It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolutionists, how do you explain this?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: FuggleHop
a reply to: ReyaPhemhurth

whatever but unlike so called evolutionists christians are tolerant and loving and open minded. The opposite of scientists apparently.

I got one two words for you friend

Northern Ireland

how about those tolerant christians eh!

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: firefromabove
a reply to: namelesss

Its a fact that scientists find one jawbone and conclude something.

www.scientificamerican.com...

its an article titled "Jawbone Fossil May Mark Dawn of Humankind"

Wow.

One jawbone fossil. Marks "dawn of humankind". How dramatic.

Let's see what Scientific America actually said

A 2.8-million-year-old battered jawbone from Ethiopia may represent the earliest ancient human fossil ever discovered—pushing back the known origins of humankind by 500,000 years. The remains, alongside a digital reconstruction of a damaged fossil from a key early-human species, point to an evolutionary explosion at the dawn of our genus, Homo.

First of all, it wasn't a single fossil. There were other pieces of the puzzle that had been found - although there is some uncertainty whether or not all the pieces were from the same species. Unfortunately that's how anthropology works: you have to make judgements based on the know data points, which are constantly being expanded upon.

Secondly, It's possible to estimate earlier morphology if you have other samples to work from - of which there are many. For example, our ancestors used to jaws that protruded further, smaller cranial cavities, shallower foreheads and larger brow ridges. It's not that big of a leap to estimate what a very early hominid would have looked like based on what is already know.

edit on 26-5-2017 by MarsIsRed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: MarsIsRed

from your quote

The remains, alongside a digital reconstruction of a damaged fossil from a key early-human species, point to an evolutionary explosion at the dawn of our genus, Homo.

The "digital reconstruction" was based on what exactly?

Secondly, It's possible to estimate earlier morphology if you have other samples to work from

estimating things amounts to guesswork. Its not based on empirical evidence

The evolutionists narrative is: "we believe life evolved, so lets explain everything from an evolutionary perspective"

not very different from astrologers who explain everyday phenomena from an astrological perspective

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   

estimating things amounts to guesswork. Its not based on empirical evidence

There's a difference between a wild guess and an educated guess based on incomplete data. The latter is fine, no one other than creationists paints it as anything more than an educated guess, yet the creationists like to make it sound like solid conclusions have been formed from incomplete data because it's an easy strawman to attack.

Same crap, different day.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Please read this

link

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   

whatever but unlike so called evolutionists christians are tolerant and loving and open minded. The opposite of scientists apparently.

Yes... you're showing us right now just how open minded Christians are with your special rhetoric. Nearly 100 years of the "Troubles" in Ireland come to mind. Toss in the Inquisition for historical context and add in modern Christians committing Genocide in Uganda today and you're totally proving your point. Well done old chap!

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: firefromabove

My mistake on that part. That was replied to FuggleHop..he made a post using those exact words . Please disregard. Was not aimed towards you.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

Yes... you're showing us right now just how open minded Christians are with your special rhetoric. Nearly 100 years of the "Troubles" in Ireland come to mind. Toss in the Inquisition for historical context and add in modern Christians committing Genocide in Uganda today and you're totally proving your point. Well done old chap!

Well said. And the incessant insults being spewed from the creationists in this thread alone (which is obviously a sign of them feeling threatened) is proof enough to show the intolerance of Christians.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ReyaPhemhurth
a reply to: firefromabove

And, seriously, you're calling evolution a money "greebing" scheme? Last time I checked Christianity was pretty damn money grabbing. Then again, I wouldn't expect you to know this. The power hungry world of religion wouldn't dare shoot themselves in the foot by admitting they break their own rules.

Show me...
When did I call evolution a money "greebing" scheme

Why do atheists constantly lie and misrepresent the opponent?

I don't know, why do you lie and insist that anyone who supports the Modern Evolutionary Synthesis must be an Atheist? I know plenty of Anthropologists Paleontoloists and prominent Geneticists who are theists and a couple of them are very devout Christians. Any other BS strawman stereotypes born purely of your own ignorance that up wantto lob out there like a little girl playing T-ball for the first time?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tinystarlight
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Oh yea. I do. You don't.

The atheist idea was thought up in mystery religious circles long before atheism.

Occult circles both influenced the teachings of Marxism and those of Hitler and Darwin.

This has lead to the deaths of far more people than that of any religion. And it was done by occultism.

It rules the world, it rules religion as well as atheism. And its source. I will not reveal here.

It is funny how they can't tell you how a male and female "evolved" from all the spaces we have today at the same time, everywhere, every time it had to happen. It is impossible. And they know it.

