It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump said he would save jobs at Carrier. The layoffs start July 20.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
Seems when Trump tries to do a lot of things, he gets shot down by lib judges,etc. The President is not as powerful as you may think.

You can make promises with good intentions, only to find out later that it may not work. I could promise to change a friend's tire tomorrow, only to find out he bought the wrong size. Would I be breaking a promise?

So now we are letting Trump get away with being misinformed and promising things he can't deliver? Do you guys ever plan to hold him accountable for anything?

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Looks like this place is infested with a lot of average to small minds then.

And no, that's not me singling out any one side, it's a general statement.

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: underwerks
I'm sure this is still a win for Trump supporters somehow. That part of his narcissism has been sold to his followers and they've lapped it up along with every other con device Trump's sold them for a ticket on the Trump train.

Yeah. Aren't you reading the thread? Trump wins for trying. Apparently the Presidency is the same as kindergarten these days.

Don't bad mouth kindergarten.

link   
I'm not incredibly young, very near 38. Every president I've been "under" has been criticized by the media. Always and furiously. It's the job.

Now, and only now, we have "fake" news. I don't doubt that it's been fake, but there has been plenty of fake for years. It's not new to Trump. Just the term.

He's the president. He doesn't get to pass blame. A president takes the blame. He's in charge. Screaming fake news is just sad.

link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It IS a grand opportunity to gloat about Trump's incompetence since he loves to gloat about his supposed greatness though.

well after losing the house, senate, and potus, and scotus you will accept ANY victory
even when it hurts your fellow americans

nice

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Trump wins for trying.

Looks like they're giving Trump that "participation trophy" they seemed to hate the idea of so much a few months ago.

The hypocrisy knows no bounds.
edit on 5/25/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Seems when Trump tries to do a lot of things, he gets shot down by lib judges,etc. The President is not as powerful as you may think.

You can make promises with good intentions, only to find out later that it may not work. I could promise to change a friend's tire tomorrow, only to find out he bought the wrong size. Would I be breaking a promise?

So now we are letting Trump get away with being misinformed and promising things he can't deliver? Do you guys ever plan to hold him accountable for anything?

I sure do. I made a thread yesterday about SSDI being cut because I wasn't sure what it all meant. If I think he is doing something entirely wrong I will call it out for further understanding.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: olaru12

Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events and small minds discuss people.

I'll let the readers discern that for what they will.

Noted....

I'll remind you of that the next time you defend the Orange messiah and his BS policies.

edit on 25-5-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
im curious why anyone thought any president has the power to dictate what a private company does in the first place? do u really want the govt up in a companies business dictating what they do at that level? carrier probly lied to jump on that bandwagon for free adverts and if your displeased vote with your wallet. the alternative would be to have the hammer dropped on them by the govt which im 100% against

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

The Indiana Economic Development Corp. board on Tuesday voted to approve up to $7 million in grants and tax credits for Carrier. The November deal, reached after a mix of public shaming by Trump and negotiation by Pence, caused Carrier to backpedal on closing its furnace-making operations in Indianapolis and moving more than 700 jobs to Monterrey, Mexico. Carrier agreed to keep at least 1,069 workers in Indianapolis for the next 10 years.

www.indystar.com...

are you talking about this deal??? so they used the $7 million in grants and tax credits to automate and relocate the jobs, how nice!!!
carrier strikes again!!!

This part:
"United Technologies, Carrier’s parent company, agreed to spare some of the positions in exchange for $ 7 million in state tax credits. (If the company outsourced any of those jobs over the next 10 years, it would have to pay back the money, according to the Indiana Economic Development Corp.)"

I guess they got out of penalty by outsourcing to robots.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I sure do. I made a thread yesterday about SSDI being cut because I wasn't sure what it all meant. If I think he is doing something entirely wrong I will call it out for further understanding.

But you have no problem giving Trump participation awards even though he fails?

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

Didn't Trump say he was going to penalize Ford (maybe another car company?) for manufacturing their vehicles in Mexico. I think he was talking about charging them a 35% or so tax for manufacturing outside of the U.S.

ETA: Yeah, he threatened Ford with a 35% tax if they manufactured outside of the U.S.
edit on 5/25/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

It IS a grand opportunity to gloat about Trump's incompetence since he loves to gloat about his supposed greatness though.

well after losing the house, senate, and potus, and scotus you will accept ANY victory
even when it hurts your fellow americans

nice

Now you know how we've been feeling while you rub it in our faces and pretend like our opinions don't matter. What comes around goes around. I really don't care about your crocodile tears here. Boohoo. Trump is incompetent, maybe you'll wake up and realize it one day before it is too late.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

no i really don't know how you feel

i think it is bad when americans lose jobs
no matter WHO is in office

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

If it is out of his hands then what? He tried and it failed. I'm not giving him a participation trophy but I'm also not going to bash him when he may not have any control over the situation.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: olaru12

Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events and small minds discuss people.

I'll let the readers discern that for what they will.

Hahah great minds, a trumptards acting smart.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

What about all the jobs Trump is cutting at the EPA and other agencies? Do those American jobs not count?

link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

source please

link   
a reply to: MOMof3

I don't believe this is the first time that they pulled this stunt. I seem to remember at least one time NY gave them a ton of grants and tax credits in exchange for jobs and the jobs were soon gone anyways.
can't really say that carrier is alone either... it seems to be the norm.. usually ends up that it would have been cheaper to just let the jobs fly away, and give the employees affected their unemployment and job training, since you probably gonna have to do it eventually anyways.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

If it is out of his hands then what? He tried and it failed. I'm not giving him a participation trophy but I'm also not going to bash him when he may not have any control over the situation.

No control? This was known it was going to happen ever since Trump announced it back in December. The Union President straight up called him a liar over it. Instead Trump attacked the Union president saying he did a terrible job as the union president. This news today is only confirmation of something we knew all along. Trump promised snake oil and delivered just that.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join