It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking down ideological battle lines; Political thought bubbles, echo chambers and team sports

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: ClovenSky

I wonder why we have such strife today?

Economically people are worse off than they were 10 years ago and with the internet and social media people have become more aware of lying politicians and what's happening in the world.

But with people becoming more aware of how much they are getting screwed over (w/o lube) the divide is increasing. I would almost say that is a great sign.

In the before times, people believed the state propaganda. Everyone was close to being of the same mind or thought process. Such things as hoorah, go USA, invade invade invade. Now people are questioning if we have the right to even be in these foreign sovereign countries to begin with.

I view the political unease and uncertainty as a positive. Maybe good things will come of it. Maybe if we were all peace loving, non-questioning sheep, the only end is the slaughter house. Maybe we are trying to create divergent path towards a house of freedom?

Fantasy land, I know.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

it's spelled "Hegelian"

and no, "divide and conquer" is Machiavellianism

Elements of this technique involve:
creating or encouraging divisions among the subjects to prevent alliances that could challenge the sovereign
aiding and promoting those who are willing to cooperate with the sovereign
fostering distrust and enmity between local rulers
encouraging meaningless expenditures that reduce the capability for political and military spending
Historically, this strategy was used in many different ways by empires seeking to expand their territories.
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 2552017 by Catalina22 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Catalina22

I was going to look it up but I am in virtual box looking at my syslog files for kali trying to problem solve something atm and it's giving me a headache

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

no big

I needed a place to put this gif I just found anyway...this seems a likely place to leave it for others to pick up.

I think we all feel rather like that once in a while

edit on 2552017 by Catalina22 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: Tulpa

These days people can't even handle it. They start freaking out and name calling.

Very odd.

Calling it now; demonic possession. They can't be reasoned with. End times ladies and gentlemen.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

Demons???

<< 1   >>

join