It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One leak too far?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   
The current in thing in the US at the moment is leaking documents! But when does it go too far? The person who leaked these pictures had no political motive. It almost seems like it was to make a quick buck, I offer no evidence of this as this is only my theory but when does it go too far....

How about this:

No longer sharing information

Police investigating the Manchester Arena bomb attack have stopped sharing information with the US after leaks to the media, the BBC understands. UK officials were outraged when photos appearing to show debris from the attack appeared in the New York Times. It came after the name of bomber Salman Abedi was leaked to US media just hours after the attack, which killed 22 - including children - and injured 64.

You can read the rest for yourself that basically sums it up. This could lead to a bigger information black out between the two nations which decreases security. I know some will say that every attack is a false flag attack and is part of the Globalist agenda, but try saying that to the parents of the kids who died that night.

How can someone think this wouldnt backfire? Greed is too powerful

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: thekaboose

I think it's a good thing. At least people can't say it was fake kids that were killed by a fake savage. Like they did here. Got the hardcore evidence.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   

The police decision to stop sharing information specifically about the Manchester attack with their security counterparts in the US is a hugely significant move and shows how angry British authorities are.

The information from the crime scene wasn't shared on a whim: the British and Americans have a lot of shared world-leading expertise in improvised explosive devices and scientists would be discussing whether the Manchester device tells them something new that could, ultimately, track down a bomb-maker.

Other sharing will continue. The UK and US share a vast amount of information about terror and espionage threats - its a tight-knit network that also encompasses Canada, Australia and New Zealand. That system is based on trust and the "control principle": if a piece of intelligence is shared, the receiving nation has no right to further disseminate it without permission.

According to the article the blackout will only be for information pertaining to the Manchester bombing, other sharing will continue.

As someone that wants as much info as I can possibly get a hold of I have zero problem with leaks. That being said, if someone has sensitive information that can help guilty parties escape capture should it become public knowledge, they need to keep it under wraps.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Better to have the truth leaked then never know the truth at all don't you think.
The reason it's the "in thing" for the states right now is because we are tired of our politicians saying they will be transparent and honest with the american people , when they are anything but.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   
This is only the beginning though, if American sources keep leaking things like this, it makes both sides look bad. Those pictures should not have been published so close to the time it happened.

This keeps up, one by one countries start to lose faith in the USA and start to hold back information which can lead to bigger loss of life.

There was no need to leak these pictures, there was no political gain, there was 0 cover up. Its like if they leaked the name of the bomber and an associate, who thinks hes safe. Over here we havent released it as he is being sought by police. His name gets out, he knows hes been caught and does a runner.

What would that accomplish?

It was most likely done for money which is sick.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

just my opinion - but the levels of idiocy that are required to declare sandy hook = fake , can dismiss ANY level of evidence presented

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

There is a certain percentage that will always make life more complicated. We are at the point that we need to save as many as possible from this pattern of losing their critical thinking skills.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   
IMO, there's no such thing as too much freedom of information.

People need to know the truth in order to make decisions on how to solve problems. Letting the government spoon feed their narrative isn't working.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

I think it's a good thing. At least people can't say it was fake kids that were killed by a fake savage. Like they did here. Got the hardcore evidence.

If happened here they would say if was a false flag attack by Soros to take away 2nd Amendment rights.

I have no problem with 2nd Amendment rights. But I think guns need to mandatory liability insurance. The family of the victims of Sandy Hook had to pay for all the funeral costs. If their kids were all killed in a bus accident at least they would not have had to shell out the funeral cost to add insult to injury.

edit on 25-5-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   

The reason why an American artist concert was attacked and the reason the info was leaked was to divide the UK and the US against one another.

In the Middle East, dividing Muslims against one another took decades, centuries even, and millions of tons of hi explosive ordnance delivered by Mega aircraft carriers, attack aircraft and armies.

In the UK it took one backpack, lol.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The reason why an American artist concert was attacked and the reason the info was leaked was to divide the UK and the US against one another.

In the Middle East, dividing Muslims against one another took decades, centuries even, and millions of tons of hi explosive ordnance delivered by Mega aircraft carriers, attack aircraft and armies.

You forgot the dead kids in that last bit. The youngest being what, 8?

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: thekaboose

Setting aside all the dead children in ME "Humanitarian Interventions".

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Killed by fellow Muslim hands or by governments I do not support and oppose myself when they decide to drop bombs?

It is never ok to kill a child, but I was pointing out that

Could have been worded in a less sick way, but its your right to say what you wish and its my right to say what I wish.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Could have been worded in a less sick way, but its your right to say what you wish and its my right to say what I wish.

Comparatively speaking, what the US and EU (NATO) are doing to the Middle East is 'sickening'... you just don't see it on the TV, becoming conditioned to the tragedy of "one backpack", comparatively speaking...

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: thekaboose

Most liklly well over a million Kids under 8 killed in the earlier bit..
edit on 25-5-2017 by Pandaram because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

What about government vs rebels?
68 children among 126 killed in bus bombing

Do you believe that everyone else on this site is blind to the horrors around the world? I made it very clear:

It is never ok to kill a child

Doesnt matter if your white, black, asian, purple, from the moon. People on here seem to distance themselves from the actual point and like to make jokes or play it off.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Do you believe that everyone else on this site is blind to the horrors around the world?

Most of us are kept ignorant, yes.

Read the post above yours (byPandaram).
edit on 25-5-2017 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I guess there is no real way to actually get across my point without sounding horrible. All I was suggesting was next time before you try and crack a joke have a heart. But hell what do I know, maybe caring makes me a horrible person.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
If the leaks were about justice or anything they might be a good thing.

Recently they've only been politically motivated and a majority of the time still remain unproven.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

I understand, but what possibly could this have achieved this time around? Just angering another country, no one gets in trouble but there is less information shared.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join