It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right Wing Hun and Montana Congressional Candidate, Greg Gianforte, Committed Battery on a Reporter

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt

Now, I know that Trump may not have known this jerk had a hair trigger, but he sure gets himself entangled verbally and personally with the dregs of civilization. Powerful thugs, punks and sociopaths seem to be his circle.

It's true. He had the Clintons at his wedding.
edit on 25-5-2017 by PepeTalk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Lets see how long it takes for CNN to blame Trump for this incident.

Oh wait. They already did.

www.mediaite.com...

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: PepeTalk

lol, I wasn't discounting the Clintstones.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat
Lets see how long it takes for CNN to blame Trump for this incident.

Oh wait. They already did.

www.mediaite.com...

I can't wait for someone to body slam Don Lemon.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Simon_Boudreaux

It's just as ridiculous as the claim he is the best in history.
This left vs right stuff is bullsh#t..like professional wrestling..all theatre.
Both sides of the coin are the same, and guity of the same hypocrisy.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

It's just as ridiculous as the claim he is the best in history.
This left vs right stuff is bullsh#t..like professional wrestling..all theatre.
Both sides of the coin are the same, and guity of the same hypocrisy.

I never made any claims to him being the best. It's still too early in his term to make a judgement like that and with the man's ego I doubt he will be the best. You'll see no disagreement from me on the rest of your post.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Sorry I wasn't meaning you were implying he was the best..just adding to your post, pointing out both sides are about the same.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
Getting fined is the least of his problems. The guy will lose his election and also get a civil lawsuit in court too.....which he'll lose.

originally posted by: East1999
Right wing/Left wing. Body slamming a reporter is a douchebag move. Being a douche bag isn't partisan, and hopefully he serves a bit of time and gets fined.

Depends on his district makeup and how this reporter is viewed in that community. It might help Greg Gianforte win by a LARGER margin.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Smack......"MMMMMOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM, he hit me!"

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I'm glad that fox reporter was there to witness so that fox (hopefully) can't spin this around and blame the reporter.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

The Guardian’s Ben Jacobs entered the office without permission, aggressively shoved a recorder in Greg’s face, and began asking badgering questions. Jacobs was asked to leave. After asking Jacobs to lower the recorder, Jacobs declined,” Scanlon said.
Reporter should have had more respect.

Hope Gianforte wins the election.

Beats ordering a hit on Seth Rich for sending them emails to Wikileaks.

That's Scanlon's version. The reporter asked exactly one question, which he was trying to repeat before being attacked by a political candidate who at the very least has serious impulse control issues. The reporter did not threaten the candidate, the latter just snapped like a twig and punched him There was a camera crew there from Fox News. They said that what happened was exactly as the reporter described - www.foxnews.com...

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: PepeTalk

originally posted by: whywhynot

Getting fined is the least of his problems. The guy will lose his election and also get a civil lawsuit in court too.....which he'll lose.

Right wing/Left wing. Body slamming a reporter is a douchebag move. Being a douche bag isn't partisan, and hopefully he serves a bit of time and gets fined.

In Montana it will probably get him elected!

I hope so. He just lived out one of my dreams.

What, you dream of viciously attacking people for just doing their jobs? Seriously?

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

A wonderful and precise illustration of the media

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   

LOL,I find this amuzing,with all the attacks and cheap shots by the liberal rioters,some whiny ass snowflake would make a big deal out of this,not suprising I must say,I'm sure the puke reporter got what he deserved

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

LOL,I find this amuzing,with all the attacks and cheap shots by the liberal rioters,some whiny ass snowflake would make a big deal out of this,not suprising I must say,I'm sure the puke reporter got what he deserved

You think that it's ok for a candidate for Congress to snap like a twig and then beat up a reporter for asking him a question? You think that it's fine that the idiot's been charged by the police with assault the day before polling day, making at least three newspapers yank their endorsements of him on the grounds that he's a lunatic?

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Oh, I don't know about losing the election. If enough Montanaians learn about how leftist the Guardian is, they just may rally behind the guy. You need to be obnoxious to be a "good" reporter. Anybody can see that. Part of the reason I declined participation in that line of work.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Doesn't matter if the Guardian leans left or right. Bottom line is that 1. this right wing douche bag is a Trump supporter and 2. He physically attacked a reporter.

He's toast.

originally posted by: Aliensun

Oh, I don't know about losing the election. If enough Montanaians learn about how leftist the Guardian is, they just may rally behind the guy. You need to be obnoxious to be a "good" reporter. Anybody can see that. Part of the reason I declined participation in that line of work.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I watched this unfold last night on twitter. I thought about posting it, but i was waiting for someone else to do it.
I thought this was fishy and didn't want to just jump on the story.
I am not calling it FAKE NEWS, but I do think it is

possibly

a half-truth.

The audio mysteriously begins mid conversation. I have doubts that a person who is trying to interview someone right before a Meet and Greet press conference on the eve of an election would start their audio recording like that. If they were trying to scoop a story, why risk getting only part of the conversation?

But, if one had an intent to provoke someone into an altercation, I could see starting the recording right before the incident.

Greg Gianforte was obviously agitated and most likely assaulted this reporter, but
I don't think an altercation resulting in broken glasses warrants an ambulance and the Fire Dept.

Also, don't Meet and Greet's usually provide a forum for Q&A?
Gianforte also indicates that he has been ambushed before by another reporter by The Guardian.

IMHO, this alone is a cause for doubt.

Please don't take this as a defense for Gianforte's actions!
I'm just saying this reporter may have had an ulterior motive.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
The mouth frothing Right will eat this up, it could win the election for this thug.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Here's Michael Moore's take...
twitter.com...
Michael Moore‏Verified account
@MMFlint

More from the "Nobody Will Say This So I Will" Dept: Now why would a white Montana fascist go violent at the sight of someone named Ben Jacobs?

I asked him

Replying to @MMFlint
Really?...so are you saying he immediately attacked him upon seeing him? That's how it sounds to me

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join