It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The great American eclipse- Aug. 21 ATS viewing parties?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
Though as a central spot in the NW would be Idaho or Oregon wonder how far it can be seen nicely outside of the direct path? I do hope to make it further south to see it, if not already busy at the time(lots going on around that time).

originally posted by: madmac5150
My wife, an Idaho native, suggested Idaho Falls. ID Falls is also a fairly close to Utah and W. Montana on the I-15 corridor.... dunno yet... nice to have options, though

ID Falls is what I'd suggest too, figure there's going to be a lot of activity around there.

Yeah, I'm trending towards Idaho Falls. Totality starts near 1145 in the A.M... and the bars will open soon after

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DragonsDemesne
I'm not going (from Edmonton up in Canada) but my coworker is going with his family. If I remember by then, I'll see if he can share any pictures and such for ATS.

You do realize that we let Canadians cross the border. Free of charge.

The worst thing you hosers ever did to us, was to make us hockey fans...

...and Red Green fans...

...we're totally cool with it...

edit on 24-5-2017 by madmac5150 because: Take off eh

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Mountain Home has a nice observatory I would recommend .

a reply to: madmac5150

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I'm just outside the viewing zone in Missouri. I have 5 siblings that live in the direct path in Missouri and Illinois.
Hmmm...i wonder which one will have the best view? Sounds like a good time to visit

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: abago71

a reply to: Teikiatsu

We're in South KC!

The eclipse should be passing right over KC.. With us, Teikiatsu and abago71 that's 3 groups - could be fun!

Is it better viewed to the North or South of KC?

If North, there's plenty of cool places in Zona Rosa - if South there's lots of good spots around OP and Leawood.

Sounds fun!

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

I'm driving with my girl from MI to KY to watch it.
We booked a hotel almost a year ago. There is a state park nearby where I think we will end up.

Might even pop the question directly after the eclipse..

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I was going to just step outside since I live in the totality region here in SC.

But, my oldest daughter decided to get married that day, heh. She lives in Atichson, Kansas, smack in the middle of the totality path, so I'll be driving 15 hours to be at her wedding, then we'll watch the eclipse later.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I live near Hopkinsville, KY. We'll be in the direct path and have a full 2:40 of Totality.

There is a population of approx. 35000, and they are expecting 100000+ to be coming to the area. There are quite a few farmers leasing land for camping so i'm told.

Here is a link to the biggest event near where i'm at.
SOLQuest2017

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I may just DVR it.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I may just DVR it.

The book was better.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Sweet

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I think I am gonna camp out on on US 95. They are expecting 500,000 out of towners for this event, (N. Idaho and W. Montana) and most will be on the I-15 corridor.

Too many people. Not my scene...

Should any of you to decide to view the eclipse in that area, hit me up by PM... we'll find a bar, and the first round is on me

top topics

<< 1   >>

join