It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK May Stop Sharing Intel w/ US Due to Leaks

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

That's bullsh!t. He's the president. Like it or not, he's entitled to all the intelligence available. If they don't want to tell him then it's because they're scared of him and they're hiding something.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

That's bullsh!t. He's the president. Like it or not, he's entitled to all the intelligence available. If they don't want to tell him then it's because they're scared of him and they're hiding something.

No the President doesn't have access to all the information he wants because if he did then he couldn't claim plausible deniability whenever it's handy.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Plausible deniability for what exactly?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: buster2010

Plausible deniability for what exactly?

For just about all the top secret crap going on that every administration does. A form of "Don't ask, Don't Tell" if you like. This has been standard practice for decades.

No, the president is NOT entitled to all the intelligence he wants, because his access has always been on a need to know basis. And since this president is likely working for and furthering foreign hostile interests, the decision to keep intel from him is a last ditch effort to keep him from fulling handing us over to our enemies.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
I think you vastly underestimate UK intelligence.

I don't vastly underestimate anything, although I think that you vastly misconstrued my underlying point. And BTW, where did I say ANYTHINK about the UK's intelligence community?

(Hint: I didn't)

UK intelligence and diplomatic influence is some of the best in the world.
We wrote the book on modern spying and diplomacy.

Can you send me a copy? I'd like to read it.

The USA is just dumb musle.

Sheesh, did I put someone's panties in a knot? Calm down...here, I'll explain what I meant so that you can understand my initial point:

The US and the UK share a pretty decent alliance and partnership when it comes to many, many things that affect either country, both countries, or other allies. We work together quite well, for the most part, especially considering that it really hasn't been all that long since our highly contentious divorce and subsequent bickering here and there.

That said, this partnership relies on a tit-for-tat, quid-pro-quo relationship--neither country is in the business of doing something and getting nothing in return. If the UK wants to start withholding things like intel about things like terrorist attacks being committed by a group that we are both fighting in unison on a global scale, this will put a massive strain on the symbiotic relationship that we have as two sovereign nations.

Whether or not you think that the US is just "dumb musle" (the irony in that spelling mistake makes me chuckle), it doesn't change the fact that we are still much more influential on the global scene than your little island on which you reside. If the UK wants to start playing the withholding game, it bears reminding that, compared to the US's resources, influence, and the weight that we carry as an ally, the UK is not quite playing with a full deck of cards.

This is like the bear cub poking the sleeping adult bear--it's not the smartest idea to play that game, because you don't want papa bear to wake up grumpy (and with our current unpredictable president, that's possible). The US can be your best friend or your worst enemy, and usually falls somewhere in between, but it's not good to voluntarily slide down the scale away from the best-friend side.

There, that was my implication--is that spelled out well enough for you now? See...nothing about the UK's intelligence community. Why you went off on that tangent, I will never know (and I really don't need it explained).

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010No the President doesn't have access to all the information he wants because if he did then he couldn't claim plausible deniability whenever it's handy.

Actually, when it comes to the organizations (including the intel community) in the executive branch, the president does have a right, and duty, to have access to all of the information.

You've been watching too many movies. I'm not saying that information isn't withheld from presidents all of the time, but that doesn't mean that the withholding is appropriate.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

The same liberal people bashing Trump and leaking stuff are now hurting America. Not that liberals will care.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join