It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sessions didn’t disclose meetings with Russian officials on security clearance form

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
FAKE NEWS: DOJ Responds to CNN’s Sessions Accusations

Attributed to DOJ Deputy Director of Public Affairs Ian Prior, the response read:

As a United States Senator, the Attorney General met hundreds—if not thousands—of foreign dignitaries and their staff. In filling out the SF-86 form, the Attorney General’s staff consulted with those familiar with the process, as well as the FBI investigator handling the background check, and was instructed not to list meetings with foreign dignitaries and their staff connected with his Senate activities.

So, there's the answer. Sessions was given official instructions that his meetings as a senator do not count.

I trust CNN will issue an official apology for acting like retarded gerbils?

None of that makes it fake news nor does it let Sessions off the hook.

Dude, just admit that you got burned.

Um... No.

Sessions acted in full compliance with the law, as determined by no less sources than the FBI and the DOJ.

Again. Your source doesn't say that. The FBI hasn't even released a statement on this matter yet, so that alone shows you are lying.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Krazysh0t

again prove he intended to make a mistake

You can repeat this all day, but it doesn't make it a thing. As I pointed out the completeness clause does that for me. If he signed it (and he did to make the document legal) then intent is proven.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

a reply to: RickinVa

Sessions didn't just meet with Kislyak at the NATO dinner. He met with him privately too.

You have had the confirmation now that your thread is based on fake news.

No I haven't.

yeah, you have. Here it is again:

As a United States Senator, the Attorney General met hundreds—if not thousands—of foreign dignitaries and their staff. In filling out the SF-86 form, the Attorney General’s staff consulted with those familiar with the process, as well as the FBI investigator handling the background check, and was instructed not to list meetings with foreign dignitaries and their staff connected with his Senate activities.

The DoJ have confirmed he did not need to fill out all his meetings. The FBI reports into the DoJ.

I am quite sure you will try and continue to push this fake story, a la CNN, but it's fake nonetheless.

edit on 25/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

Actually your unsubstantiated allegation is less important than two scoopgate

Denial.
It's not just a river anymore.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

Denial.
It's not just a river.
Still.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

so then you are for prosecuting hillary for the same
she signed the same paperwork

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Do you realize that the meetings with Ambassador Kislyak occured as official business as member of the Senate Armed Services Committee under President Obama, and was/is a part of the official record of the government of the United States?

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Why would he need to disclose that? It's not like Russia is America's enemy or else America would have conquered Russia back in 1945 when America had nukes and Russia did not.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
Why would he need to disclose that? It's not like Russia is America's enemy or else America would have conquered Russia back in 1945 when America had nukes and Russia did not.

Apparently they think he needed to list his thousands of meetings on the form. Maybe he should have written lines as well.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Haha... I for one support our new AG with the benefit of the doubt. He is, in my opinion, one of the greatest statesmen and patriotic American's alive. It is also my opinion that this issue is just another trail on the witch-hunt for the Russians.
All opinions aside I do have a few legitament question's to help advance this conversation:
1) In what context was Sessions meetings with the Russian diplomats under?
2) Was it part of his duties for his congressional committee?
3)Was it really a treasonous act of treachery to benifit the Russians and sellout America?

I would also like to add that in my opinion most of the stink thrown on AG Session is because he hasn't sold out 2 interest that have dirt on everyone in the system. AKA control files.
edit on 25-5-2017 by RogueWaterC1 because: Grammatical error I'm on my mobile b****** and I have big man hands

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: KEACHI

Just noticed your post. This is what I thought I had heard. Can we find a government source for this and put this whole smear campaign to rest...

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

so then you are for prosecuting hillary for the same
she signed the same paperwork

Hillary Clinton didn't fail to disclose people she met in foreign countries on her security clearance form. So no.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: KEACHI

Do you realize that the meetings with Ambassador Kislyak occured as official business as member of the Senate Armed Services Committee under President Obama, and was/is a part of the official record of the government of the United States?

Do you realize that he needed to disclose his private meetings with Kislyak and what this whole thread is about?

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

originally posted by: whywhynot

Actually your unsubstantiated allegation is less important than two scoopgate

Denial.
It's not just a river anymore.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Pft
edit on 25-5-2017 by KEACHI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
We need a new forum. Confirmation Bias. This thread is perfect for it.

Speak of th edevil go here and post your thoughts on the above.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 17000000pppm by yuppa because: added information

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

You are not paying attention. The meeting occured under his official business as a representative of the Armed Services Committee. It was part of his job and as such, sanctioned by the Governnent and part of the official record. You DO NOT have to disclose known information. THERE IS NOTHING TO DISCLOSE!!!

Wrong. Not mentioning that meeting is one of the reasons Sessions got in trouble during his confirmation hearings and why he had to ultimately recuse himself from the Russia investigation. And speaking of the Russian investigation, that is another piece that makes this more suspicious. Even if this is legal (but shady) it is still concerning that he omitted meetings with a country's diplomat that we are currently suspicious of tampering with American institutions.
edit on 25-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

He got in trouble? Cmon man, this isnt grade school. You mean some Democratic politicians complained about it because they could not come up with any real concerns about him becoming AG. Shortly after he was confirmed, which should tell you the true level of concern this deserves.

In addition, Kislyak is, and has been, the Russian Ambassador to the United States for 9 years. His job is to communicate with politicians of our country in order to facilitate peace and cooperation between us. Lol.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

He got in trouble? Cmon man, this isnt grade school. You mean some Democratic politicians complained about it because they could not come up with any real concerns about him becoming AG. Shortly after he was confirmed, which should tell you the true level of concern this deserves.

Did Sessions or did he not recuse himself from the Russian investigation due to the controversy around him not disclosing his Russian contacts? Don't blame the Dems on this one. You know DAMN well that Sessions did that.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

He recused bimself so he didnt have to listen to dip#s like you complaining about nonsense like this, lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join