It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolutionists, how do you explain this?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: JoshuaCox

well they may not have been creationists because they know better, but most of our game changing scientists were religious

they believed in god and believed that god gave us science so
most scientists back in the day were religious and placed god as their reason for doing their work

Before we had the technology to check the testable claims of the Bible...

Strangely enough that changed the second scientists had the technology to fact check the Bible..

Did the whole world flood?

How old is the world/universe?

What was the sequence of creation??

Was there a genetic bottle neck where Noah's family incested humanity into existence??

Can you fit 2 of every animal on a boat "X" cubits big???

All testable claims...

All easily debunked by the 1950's..

If it requires everyone else to be wrong or in some vast conspiracy for your world view to work.. it might not be everyone else who is wrong...

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

originally posted by: FuggleHop
a reply to: ReyaPhemhurth

whatever but unlike so called evolutionists christians are tolerant and loving and open minded. The opposite of scientists apparently.

Yes... you're showing us right now just how open minded Christians are with your special rhetoric. Nearly 100 years of the "Troubles" in Ireland come to mind. Toss in the Inquisition for historical context and add in modern Christians committing Genocide in Uganda today and you're totally proving your point. Well done old chap!

Christians in the US were outraged over JFK being a Catholic.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Fair enough a huge amount of nuance is lost in text, but that's not how it reads.

It reads " these creationists prove the intolerance of Christians."

Imho allowing logical fallacies into the correct sides arguments is half of our problem..

They point out the logical fallacy (as they should) but then discount the overall issue (as they shouldn't)...

Such as using Black Lives Matters as your headline for an issue that is not isolated to black people... which provides a laundry list of easy retorts to dodge the primary issue.

More whites are killed by police..

All lives matter...

See all black people are anti cop...

I just think you have people recognize bad marketing as marketing and shut off..

Well, for you, I will try to rephrase it...I meant in that context that the Creationists in the thread were clearly intolerant. I'm willing to accept that I am human and there is no humanly way possible to know every single follower of a religion, and thus cannot know that all followers of a religion are intolerant.

From MY personal experience, unfortunately, I have met far more intolerant Christians than tolerant ones. But again, I know myself enough to know that I'm open minded to the idea that they could exist...somewhere.

I hope this clarifies my standing. I meant no disrespect to you and it was not my intention to lump ALL Christians.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I suppose that intact dinosaur pulled out of Alberta is just a fake huh? Silly creationists.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Luceononuro
I suppose that intact dinosaur pulled out of Alberta is just a fake huh? Silly creationists.

I have a very intolerant Christian family member who believes the fossils were put in the Earth by God to test their faith.....SMH

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

No... that can't be true! The other guy says that all Christians do is promote love and acceptance. Don't forget... when Christians do or say something that's other self identified Christians disagree with, then the offending party is suddenly not a "true Christian". Apparently Christianity is an arbitrary thing that each of them can interpret in their own way as opposed to sticking with the alleged actual teachings of that silly rabbi, Yeshuah.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
All one has to do to believe evolution is a legitimate theory is look at the transitory species alive today. Mudskippers, lung fish, whales and hell, amphibians.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

No... that can't be true! The other guy says that all Christians do is promote love and acceptance. Don't forget... when Christians do or say something that's other self identified Christians disagree with, then the offending party is suddenly not a "true Christian". Apparently Christianity is an arbitrary thing that each of them can interpret in their own way as opposed to sticking with the alleged actual teachings of that silly rabbi, Yeshuah.

Couldn't have said it better.

I hear the "they're not a real Christian" argument all the time.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ReyaPhemhurth

God forbid you tell a Christian that the Muslim religion works the same way and has tons of different competing beliefs too. Nope, they all HAVE to believe exactly the same things.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Luceononuro
All one has to do to believe evolution is a legitimate theory is look at the transitory species alive today. Mudskippers, lung fish, whales and hell, amphibians.

Technically, all you need to do is go to a hospital and get treated for an illness. Any illness. Modern medicine is HEAVILY based on evolutionary theory and wouldn't work if the theory was false.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: ReyaPhemhurth

God forbid you tell a Christian that the Muslim religion works the same way and has tons of different competing beliefs too. Nope, they all HAVE to believe exactly the same things.

