It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK May Stop Sharing Intel w/ US Due to Leaks

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

It's the US government for crying out loud, they can't keep a secret to save their own, you know what. It's all about the money.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: Hazardous1408

This is all a distraction from Conservative failures that led to the terror attack in the first place.

Please elaborate.

The UK authorities were warned 5 times about the terrorist and his behaviour. including him being in Libya in the past month.

The conservatives in this case is the UK conservatives, the party in power.
edit on 25/5/2017 by Taggart because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

You're referring to this?

Trump told Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte Washington had "a lot of firepower over there", according to the New York Times, which quoted a transcript of an April 29 call between the two.

"We have two submarines — the best in the world. We have two nuclear submarines, not that we want to use them at all," the newspaper quoted Trump as telling Duterte, based on the transcript.

He told them we have nuclear subs "over there". Wow, what a breach of national security. If you think nobody could've imagined we had subs in the vicinity you are too far outside of your element to be in this conversation. That was a revelation to exactly no one.

And yes unsubstantiated means it's unproven, as in no evidence it really happened. It was blown completely out of proportion by the media. That's the only part that's been substantiated, via a statement from Israel, the ally the media was purporting would be incensed.
edit on 25 5 17 by face23785 because: Tried to make less offensive

edit on 25 5 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

What "side" would that be?
The side that doesn't want children being blown up because of the ineptitude of our elected Government?

It is a fact that the Conservatives made massive cuts to Policing...
Especially in Manchester.

www.google.co.uk...

You're the one being partisan by defending this bullsh*t.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I'm being partisan for saying both parties are bringing this on us?

Interesting, well I suppose you're right in a fashion. I'm being biased, I think both the parties have the same agenda, and either way you cut the cake, we the people get shorted.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

In the U.K. both parties do not have the same agenda... not even close...

& both parties haven't been in power for a decade, the Conservatives have been.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Not surprising.

The leakers are a far bigger security threat than anything Trump. The MSM is largely too stupid and too caught up in their fake outrage to understand that though.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Well probably a good idea overall. Since the Pro-terrorist American Media will publish anything that directly harms their own country.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I think that it would be ridiculous if the UK quit sharing intel with the US. The UK government would be the one losing on that deal, as the negative effects would definitely land mostly on them.

Plus, I'm sure that the NSA is already listening to most of the their executive-level government officials anyhow, so there's that.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Please read this article to understand the extent of UK failure IN THIS CASE.

In many other cases the Intelligence community succeed unnoticed.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

I too think this a 'distraction' from the causes of failure - huge cuts to UK Border Control and Intelligence communities. It is political expediency at source, to make the books balance. And it is political expediency in the weeks prior to an election.

Suicide Bombers are by definition insane. Any suspect needs watching. Take the eyes off the ball and we are all punished.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Doxanoxa

No doubt some more needs to be done here to find out exactly what happened, but I'm not sure there's an intel failure here? They had the intel, they had all kinds of warning signs about the guy. They failed to act. This seems to be a common theme in these attacks lately, in the US too. In the US there have been instances where these guys were on the intel community's radar, but they couldn't act because they were hamstrung by our laws.

Now, to be clear, I am not advocating abolishing the 4th Amendment (or the UK equivalent), because when you make this point that's immediately what the other side says "Oh what do you want a police state?" No. There is a lot of middle ground between where we are now and a police state. All I'm suggesting is perhaps we need to look a little harder at the balance we've struck. If we keep getting intel on these people that appear to be dangerous but we can't stop them before they kill people, we may need to tweak the system a little.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I'm not confused. I said he can declassify anything he wants. Obfuscate? Learn to read.

Doesn't make it not stupid.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Kali74

He told one guy where the submarines were....

But now billions of people know because some anti Trumper leaked it to the world.

Which is worse?

(they're both bad)

But thanks for proving my point above.

Anything he does bad the Democrats will do worse to sabotage his presidency.

While his presidency may be a stain on America, the democrats will make it worse while saying Barrack Bush was the best president ever. Bombing seven countries and spying on citizens in a way that would make WWII Germany jealous.

Would it have been leaked at all if Trump kept his mouth shut?

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

But now billions of people know because some anti Trumper leaked it to the world.

Which is worse?

(they're both bad)

While his presidency may be a stain on America, the democrats will make it worse while saying Barrack Bush was the best president ever. Bombing seven countries and spying on citizens in a way that would make WWII Germany jealous.

Donald Trump legally declassified information while talking to an ally he was trying to reassure and gain support from in a region where a lunatic now has nukes. He has nukes thanks to awful policy decisions Trump had nothing to do with. The seditious media and treasonous Never Trumpers decided to relay that information to North Korea and the rest of the world. If you can't see the issue here than you're not really smart enough to debate.
edit on 25-5-2017 by PepeTalk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: PepeTalk

I had just one feeling left and you broke it.

Tell your God Emperor to STFU.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Because the NAVY released the information. The phone call took place April 29th. The Michigan arrived in Busan April 24th,with a statement by the Defense Department.

www.cnn.com...

On May 2nd the Navy announced that the Cheyenne arrived at Sasebo as a demonstration of the US commitment to regional security.

m.navaltoday.com...-138818

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Listen, I hate that he even talked to that psychopath, he even praised him.

But was it really a secret we had trident subs outside of North Korea?

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Yes obfuscate. Trying to make it sound more complex than it is. It was very simple. Nothing was revealed that wasn't already known, Israel didn't care, it didn't damage our intel relationships. That's it. Everything else is butthurt anti-Trumpers crying wolf about everything as usual. I read fine. Sorry it amounted to nothing and you were disappointed. The story I linked to in the OP was a much bigger deal.

originally posted by: Kali74

Which is worse?

(they're both bad)

This a complete and utter tripe. No big secret was revealed, the fact the leakers chose to put this out shows they are either A stupid or B dishonest because there's no way he didn't know we had subs in that region already. Another example of anti-Trumpers crying wolf over nothing. Keep using up your credibility on nonsense like this, I can't wait to hear you whining that nobody believes you when something real goes down.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Taggart

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

This is all a distraction from Conservative failures that led to the terror attack in the first place.

Please elaborate.

The UK authorities were warned 5 times about the terrorist and his behaviour. including him being in Libya in the past month.

What does the UK now do about all the other immigrants that they've been WARNED about?

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I don't think the UK and Europe (and a lot of Americans) have figured out that "cold war" is over and that the world stage has changed since the 50s, 60s and 70s. The current enemy is insidiously infiltrating our countries, and intelligence sharing on this subject should be a priority with all nations that want to survive culturally.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join