It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With Confederate flags gone, Civil War museum will close

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

Well, duh.

Isn't that what happened?

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

And if you and I are around, we can be fined for saying anything contrary to the "true history".

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: seasonal

Woman cries, alleges assault after seeing confederate flag in Portland store

Silly women who makes a big deal about a confederate flag. She needs some real problems in her life, this is not something to get her self so worked up about. She also knows the buzz words to make herself seem like the victim. She was "shook up".

All the injustices in the world and this snowflake picks this cause. Oh, and she uses the great tactic of strapping a baby on her back while making a scene. She was probably hoping for more of a reaction from the redneck store owners and get her 15 minutes of fame with a hit YouTube vid.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I agree on that, I just can't understand why people just aren't smart enough to just mind their own business and just live their own lives. If more people did that this kind of thing wouldn't be so easy to achieve.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

I think people are more than within their rights to say I don't like the confederate flag, please take it down.

Then shut up about it, and the only reason is because they are being overly sensitive. It is the perfect storm of wussy leadership and idiot puss SJW's.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Trump supporters started the civil War.

Nancy Pelosi, an elderly field nurse, actually saved the union by telling Abraham Lincoln what to do.

I'm an amateur historian, trust me.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Who the hell would go to a confederate museum that doesn't even have a confederate flag in it?

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I'm afraid by that point TPTB will be able to monitor us for thought crimes.

I won't last an hour when that technology comes in play.

edit on 25-5-2017 by DrStevenBrule because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
We are witnessing the destruction of history and a heritage of a group of people by an ideology that seeks to place blame for past indiscretions of a few people on an entire race.

One of the most influential events in the last 500 years that lead to the eventual end of slavery in the west, is being glossed over by a bunch of people who spend their entire life fighting a non-existent oppressive threat. There is no rape culture(in the west), wage gap, patriarchy, mass racism, discrimination of minorities, or white privilege.
There is however an active campaign against the west, the male(mainly white), our history and heritage, and Christianity.
One has to wonder when these leftist will eventually realize they are now an authoritarian fascist faction of liberalism?
They are all on the wrong side of history...

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: The3murph

Beautiful and true General Robert E. Lee was a man of integrity.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Sad its it, Reinventing history and changing historical facts is as dangerous as forcing populations into what the government wants on dictatorships.

You can not erase history the same way that you can not erase stupid.

But you can teach history to avoid the mistakes of the past and make a better future

edit on 25-5-2017 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Probably dig 'em up and throw the remains into a river, using headstones to pave the walkway to a statue of BLM martyrs

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Why do people on a larger scale not realise that this is an attempt to rewrite history. With the whole confederate flag and statues being removed in about a generation or two people will only hear rumours about what happened and not really know the truth. What next remove all references to the civil war from school history books?

it's like we're living a bad future Dystopia sort of novel?

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85

That's what Google is for remember.
All we need these days

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: PistolPete

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: Tardacus

I`ll just say that the confederate states weren`t trying to overthrow the government of the U.S.

Yeah they were just trying to secede...
Because State Rights...

The Right to own slaves...

or assassinate the leaders of the U.S. government

But they did eventually though, didn't they...

Lincoln didn't die in awe of the play in that theatre.
He was shot to death.

Now, about that "County owned park"?
Anything to say about that?

Lincoln broke the law and literally was The traitor because he violated the law to prosecute a personal war. Lincoln took the south wanting to leave(at the time perfectly constitutional before the civil war) as a personal insult because they did not feel obligated to pay him tribute.

Lincoln got what he deserved for treason. Lincoln had no problem with slavery as long as it lined his pockets. HE was a hypocrite.

Wow. I read something that just drops my jaw every day now. Lincoln hadn't even yet been inaugurated when South Carolina seceded.

South Carolina Ordinance of Seccesion - it's pretty much entirely about the right to own other human beings as livestock.

1 percent owned slaves. the rest that didnt didnt care. To th erest of them it was about FAIR TAXES and not being Nickel and dimed to death by the government.

