It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Security services missed five opportunities to stop the Manchester bomber

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Again this pos was know to authorities but managed to carry through this attack at the MEN. Friends and Imams at a mosque had told Police and intel services about his feelings regarding revenge attacks & suicide bombing. He was even allowed to fly back & forth to Libya! In fact he only came back from there a week before he struck the MEN but still wasn't being tracked.

This tells me the intel services failed pretty badly with this one.

The Manchester suicide bomber was repeatedly flagged to the authorities over his extremist views, but was not stopped by officers, it emerged Wednesday night. Counter Terrorism agencies were facing questions after it emerged Salman Abedi told friends that “being a suicide bomber was okay”, prompting them to call the Government’s anti-terrorism hotline. Sources suggest that authorities were informed of the danger posed by Abedi on at least five separate occasions in the five years prior to the attack on Monday night.

So how come all these people who carry out attacks in Europe were known to intel but still carry it out?

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

It's tempting to say they were recruited or otherwise controlled for the larger political purpose.

It's been commented on many times that the alleged perpetrator looks like an unsharp tool, easily manipulated.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Also he was displaying the ISIS on his house.......

The UK government have blood on there hands as they are responsible through extreme negligence.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   

the security services are condemed WHATEVER they do

example

obligitory summary - 3 feinian cockwombles conspired to detonate an IED in gibralta - the SAS shot them , some people complained that this was a violation of the [SNIP] " human rights "
edit on 5/25/2017 by eriktheawful because: Removed word censor bypass

(post by crazyewok removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Whilst this appears to have been a serious breach, the reality is that you can't blame the security services. Do you have any idea of how many people are needed to investigate and then watch just one possible suspect? It is a simple matter of resources - we have a small population and this is reflected in the number of security personnel available.

Quite simply, the chances of this not happening again (as in missed opportunities) will only increase if we change the modus operandi in this country. This would entail detention and rendition without full proof of anything. Now im not saying we shouldn't take that approach but it has to be acknowledged that if we do go that route, it is the start of a slippery slope to Police state.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I know through a friend of mine that there are already "false flag" theories going wild on facebook, I personally don´t use facebook..

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

It's tempting to say they were recruited or otherwise controlled for the larger political purpose.

It's been commented on many times that the alleged perpetrator looks like an unsharp tool, easily manipulated.

Well... looks like he was brainwashed for sure but I'm pretty certain this isn't the intel services doing it, it's some muslims doing it who want to cause these attacks... it's probably being done in Mosques or at private homes.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

I don't believe it to be a 'slippery slope' as at this present time there are only one type of people doing these acts, so it wouldn't be a bad thing to detain & question as many as they have doubts about IMO

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
I know through a friend of mine that there are already "false flag" theories going wild on facebook, I personally don´t use facebook..

This isn't a false flag.. people died!

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

originally posted by: verschickter

This isn't a false flag.. people died!

False flag doesn't mean it didn't happen. False flag is when an event is framed in a certain manner to hide the true cause.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I'm with you on this one. I'm not British but today I cried again when I saw the pic of that little girl killed. Oh God, how much it hurts!

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Security services is going to have to start a trained volunteer corps, or violate these immigrants rights by placing hidden tracking devices and monitoring.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   

So how come all these people who carry out attacks in Europe were known to intel but still carry it out?

For the same reasons whole armies are 'allowed' to 'invade' other countries.

If you want to stop these kinds of attacks we only need to stop attacking countries in the Middle East.

Drops Mic

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Also he was displaying the ISIS on his house.......

Please could you provide the source for this - Not saying you're wrong but read claims he was flying a flag but can't find anything that backs this up.

It was a massive intel failure - the key areas of UK anti-terror, UK Border Force Agency, Police and SIS, have suffered massive cuts in recent years with Manchester police finally admitting they've been cut so hard they need the army to shoer up numbers. It takes 300 highly trained to monitor one suspect.

This areshole seems to fit the category of too stupid to be considered high priority - however the recent travel to Libya and Germany coupled with apparent smuggling of the bomb components via plane cargo delivered to an adress he used his real name on is completely inexcusable.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Part of the problem is the softly softly approach the police take towards this type of scum.

If they kicked his door in and took him off to jail for 10 years for some enhanced interrogation, all the fluffy bunny brigade would be bitching and moaning about it. So they just turn a blind eye. Pretty much like they do over the rape gangs in places like Rotherham.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

If you want to stop these kinds of attacks we only need to stop attacking countries in the Middle East.

Drops Mic

False. Iran took a couple hundred US hostages a few decades ago. There was no attacking going on there. Outside of Saudi Arabia, the Muslims tend to get a bit psychotic in regards to international laws.

If we stop attacking, the same thing will occur that occurred in Manchester. You extend an immigrant family the red carpet, and they spit on you.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

I agree with your point about massive cuts.

I can't recall which of the major parties put reversing our Border and Intelligence community resource cut-backs in their election manifesto.

I'm sure one at least, possibly even funded by cutting free school dinners.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

That's a bullsh*t excuse.
This guy had terrorist written all over him.

Now if it was some quiet unknown guy that went unnoticed, that would be valid. But not only was this guy noticed, he was brought to their attention 5 times.

This is ineptitude and negligence period.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Miracula2

originally posted by: intrptr

Drops Mic

False. Iran took a couple hundred US hostages a few decades ago. There was no attacking going on there. Outside of Saudi Arabia, the Muslims tend to get a bit psychotic in regards to international laws.

If we stop attacking, the same thing will occur that occurred in Manchester. You extend an immigrant family the red carpet, and they spit on you.

Are you witnessing the same world events? "Red carpet" of blood shed in Middle Eastern homelands will surely result in vengeance attacks. This guy travelled to Libya? How NATO destroyed that country in the name of "Humanity" is overallooked.

Just the other day the US war machine signed another 'hundred billions of bullets' deal wth Saudi Arabia (a predominantly Muslim country) to use in Proxy wars against (predominantly Muslim) Syria and Yemen, on behalf of the West.

As long as Arabs are killing Arabs, there is little alarm raised. As soon as one of them shoots back however, we here in the west go nuts. Whats the Manchester thread up to, thousands of replies?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join