It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal appeals court largely maintains freeze of Trump’s travel ban

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

originally posted by: avgguy
How is it a Muslim ban?

It's not, the OP is just being hyperbolic.

Clearly you don't know what the word "hyperbolic" means. I am reporting the facts of the situation. If you don't like that a FEDERAL court overturned your messiah's idiotic EO. Too bad. It isn't my fault and has nothing to do with what I've said.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

There are only 6 Muslim countries? Wow Iiberals must've taken a different world religion course than I.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

We haven't had weekly terrorist attacks before Trump came in and told us all muslims were dangerous and it won't start with his ban not being implemented either. Stop being hyperbolic.

Maybe not weekly, but way to many.

A Complete List of Radical Islamic Terror Attacks on U.S. Soil Under Obama

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

How is it a Muslim ban?

It's not, the OP is just being hyperbolic.

Clearly you don't know what the word "hyperbolic" means. I am reporting the facts of the situation. If you don't like that a FEDERAL court overturned your messiah's idiotic EO. Too bad. It isn't my fault and has nothing to do with what I've said.

It means exaggerated.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

You can discriminate against a group of people without directly discriminating against all of them. Feigning ignorance on this isn't going to magically unoverturn that ban.
edit on 25-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

We haven't had weekly terrorist attacks before Trump came in and told us all muslims were dangerous and it won't start with his ban not being implemented either. Stop being hyperbolic.

Are All Terrorists Muslims? It’s Not Even Close

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

You mean distinguishing between radical countries and civilized ones? Like common sense? Or are we going to pretend that radical Islam doesn't exist.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
But it's not a Muslim ban...

And funnily enough it was the only policy of Trump's I agreed with.

Go figure... hehe.

The 4th Circuit declined to lift an order from a Maryland federal judge, who ruled against the travel ban in March and sided with opponents who said the ban violates the Constitution by intentionally discriminating against Muslims.
OP Source
Federal judges seem to disagree with you. This travel ban is considered unconstitutional which seems to imply it is a Muslim ban. Perhaps you're correct and it isn't a Muslim ban yet it is still considered unconstitutional.
edit on 5/25/2017 by Devino because: added excerpt

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

You mean distinguishing between radical countries and civilized ones? Like common sense? Or are we going to pretend that radical Islam doesn't exist.

Lol. Who has made that distinction? Certainly not Donald J. Trump.
Countries Under U.S. Entry Ban Aren’t Main Sources of Terror Attacks

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I don't think the left will be happy until we have weekly terrorist attacks like Europe.
Do you not care about the US constitution? I find it odd how many seem to not be able to understand the point here. "Leftists" don't want terrorism, they want to follow the constitution and for good reason.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Never said they are, quit deflecting from your own damn thread as you tell everyone else. This thread is about a "Muslim ban".

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Never said they are, quit deflecting from your own damn thread as you tell everyone else. This thread is about a "Muslim ban".

Yes a Muslim ban that has zero evidence of being necessary. Something I partially demonstrated with that link.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

So he is discriminating against what? Is it against extremist muslims, or is it countries who have been shown to harbor and help extremist muslims, I don't get what you are trying to say there. Also if what you're saying is one of the above groups, how is it a bad thing?

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

how is it a bad thing?

First Amendment to the United States Constitution

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

He didn't violate the 1st if he did then no Muslims would be allowed in...Yet there are many many places from which Muslims can apply to get visas from as well as visit the US from. So can you explain how exactly he violated the 1st?

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

He did. That's what the courts are saying. You can argue this with me all day, but the courts say you are wrong and they get the final and more importantly official say.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Good.

This needs a Supreme Court decision.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

So what will you say if SCOTUS upholds this decision?

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Well bias judges from left leaning districts can disagree all they'd like...Which is funny how the only districts to challenge this are heavily left bias ones from heavily Democrat states...Let's see what happens when it goes before the SCOTUS... To anyone with an ounce of logical thought and half a brain it's easy to see how the court is wrong and are playing politics with this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join