It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Faced with an urgent shortage of workers California farmers are desperate to be heard

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: olaru12

This is not capitalism- it is corporate fascism.

For your viewing pleasure.

$50 to pick 2 tons (4,000 pounds) of tomatoes. Sounds fair right?

Isn't it fantastic we now have a president that will sort all this BS out and bring us the Utopia he promised. But without Mexicans!!!
As I recall you are a supporter.

edit on 25-5-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

(post by FuggleHop removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

The system we have in place is only working because illegals can be exploited.

If the exploitation stops so does the food.

The answers are hard, but if we all stop ignoring the problem it would get better. But many want to think everything is OK, it isn't.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

The answers are hard, but if we all stop ignoring the problem it would get better. But many want to think everything is OK, it isn't.

Since when did you get all humanitarian. I thought you were a Trump styled trickle downer.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Think again,

I am no trickle downer, I wanted Sr. Sanders-but Hillary killed that idea.

Corps/banks need to be busted up-the Fed needs to be slowly removed-and lobbying needs to be pinched too.

I am not a R or a D-they both suck.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Think again,

I am no trickle downer, I wanted Sr. Sanders-but Hillary killed that idea.

Corps/banks need to be busted up-the Fed needs to be slowly removed-and lobbying needs to be pinched too.

I am not a R or a D-they both suck.

Sorry, However I distinctly remember you singing Trumps praises and he's a trickle downer.

Topic....It's going to get much worse as the inequality reaches biblical proportions with a slave class and a religious elite.
edit on 25-5-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Yeah. Any liberal leaning independent or Democrat who took a chance with Trump got the shaft. Trump is 100% conservative at this point and cares nothing about liberal wants.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Sadly you maybe right, anyone elected will have a long hard road. The powers that pull the strings are not going to let anything go.

I think Trump was a much better choice than Hill. I wanted to see Bernie and Trump debate, didn't happen the rigged system got what it thought was a slam dunk.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

a reply to: introvert

Correct, the cost of vegetables/fruits/meats do indeed cost something. Right now it is artificially low because of farm subsidies, illegal pickers-farm hands-and I'm sure there are many more.

I think we need to let the market take care of this one, while following the letter of the law.

I can agree with that. Farm subsidies are a joke, especially when it comes to ethanol/corn, but you are missing the point with the illegal aspect.

We have people that are willing to work and tend to crops that would otherwise go to waste, but our immigration/worker policy is flawed. Our policies and regulations allow people to take advantage of their willingness to work.

We're too consumed with the statistically insignificant issues that we miss the bigger picture.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Let them fail.

I don't care myself one way or the other if some farmer goes out of business because he wanted slave labor. Fk him and the people that ate the food too.

Peace.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ButterfingerGet American teens and homeless in the fields to learn a hard days work and a chance to be proud of it, at minimum wage.

Only if we can still whips 'em, massa y'all!

Not that one can get much for a Republikkkan Soul, anyway, but how much did you get for yours?
Tell us about your ill-paid backbreaking work in which you exhibit the sin of Pride? Xtian?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Any immigration lawyers in here? I hate winters up here. I'd gladly take away American Jobs from Americans. I'd become a dirty rotten Snow Mexican foreigner. I'd refuse to learn your language too.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

MY point being American kids are privileged more than ever and could do with some manual labor. I never said send them out by force(just that they wouldnt unless forced), but through workforce initiatives like FDR did in the 30s and it actually helped with building the infrastructure you use even today.

Your reaction is a good example of what I mean by todays mindset; Hardwork must equal Slave labor. Is picking fruit and such below us? I guess youre OK with importing brown people from the south to do the dirty work instead of having 17 yo Jimmy down the street so he can play xBox instead?
edit on 5262017 by Butterfinger because: clarify

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
Let them fail.

I don't care myself one way or the other if some farmer goes out of business because he wanted slave labor. Fk him and the people that ate the food too.

Peace.

Spoken like a True Trump supporter!! MAGA MAGA MAGA!!!!

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Farmers won't hire kids because of the liability.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Well slowly people are learning the true cost of holding others down .
Yep without the illegals expect food prices to sky rocket .
BTW I am Irish and picked peaches along side the Mexicans
well they ( not caring what the farmer told them picked it all rotten ripe and green ( thous making around 25 $ that day ( 10 hours .
me just picking the ripe as told made 15 $ .
You people are so blind this country is never more then 3 days from collapse .
And that 3 days is now become hours been waiting knowing for 40 years the day was coming and i may just live to see it and Humanity will reap what it has sown .
And I am no less guilt then you use it eat it knowing the whole time it was picked or made by slaves by people who are kept just enough to not die this pc your phone the vegges you ate all from slaves and you know as well as i and as i say Nothing do nothing .
But even worse Then I acutely encourage this system saying these people deserve less and even less then enough to live all the ones you say love hand outs ( with attatudies like this ))?? why the heck would you even bother take what you can anyway you can BECAUSE there will always be YOU saying I deserve less then you .

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

I bet Cali has alot of people getting welfare that could use a job.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I will tell you all a secret. Mexicans don't sue or draw workmans comp when they get hurt on the job. That's why farmers like migrant workers. No, all the field jobs will go robotic now.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

You don't need to tell me any secret for my point there are plenty of able bodies workers available. Anyone refusing to work while being able should have all benefits revoked.

Here's a secret for you, over 40% of the workforce is unemployed.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I don't think you understand the context of my post. But, I will move on.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join