These skeptics, who are so full of their own "knowledge" have become without understanding. And cannot reason or answer.

When the AI was created, they cannot reason, the own human had someone who created him. But if you ask the AI that, it would reason that.

They just are not capable of this rationality.
Tinystarlight for emperor of the universe. I just can't argue with any of your well thought out and totally scientific facts.
edit on 26-5-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: Cypress

originally posted by: Cypress

a reply to: Cypress

So they're just interpolating things.

They have no actual evidence.

No it's called comparative analysis. Deny ignorance

Cool slogan bro

Needs more evidence

I see plenty of evidence being posted against you, which you continue to brush off...but when it comes to YOU posting any evidence to support YOUR claims or YOUR attitudes and assumptions...I see nothing except more vagueness and deflection.

I'd say the burden of proof should be your responsibility, as you are the OP.

At this point he's just trolling and not very good at it either.

that is all these threads are ever about. but it is only fair to let them have their fair shot at making fools of themselves. those who are willing to learn need no convincing. those who are not willing to learn, will never be convinced. that should be the new slogan for abovetopsecret.

I agree. There is no changing these people's minds. I just find some delight in knowing that these people will never be asked to perform any important tasks in their lives. These folks will never aspire to be scientists, lawyers, or doctors. They will be happy to run the register at the local dollar general where they can sneak in the back and read all of the hallmark cards and cry themselves to sleep on a pile of broken down cardboard boxes. I am pretty tired of trying to show people the light when they have no regard for anything outside of their own imaginations.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Which side are you referring to??

Because atheist/agnostics make up 85% of all living novel prize winners in math and science... so...

And the anti evolution crowd is led by ken Hamm and a bunch of TV evangelicals..

So which side were you saying would never achieve anything??

edit on 26-5-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Well said. And the incessant insults being spewed from the creationists in this thread alone (which is obviously a sign of them feeling threatened) is proof enough to show the intolerance of Christians.

The intolerance of CREATIONIST CONSPIRACY CHRISTIANS.. not Christians..

Putting people in the over generalization box isn't fair either way.

Playing that game just validates that tactic.. which would be penalized in any highschool debate.
edit on 26-5-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

They will be happy to run the register at the local dollar general where they can sneak in the back and read all of the hallmark cards and cry themselves to sleep on a pile of broken down cardboard boxes. I am pretty tired of trying to show people the light when they have no regard for anything outside of their own imaginations.

This description made my day.
Thank you.

I can now die happy and fulfilled.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Playing that game just validates that tactic.. which would be penalized in any highschool debate.

I mentioned the "Creationists" specification in the first sentence. The context is there.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Except for the vast majority of scientists and computer programmers are all atheist/agnostic...

The entire medical industry, all of math and science, all of technology...none of that is based on Christianity and and all of our most influential game changing people.. musk, gates, jobs, exc none are creationists..

So is that just wishful thinking???

Is there even one really really, influential person who is a champion for young earth creationism????

I literally cannot figure out what math you are using if you think it is creationists who are revolutionizing our world, while all the atheists are in their moms basement working at Wendy's?????

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

But you know...while I'm here..
Are you a fully tolerant Christian? Do you tolerate any/all religions? Do you tolerate all lifestyles? Just a question.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Except for the vast majority of scientists and computer programmers are all atheist/agnostic...

The entire medical industry, all of math and science, all of technology...none of that is based on Christianity and and all of our most influential game changing people.. musk, gates, jobs, exc none are creationists..

So is that just wishful thinking???

Is there even one really really, influential person who is a champion for young earth creationism????

I literally cannot figure out what math you are using if you think it is creationists who are revolutionizing our world, while all the atheists are in their moms basement working at Wendy's?????

What the hell are you even replying to? I didn't make any posts that would make this reply from you make sense.
I'm an Athiest. So..not sure what the heck you're getting at. Care to specify, Joshy?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

well they may not have been creationists because they know better, but most of our game changing scientists were religious

they believed in god and believed that god gave us science so
most scientists back in the day were religious and placed god as their reason for doing their work

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Fair enough a huge amount of nuance is lost in text, but that's not how it reads.

It reads " these creationists prove the intolerance of Christians."

Imho allowing logical fallacies into the correct sides arguments is half of our problem..

They point out the logical fallacy (as they should) but then discount the overall issue (as they shouldn't)...

Such as using Black Lives Matters as your headline for an issue that is not isolated to black people... which provides a laundry list of easy retorts to dodge the primary issue.

More whites are killed by police..

All lives matter...

See all black people are anti cop...

I just think you have people recognize bad marketing as marketing and shut off..

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join