spontanious. As much as I really
like Hardball and Chris Matthew, he stepped in it this time. He has
no proof, and the two women involved say it was an emotional
moment and it 'just happened'. I'm sure the White House liked
it. I know the dems hated it. They all 'groaned', at least that's
what the TV news is saying.

I'll take the word people who were actually involved, over the
word of a talk show host.

Awesome response. Y'all just got yer self voted for, and my 3 votes per month usually go to waste. I guess only two will go to waste in Feb.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I wanna throw one more thing into this (as of now). How many of you comdeming Bush for having inked fingers (voting Iraqis) at the adress would be calling him an idiot if he didn't? Bush cannot win in your minds because of this blind hatrid. He could end world hunger and people would find fault with it (well, why does one person get lobster while the other person only gets a flank steak?). It's too bad, you think you're being objective but you're only finding fault in anything the man does. Were you being objective, you'd see the good and the bad, not just the bad. You're being hateful, not objective.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I don't know if it was staged, but undoubtedly the white house seated them next to eachother and I am sure they loved the op and ol' crocodile tears Bush was lapping it up.

How about a cry for the hundreds of thousands of innocents murdered all in the name of freedom.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Yeah
let's cry for the innocents who have lost their lives in the name of freedom. They definately exist.

However, let's be sure not to cry for the millions and millions of innocents lost in the name of tyranny. Darn the US for freeing Iraq from Saddam, they were much better off being tortured, killed, and imprisoned because Saddam didn't like the cut of their jib. Let's bring Saddam back, he killed people so much better than that evil old united states trying to liberate them

Yep, good ol' sarcastic JJ is back

EDIT: That first line is legit; I know innocent people have lost their lives in this conflict. Just far, far fewer than did when Saddam was in power. He was totally hitler

[edit on 2-6-2005 by junglejake]

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Folks, keep your eye on the ball. The liberation of Iraq is either worth it or it isn't. Pray tell what qualifies the two women in question to determine the answer?
The hug could be staged and that wouldn't necessarily invalidate the sacrifice that Marine made.
The hug could be real and that wouldn't necessarily make the way we handled this war appropriate.

Then of course planning isn't everything. Do you think that Bush could make a woman hug somebody who her son died for if that mother felt the cause was unworthy? Of course not. So the hug being planned does nothing to discredit the war.

One more thing to chew on for the anti-war crowd. AMERICA invaded Iraq- you too! It wasn't just Bush. There were more than enough opponents to that war to have stopped it if they had actually -acted- instead of sitting on the couch and yelling at the pundits on TV. One way or another, the vast majority of this country made a choice, direct or indirect, which made that war possible.
If you were against the war but didn't actively try to prevent it, you need to go look in the mirror and say to yourself "I shirked my duty as a citizen and it caused a war. God help me if I ever do it again." Now you might want to start thinking and planning how you will do your part to stop the next war, because if you wait till it's here I bet my bottom dollar that you'll be on ATS bashing Bush when you ought to be bothering congress.

Once you own up to the fact that America did this, you can address questions of opinion such as this hug from an enlightened viewpoint.
Is it a mockery of an unjustified war which should give you deep personal shame for not having acted?
Or is it a symbol, rather planned or otherwise, that despite mistakes we have ultimately done a good thing for which our fellow men in Iraq are thankful?
Make your decision and own up to the implications. Be an American.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join