Exactly. Christianity and Islam are in the same hopeless boat.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

It's hilarious how similar they both are but each refuses to see it in the other.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
And why do I keep seeing these ridiculous creationist arguments about "proof evolution is wrong is the fact that you never see any species breaking the barrier and turning into a different species blah blah."

Can someone please inform me what this "breaking the barrier" nonsense is?

I mean...is this really an argument against evolution?
Do creationists really think that evolution is disproved by the fact that a horse doesn't "break the barrier" and turn into something different...like a parrot?

I'm trying doubly hard to wrap my head around this...

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

It's hilarious how similar they both are but each refuses to see it in the other.

They're both Abrahamic, they've both committed genocide in the name of their 'lord' and they're both as realistic as a large bunny hopping around that likes to hide colorful eggs for children to find.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Most creationist anti-evolution arguments are distilled down to strawmen that show they have zero clue as to what evolution really says. This is why they keep saying that evolution isn't real because it doesn't show where life started. Just make up # they THINK evolution says then argue against that instead of actually doing the research and legwork to see if there is any credibility to your argument.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

And they both make the lives of non-believers miserable to a stupidly large extent.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Most creationist anti-evolution arguments are distilled down to strawmen that show they have zero clue as to what evolution really says. This is why they keep saying that evolution isn't real because it doesn't show where life started. Just make up # they THINK evolution says then argue against that instead of actually doing the research and legwork to see if there is any credibility to your argument.

Thank you for the clarification!

I can definitely wrap my head around that.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

And they both make the lives of non-believers miserable to a stupidly large extent.

I know the feeling all too well. I have nieces that are a part of this ultra religious section of the family...I love spending time on holidays AS A FAMILY, but it's not without its religious jabs that my nieces have even learned.

You know how many times I have heard "If you just go out and get a bible, you could be saved today." Because it's that simple, right?

Or the "I'll pray for you." or the "Come to church, it's not like we'll burn you. LoLOLOLOL" Oh, how endearing.

And my all time favorite was my niece telling me that I haven't gotten pregnant and had a kid "Because Jesus doesn't love me." Not only did this come from a 5 year old (who clearly learned this intolerant Christian mumbo-jumbo from her intolerant Christian mother), but it came from a child who is one member of a larger Christian breeding family who believes in multiplying like rabbits, passing down the 'Lord's word' and continuing to make babies left and right without considering the financial strains of having so many children.

Oh. And I'm 26. So...if a 26 y/o female does not have children...Jesus doesn't love her and she's a disgrace

edit on 26-5-2017 by ReyaPhemhurth because: Fixed some spelling errors.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

My family isn't AS fundamentalist as that. Some of them are up there. Kinda, but I mostly get it by my parents and relatives refusing to believe I'm an atheist now. My dad just flat out told me that wasn't true and my mom says that I'm a non-practicing Catholic (at least she's a bit more sympathetic about it). I also experience it when I tell people I don't want to get married or have children. Anyone religious I say this to immediately balks and tries to give me the standard song-and-dance about how great and fulfilling a family is (like I've never heard this before or something).
edit on 26-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

My family isn't AS fundamentalist as that. Some of them are up there. Kinda, but I mostly get it by my parents and relatives refusing to believe I'm an atheist now. My dad just flat out told me that wasn't true and my mom says that I'm a non-practicing Catholic (at least she's a bit more sympathetic about it). I also experience it when I tell people I don't want to get married or have children. Anyone religious I say this to immediately balks and tries to give me the standard song-and-dance about how great and fulfilling a family is (like I've never heard this before or something).

YES! I hear that all the time as well. Gotta love when our personal choices are made to be blasphemous! My nieces and that part of the family can't wrap their head around my atheism. I invite the debates now
Especially on Christmas time. I used to ignore it and would be very quiet about it every time a comment was made, but I learned now to not be so ashamed to be an atheist in a world of Christians.
edit on 26-5-2017 by ReyaPhemhurth because: Missed a word.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join