It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HR 2414: The SWAMP Act of 2017

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

You liberals, lol. So upset all the time... I understand why.

I'm not a liberal. If you paid attention, you would know that by now.

Take heart - I am sure Trump is having great fun on his trips. I am sure you want your President to enjoy himself.

Sure do. Let them have fun. What I don't like, is him profiting off of us while having fun.

Can you address that, or are you going to continue to be a douche?

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

You liberals, lol. So upset all the time... I understand why.

I'm not a liberal. If you paid attention, you would know that by now.

Take heart - I am sure Trump is having great fun on his trips. I am sure you want your President to enjoy himself.

Sure do. Let them have fun. What I don't like, is him profiting off of us while having fun.

Can you address that, or are you going to continue to be a douche?

You have no evidence that he is profiting - if you do you should present it to the relevant authorities as there are rules against that.

p.s. liberalism is a state of mind. Yours.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

You have no evidence that he is profiting - if you do you should present it to the relevant authorities as there are rules against that.

Do you deny that money is flowing from government coffers to his properties, such as Mar-a-lago, when he spends time there?

p.s. you're talking out of your ass.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Do you deny that money is flowing from government coffers to his properties, such as Mar-a-lago, when he spends time there?

p.s. you're talking out of your ass.

I don't know? Is he even charging?
If he is, is there any evidence you have that he is profiting personally?

If he is in violation of any rules, which exist today, then apply those rules. If not, it is nonsense to try and create new laws aimed at one person.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I don't know? Is he even charging? If he is, is there any evidence you have that he is profiting personally?

Yes, he is.

"It's just another example of his consistent efforts to exploit public office for private gain," ethics expert Steve Schooner told NBC News. "He's using his official office and the fact that people have to travel with him, meet him, and follow him to promote his commercial enterprise, in this case his privately owned club." "I can't think of anything like this that we've seen at anytime in the modern era," the George Washington Law School professor told NBC News. The Mar-a-Lago property is still owned by Trump, who placed his holdings in a trust overseen by his eldest son, Donald Trump Jr., and Trump Organization CFO Allen Weisselberg before assuming office, prompting Schooner to lament that the president "should have divested from his properties to begin with."

www.nbcnews.com...

Do you think Mar-a-lago is eating the costs of having to welcome the guests Trump brings to the property, like foreign dignitaries? Do you think they and their staff eat for free?

Who's paying for all of that?

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMasonwow . and all the times that big eared barry went to play golf and stay at upscale hotels and resorts but trump goes to a place that is his you all make a big deal about it the man is taking no pay. bush jr. used to take trips to his dude ranch out in texas and you all didn't say bo peep about it. you all do know they pretty much stopped using camp david during the time of obama citing that it was to unsecure so whats wrong with president going to one of his other residences . it cost less for him to go to florida than it does for trump tower which is in middle of busiest city in america.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Where is your evidence that he is actually making a profit from it?

What if he is removing all markup cost, and is selling everything "at cost" for the Secret Service and other special guests?

I won't hold my breath waiting for your evidence.
edit on 26-5-2017 by anonfamily because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   

If im putting myself in trumps shoes....

Im going to a place i know, am familiar with, feel comfortable with, and i know is secure.

Prob has own security he trusts n knows where the fire escapes are. Brilliant.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

You obviously didn't read the entire thread, or you would have noticed me understanding that Presidents need and deserve vacation time as much as the next guy.

This is about the amount of tax payer money that POTUS is spending vacationing to his own resorts, essentially subsidizing his own businesses with tax payer funds.

Keep trying, though. You die hard Trumpers make me laugh.
edit on 26-5-2017 by AnonyMason because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-5-2017 by AnonyMason because: spelling. need coffee

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

isnt the deficit down? mor bs from shills

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Who cares if Trump spends 100 billion on his personal trip in the first year?

I think I can speak for the righteous majority of conservatives here on ATS when I say we don't care, just so long as its not a black muslim spending our tax dollars!

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
Who cares if Trump spends 100 billion on his personal trip in the first year?

I think I can speak for the righteous majority of conservatives here on ATS when I say we don't care, just so long as its not a black muslim spending our tax dollars!

...as well as for the righteous minority of liberals here on ATS that only care if it's not a black muslim spending their tax dollars.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Except we're not bitching that Trump's spending the money, only that hypocrites like yourself feel that its OK when Trump does it, but screamed till you were blue in the face when Obama did it (at 1/200th the amount).

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

Except we're not bitching that Trump's spending the money, only that hypocrites like yourself feel that its OK when Trump does it, but screamed till you were blue in the face when Obama did it (at 1/200th the amount).

Don't recall you complaining about Obama... what does that make you?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Lol, nice attempt at cleverness. It makes me a person with a reasonably defensible argument. You should try it some time.

I guess I'll have to re-iterate this again, very slowly and with simple language.

I'm not complaining about Trump spending the money, I'm complaining that Hypocrites were up in arms over Obama spending money on trips, but when Trump does the same and more, its ok.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Of course it's not ok - why does it have to be Trump's venue? Ethical concerns aplenty here.. no company that is trying to adhere to Federal law would do this sort of thing, for obvious reasons.

But you are wasting your breath.. the current crop of Trump supporters are already so invested in their candidate, they will utterly ignore anything negative. Apparently, Trump has done no wrong, and is currently the best President to serve in the history of the U.S.! Which is laughably ridiculous, but that is the pedestal that his sheep have placed him upon.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join