It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sessions didn’t disclose meetings with Russian officials on security clearance form

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

yes

it is likelyyou only posted this trash because you are hyper partisan

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
It's in a stack with the Comey memo

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

yes

it is likelyyou only posted this trash because you are hyper partisan

It's also 100% confirmed that I posted this thread in the US political madness forum and not the mud pit so you cannot just ad hominem me like this and have to actually address the thread topic.

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Sessions didn’t disclose meetings with Russian officials on security clearance form

It's time to revoke Jeff Sessions' security clearance and kick him out of the AG spot. He lied on his application by failing to disclose meetings with Russian officials, and the way an application works is if you misrepresent yourself then it is invalid and possibly even illegal.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions did not reveal meetings with Russian officials when he applied for his security clearance to serve as the nation’s highest-ranking law enforcement official.

Sessions came under fire earlier this year for not disclosing to the Senate Judiciary Committee during his confirmation hearing that, as the senator from Alabama, he met twice with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak during the presidential election when he was also serving as an adviser to the president. In March, Sessions recused himself from investigations related to the 2016 presidential campaign after The Washington Post reported the two meetings.

That same information was omitted from Sessions’s security clearance form, which is known as an SF-86, as first reported Wednesday night by CNN.

Lying on a security clearance form, even if it is a lie of omission, is unacceptable. This is a national security issue and he needs to be removed from office immediately. No second chances.

Yeah...him and 1/2 our entire government everywhere in every state. Can't and won't prosecute them all. He's not the 1st nor the last.

Even Grandpa Trump is guilty somewheres' down numerous lines. Time will tell....for both and all violators....business as usual.
ex1: "I am not a crook!"- Nixon
ex2: "I did not have sex with that woman..."-Clinton
ex3: "Be-lieve me!" and "I did NOT..."(fill in the blanks with Donny-denials)-Trump

"Criminally guilty of lying" should be under the definition of politicians. Just catch 'em at it....

edit on 25-5-2017 by mysterioustranger because: pfffffft

link   

lol
nobody has refuted this yet so it has to be true

that is some standard

I quote myself:

That is evidence enough to say that it is likely true.

Do you not know what the definition of the word "likely" is?

Are you in cub reporter training? I mean quoting yourself as a source certainly is a great start!

You clearly enjoy your worthless dribble so I'm unwilling to further you delusional entertainment. Seek help.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

i did address the topic
you did not reply
prove he intended to make a mistake when filling out the form

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
It doesn't seem to me that meeting an Ambassador and BSing with him somewhere would constitute what they were asking about in the application. Every Senator has probably talked to that Ambassador if they went to functions where he was there also, they make it their business to talk to people who may be of some future benefit for their people, that is what Ambassadors do. They are hired for their ability to gab and get things done.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

a reply to: RickinVa

Oh I see what you are attempting here and it doesn't work like that. One or two meetings in the past year count as close or continuing contact within seven years.

So you are saying that Trump now has to list everyone at the Nato dinner as a close and personal contact?

The form is for people you have met on regular basis and have a close relationship with...it is designed to find out who may under the influence of a foreign government. It does not mean you have to report every single foreign contact you have ever had. Most politicians would have to list hundreds of contacts if that were the case.

I can't stand Sessions and hope hat he gets replaced, but your barking up the wrong tree on this one.
edit on R422017-05-25T11:42:53-05:00k425Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R452017-05-25T11:45:06-05:00k455Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

i did address the topic
you did not reply
prove he intended to make a mistake when filling out the form

There is no such thing as intent to make a mistake for failing to fill out a form completely. One of the things you do at the end of a form is sign a completion clause saying that you verify that everything you have written or not written is 100% accurate and truthful.
edit on 25-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
FAKE NEWS: DOJ Responds to CNN’s Sessions Accusations

Attributed to DOJ Deputy Director of Public Affairs Ian Prior, the response read:

As a United States Senator, the Attorney General met hundreds—if not thousands—of foreign dignitaries and their staff. In filling out the SF-86 form, the Attorney General’s staff consulted with those familiar with the process, as well as the FBI investigator handling the background check, and was instructed not to list meetings with foreign dignitaries and their staff connected with his Senate activities.

So, there's the answer. Sessions was given official instructions that his meetings as a senator do not count.

I trust CNN will issue an official apology for acting like retarded gerbils?

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Sessions didn't just meet with Kislyak at the NATO dinner. He met with him privately too.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Where's the form at ?

Where's the real "source" ?

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
I think he was told he didn't need to report meetings as a Senator but only the ones as a campaign representative.
Just saying. Even the dems in the house seem to think this is reasonable.

No. They aren't.

Democratic lawmakers demanded Mr. Sessions’s resignation on Wednesday. “He’s lied under oath,” Senator Kamala Harris, Democrat of California, wrote on Twitter. “He’s misled on security clearance forms. It’s simple — he should not be the Attorney General.”

This is a serious crime and the head of our justice department shouldn't be getting an exemption for properly filling out a security clearance form. We've already seen what happens when the Trump admin is lax on security clearance measures in the past with Flynn. Sessions needs to go.

Some Democrat demands are so ridiculous they can;t be taken seriously.
Sounds to me like some are afraid of the investigations into leaks so they want to rehash another Russia conspiracy.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Sessions didn't just meet with Kislyak at the NATO dinner. He met with him privately too.

You have had the confirmation now that your thread is based on fake news.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Sessions isn't the only potential traitor we have on Trump Team. Our little Israeli plant Trumpy's son in law's memory also became very hazy when admitting meetings with a well known Russian spy.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

Attributed to DOJ Deputy Director of Public Affairs Ian Prior, the response read:

As a United States Senator, the Attorney General met hundreds—if not thousands—of foreign dignitaries and their staff. In filling out the SF-86 form, the Attorney General’s staff consulted with those familiar with the process, as well as the FBI investigator handling the background check, and was instructed not to list meetings with foreign dignitaries and their staff connected with his Senate activities.

So, there's the answer. Sessions was given official instructions that his meetings as a senator do not count.

None of that makes it fake news nor does it let Sessions off the hook.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

You have had the confirmation now that your thread is based on fake news.

No I haven't.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

None of that makes it fake news nor does it let Sessions off the hook.

Dude, just admit that you got burned. Sessions acted in full compliance with the law, as determined by no less sources than the FBI and the DOJ.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
If there is a precedent for punishment for this sort of thing then by all means go for it. I would doubt it requires the death penalty though.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

again prove he intended to make a mistake

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join