Also That what you read is obviously biased and slanted if it was wrote by a american who was brainwashed on the "official story"

Also you didnt reply to Lincoln breaking 11 laws to have his civil war. The whole problem was coming to a head when lincoln was coming into office but he was already beholden to the bankers and already a greedy polotician.

At the time SC was within its right to leave though. And Slavery was legal then as well So thye didnt break any laws.

LIncoln was a traitor to his position as president even before being sworn in. Lincoln never cared about slavery until the North was losing the civil war.
If Lincoln did care he would had spoke out about it at the very start.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: RogueWaterC1
a reply to: The3murph

Beautiful and true General Robert E. Lee was a man of integrity.

No the moron screwed the south over because he had to mention a reason as protecting slavery. Thanks Lee! If he would had made it about unfair taxation it would had been a winning issue. But no the southern elites who made up a small percentage of Southerners hosed the other 99 percent by saying it was to protect a industry that was eventually going to die out one day.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: PistolPete

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: Tardacus

I`ll just say that the confederate states weren`t trying to overthrow the government of the U.S.

Yeah they were just trying to secede...
Because State Rights...

The Right to own slaves...

or assassinate the leaders of the U.S. government

But they did eventually though, didn't they...

Lincoln didn't die in awe of the play in that theatre.
He was shot to death.

Now, about that "County owned park"?
Anything to say about that?

Lincoln broke the law and literally was The traitor because he violated the law to prosecute a personal war. Lincoln took the south wanting to leave(at the time perfectly constitutional before the civil war) as a personal insult because they did not feel obligated to pay him tribute.

Lincoln got what he deserved for treason. Lincoln had no problem with slavery as long as it lined his pockets. HE was a hypocrite.

Wow. I read something that just drops my jaw every day now. Lincoln hadn't even yet been inaugurated when South Carolina seceded.

South Carolina Ordinance of Seccesion - it's pretty much entirely about the right to own other human beings as livestock.

1 percent owned slaves. the rest that didnt didnt care. To th erest of them it was about FAIR TAXES and not being Nickel and dimed to death by the government.

Also That what you read is obviously biased and slanted if it was wrote by a american who was brainwashed on the "official story"

Also you didnt reply to Lincoln breaking 11 laws to have his civil war. The whole problem was coming to a head when lincoln was coming into office but he was already beholden to the bankers and already a greedy polotician.

At the time SC was within its right to leave though. And Slavery was legal then as well So thye didnt break any laws.

LIncoln was a traitor to his position as president even before being sworn in. Lincoln never cared about slavery until the North was losing the civil war.
If Lincoln did care he would had spoke out about it at the very start.

10th Amendment to the Constitution of the United States

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Declaration of Independence 4 July 1776

That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

What is the Declaration of Independence BUT a Secession Ordinance?

The key phrase is "Consent of the governed". The South no longer CONSENTED to be governed and the reason does not matter. The South withdrew her consent and that is all it takes.
edit on 25-5-2017 by The3murph because: add

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

The "confederate" flag should be replaced with the Battle flag of the appropriate county. The flag which we generally refer to as the "confederate" flag is really the battle flag of Northern Virginia...and unless that museum is located in NoVa, that particular flag should not be flying outside...inside, yes, as part of a display of all of the appropriate battle flags.

Personally, I believe we should celebrate and honor the past...therefore we do not commit the errors or atrocities of the past again. But "the south shall rise again" is a stupid idea and it forms many threatening images in the minds and hearts of many Americans.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

That moron of a confederate president played into Lincolns hands by saying it was about slavery.

Read the Constitution of the Confederate States or the Cornerstone Speech by Alexander Stephens and you will find out that it was about slavery.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: yuppa

That moron of a confederate president played into Lincolns hands by saying it was about slavery.

Read the Constitution of the Confederate States or the Cornerstone Speech by Alexander Stephens and you will find out that it was about slavery.

TO HIM and the ELITE In the southern aristocracy it was about slavery BUt had other issues too Buster. I did state that the elite few said it was about slavery.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join