It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are all a bunch of idiots!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Alamo Drafthouse launches a 'women only' screening of 'Wonder Woman,' sparks outrage

Alamo Drafthouse announced a “women only” screening of “Wonder Woman” for June 6.

“The most iconic superheroine in comic book history finally has her own movie, and what better way to celebrate than with an all-female screening?” wrote the Austin-based theater. “Apologies, gentlemen, but we’re embracing our girl power and saying ‘No Guys Allowed’ for one special night at the Alamo Ritz. And when we say ‘Women (and People Who Identify As Women) Only,’ we mean it. Everyone working at this screening — venue staff, projectionist, and culinary team — will be female.”

The DC comic flick, which stars Israeli actress Gal Gadot, tells the story of Diana, who leaves behind her Amazon nation to become a superhero for “a world that desperately needs it.”

The announcement has sparked outrage among male attendees.

www.foxnews.com...

Men are getting pissy over ladies night at the movies? Really? Let me guess, the men that are upset are the beta-males who have as much testosterone as a seven year-old girl.

Idiots!

Lighten up nancies!

It's one night for the gals. Man, what a bunch of romper-wearing pansies.

Is this what wearing skinny jeans causes?

edit on 25-5-2017 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Let them have their lil fun day at the movies.
Sheesh...

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I dont see nothing wrong with it.

Its actually not a bad idea for a womans only screening. Pretty cool.

The rest of us can catch it another day.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Idreamofme

But when they're all at the horror movie together I want to be able to see them all have their collective heart attack again and again and again.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Is that just part of a marketing ploy or are they really getting p***y?

I don't think too many men would be that bothered.
After all, they get a night off to go for a beer.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
*applause*

I don't know who is doing the complaining and if they are betas or pseudo-alphas but I thank you for acknowledging that a ladies girl-power movie night is nothing to get anyone's panties in a bunch about.

I'm sure the ladies will have an awesome time cheering WW on without worrying that their male date is secretly comparing her to the screen goddess. Sounds like cathartic fun and why not??

+2 more 
posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

They could just put on lipstick and say they identify as a woman. No problemo

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I can't believe this is an issue. Let them have fun. Pajama Night at the movies for girls only sounds like a genius idea.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
The announcement has sparked outrage among male attendees.

Weird.. I mean, come on, if you want to go, simply put on your dress, put up some make-up, comb yer beard. And go. "Yep, I identify as a woman". I mean, really, sheez, you Americans ..

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Well if the way things go today are anything to go on they can just say at the door they identify as a female lesbian who likes to dress manly...

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

There always is let them get their chick flick viewing urge out of their system.

And there's always the feminist hivemind breeding grounds, self-segregation angles.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

Is that just part of a marketing ploy or are they really getting p***y?

I don't think too many men would be that bothered.
After all, they get a night off to go for a beer.

I know, right!

A night off, beer, pizza, more beer. . !

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Chick flick viewing lol.

So wonder woman is the equilavent of Magic Mike 3.

Lol

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
A few nutless morons hammerfisting their touchscreens to vent on twitter doesn't really seem like mass outrage to me.

The new media model is just stupefyingly half arsed and lazy but alarmingly it works. Create story, trawl social media until you encounter that one tard who you can forcefit into substantiating your narrative, sloppily throw 200 words around it...just enough to keep the ritalin addled masses reading before ex celebrity buttplug archipelago comes on tv to take their attention away, press enter and watch it spread.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Men are getting pissy over ladies night at the movies? Really? Let me guess, the men that are upset are the beta-males who have as much testosterone as a seven year-old girl.

They're comic book fans, what do you expect ?

Although it does smell a little of double standards, I'm sure the feminazi's and SJW's would be in blitzkrieg mode if there happened to be a men's only screening

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

Perhaps.

But I'm willing to wager that there are a substantial amount of dickless sissies who got their panties in a twist over this.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I dont care. Why does it matter?

More likely fake outrage claims to push a political narrative and sell tickets. Though there are idiots everywhere so who knows.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Well great. You actually posted something I agree with. Lol.

Yea anyone mad about this needs a good smack to the head.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
GAME-NIGHT

I have a craps table...

who's bringing the keg???

PM me for my address... and bring that money!

(House gets 10% off the top)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join