It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right Wing Hun and Montana Congressional Candidate, Greg Gianforte, Committed Battery on a Reporter

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I find it amazing that if a politician even considers entertaining the thought of some form of gun control they are labeled an anti-American, commie loving, fascist by the Right. Yet, when a politician literally attacks a member of the Press there's no worry about violating the 1st Amendment by the Right. Instead it's passed off as boys will be boys and then that person gets elected.

Did you see Gianforte trying to cover his a** with that weak apology? He's clearly scared of going to jail so he's trying to come across as contrite so the judge will go easier on him. So much for being a alpha male. He's just a scared little b****.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

If it were a Leftist that had done this, they would have called them a terrorist.

We're dealing with hypocrites and partisans.

Honesty and humility is not an option.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

I find it amazing that if a politician even considers entertaining the thought of some form of gun control they are labeled an anti-American, commie loving, fascist by the Right. Yet, when a politician literally attacks a member of the Press there's no worry about violating the 1st Amendment by the Right. Instead it's passed off as boys will be boys and then that person gets elected.

Did you see Gianforte trying to cover his a** with that weak apology? He's clearly scared of going to jail so he's trying to come across as contrite so the judge will go easier on him. So much for being a alpha male. He's just a scared little b****.

I don't disagree about the partisanship, but by using this act to justify calling 'right-wingers' fascist, you are just partaking in the same.

Throwing some guy to the ground who is annoying you is not a fascist act.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

If you're trying to play the Freedom of the Press angle this literally has nothing to do with it. He's not going to jail either. He got charged with misdemeanor assault because the injuries to this "reporter" were so minor it didn't meat the criteria for the felony charge.

originally posted by: introvert

If it were a Leftist that had done this, they would have called them a terrorist.

We're dealing with hypocrites and partisans.

Honesty and humility is not an option.

So no hypocrisy from all those on the left glorifying violence the last 6 months that are whining about this now? That's partisan hypocrisy if I've ever seen it.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

So no hypocrisy from all those on the left glorifying violence the last 6 months that are whining about this now? That's partisan hypocrisy if I've ever seen it.

Sure. There's hypocrisy on both sides. Do you know what that means?

The Right is no better than the Left.

Hypocrites seem to be in abundance lately.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Yeah I'm well aware what it means. You just didn't seem too keen on pointing it out, so I gave you a hand.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

I didn't say the Right were fascists. I said they shouldn't be surprised to be labeled as such when their elected officials are beating up reporters.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Yeah I'm well aware what it means. You just didn't seem too keen on pointing it out, so I gave you a hand.

I don't need a hand in noticing the obvious.

The Left is no better than the Right, and the Right is no better than the Left.

If we are honest about that, it changes the entire narrative most people continue to spew and you would not be asking such questions.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   

If we are honest about that, it changes the entire narrative most people continue to spew and you would not be asking such questions.

Or we could be even more honest and admit the left/right paradigm does not exist, at least not in the way that it is perpetuated.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

I didn't say the Right were fascists. I said they shouldn't be surprised to be labeled as such when their elected officials are beating up reporters.

Why should they not be surprised to be called fascists? What has fascism got to do with a Republican congressman throwing an annoying reporter to the ground?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Or if you had pointed it out in the first place.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I suspect there is a very large percent of Trump's base (present company in these forums included) that believes that violence is good and something to be praised and self-control/empathy to be denigrated.

What a strange world we live in. So now when a republican kills someone its not a crime so much as a display of their superior predatory instincts (which the will leverage for you to make the rich richer, and we can all start enjoying that sweet trickle down).

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Are you missing the part that this was a literal attack on the Press? Do you really not see how that can be construed as fascist?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
I suspect there is a very large percent of Trump's base (present company in these forums included) that believes that violence is good and something to be praised and self-control/empathy to be denigrated.

What a strange world we live in. So now when a republican kills someone its not a crime so much as a display of their superior predatory instincts (which the will leverage for you to make the rich richer, and we can all start enjoying that sweet trickle down).

Are you seriously saying this after all of the violent riots, including assaults and damage to property, that have been committed by the "left", as they throw temper tantrums regarding losing the presidency?

Many liberals, including those on these forums, rationalized the violence as "free speech". By that twisted rationale, Gianforte was exercising his rights to free speech.

edit on 5/26/17 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I think this man should lead the battle against terrorism. Between him and Trump, game over. Two weeks tops.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Are you missing the part that this was a literal attack on the Press? Do you really not see how that can be construed as fascist?

No - this was someone losing his temper when he was being harassed.

I am guessing that many politicians from both sides are secretly wishing Gianforte an "atta-boy", as he did what they were tempted to many times when the press gets in their face and won't back off.

The Press has forgotten how to be journalists.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

No I don't. A politician slammed a weedy guy for being annoying.
Conflating that to a reason why people on this site are called fascists is nonsense.

Politicians have hit journalists in the past and will do again - you really are not surrounded by fascists because of it.
Take this guy... (a Democrat by the way)... is he a fascist? ... or was he just a bit pissed off with an annoying journalist?

Do his actions make you somehow understand why all people on this site who are on the left are called fascists?

edit on 26/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Once again, I'm not saying that everyone on the Right are fascists. I am however saying that the actions of Giafonte are but an example of why certain people (once again, not me) think the Right are all fascists.

Personally, I think any politician that lays hands on a citizen, outside of self defense reasons, is exhibiting fascist tendencies.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Once again, I'm not saying that everyone on the Right are fascists. I am however saying that the actions of Giafonte are but an example of why certain people (once again, not me) think the Right are all fascists.

Personally, I think any politician that lays hands on a citizen, outside of self defense reasons, is exhibiting fascist tendencies.

I think human tendencies.
Their is no fascism involved in either incident. Fascism has a meaning and it is not the same as violence.
Violent people are not automatically fascists or have fascists tendencies.
edit on 26/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Are you seriously saying this after all of the violent riots, including assaults and damage to property, that have been committed by the "left", as they throw temper tantrums regarding losing the presidency?

Many liberals, including those on these forums, rationalized the violence as "free speech". By that twisted rationale, Gianforte was exercising his rights to free speech.

Lol, no, but the difference between the liberal agitators as you describe them, and Gianforte going WWE on a reporter are that the liberals didn't immediately get elected to office. I take that to mean that liberal voters have enough common sense not to elect a monster to office.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join