It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK McDonalds Comercial - Y-all Got It Wrong

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Europeans are weird though.

Just watch YouTube videos about the French with their hairy armpits and no deodorant. Kind of proves my point

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Most all large corporations have a Marketing or Advertising Department to produce their own commercials., Once I worked at Ford Motors Marketing who did American Idol, John Deere Tractors, Dollar General and White Castle Hamburgers commercials too. They have massive studios for voice overs, filming, music and composition....and so this entire ad surely came from McDonald's themselves.

The real question is since Macs KNOWS the difference...what was their intention for letting this commercial go out as it did? There really is no reason to let it pass unchecked...but I know they do sometimes go on the assumption they know a certain market/country perceives things about the US differently.

Still...this one is widely inaccurate.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

I know because last time I bought 20 Chicken McNuggets, I asked for Mayo and they told me they don't do it. Needless to say I was pretty pissed off and slightly confused.

I like the other sauces but no mayo? Seriously?

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
See, I grew up in Europe as a teen in the early to mid 80s.......there were no McDonalds that I could find, hehe.

Except I don't know about the UK, never had a chance to visit. Spent all my time in Italy, Austria, Western Germany and France.

I ate the local food........oh how I miss it!

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

"Shaun Of The Dead" ......one of my most favorite movies ever!

In fact, I'm fixing to sit down and watch another Simon Pegg movie that I never got around to watching:

"The World's End"

Nothing else much going on today, so I'm finally going to sit down and watch it.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

The Worlds End is an ok film. I wasn't a massive fan.

If you like Simon Pegg films, check out Absolutely Anything. I couldn't stop laughing at it.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Another reason to go to BK.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Yeah, I've been leaning to BK recently. What pisses me off with all these megachains though is that depending on the time of day, the staff, the amount of customers etc diminishes the quality of your food.

I rarely go to Maccies or BK tbh but if I do, I only go when it's pretty busy so the food is freshly cooked.

Same with KFC.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I rarely do takeaways now. If I do it tends to be Chinese or Indian.

I refuse to go to KFC after getting a piece of undercooked chicken. I'd rather cook my own.

But I agree. Time of day, staff and busyness really does equate to the quality of food and service you get.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I'm fixing to sit down

I hear that a lot, but rarely see somebody actually type it!

I miss hearing this one: "I'm fixin' ready to kick yore as*"!

I love regional dialects and accents.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
See, I grew up in Europe as a teen in the early to mid 80s.......there were no McDonalds that I could find, hehe.

Except I don't know about the UK, never had a chance to visit. Spent all my time in Italy, Austria, Western Germany and France.

You missed out on Wimpy Burgers!

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Is that really a bad thing? I wish I would have missed out on them lol.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

You're all in an episode of sons of anarchy to me.

ohio, missouri, texas. poker runs.

I'll play with my kangaroo and pet koala.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Best burger I ever had wasn't from a mega chain fast food place, but a little hole in the wall place on a trip.

They had this thing they called the Five Dollar Burger. Entire pound of meat and was so big I couldn't finish it!

That's pretty much been standard for me: best foods on the road always seem to come from little out of the way places you've never heard of.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Really? I've seen that as a joke or a deliberate stereotype but not as a portrayal of a genuine citizen.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Its a stupid advert.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
That somewhat rotund guy with a mullet carrying what appears to be ED209's penis would be friggin awesome in an advert.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I order Indian twice a week on average. I'm addicted to Tandoori Chicken! I want to get my own Tandoor. Yum yum.
edit on 25-5-2017 by Wide-Eyes because: Sic

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Is that really a bad thing? I wish I would have missed out on them lol.

Horse meat...

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Well, they got the burger right, it wasn't bad at all, and I usually hate anything Mac...although the bacon included was a waste of time..that see through stuff that the other crappy place, Subway uses.
at the guy with the gun in your pic though, it looks like he is about to shoot a whole forest in one go!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join