It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HR 2414: The SWAMP Act of 2017

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: mOjOm

He gave his worthless opinion and I gave my worthless opinion about his opinion.

Fixed it for ya.

Great. You're finally catching on. How proud I am that you're finally learning something here. Now run and play with your friends and try and remember what you've learned today.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I say it needs to stop. There is zero reason to be a further burden on the tax payers.

Despite our past engagements with one another it really does make me smile when we find something to agree upon.

I also agree that part of this is not new. I understand that POTUS needs and in many cases deserves some r&r time. Everyone does, why not the man with arguably the most stressful job in the country.

My issue comes in because those tax dollars are being put into the expenses accrued at Trump's places of business. That's just not right. He may be forgoing a paycheck for his work as president, but he shouldn't be allowed to put a single cent of tax payer money into the expenses of vacationing at his own resort(s).
edit on 24-5-2017 by AnonyMason because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: thesaneone

Dude, you replied to me so I replied back.

I can see you don't have any response to my post either. Sux to be you and be proven wrong. Deal with it. But don't get mad at me for something you did. It's not my fault.

Uh,what???

link   

a reply to: UKTruth

Oh well look at that. You're telling me now that I can't do anything about it so why bother trying.

Funny, because you can't do anything about it either, nor does it effect you at all and yet here you are talking about.

Maybe it's you who shouldn't bother. I'm pretty I made this point already. But thanx for being a giant hypocrite right now in making that point public. It will help others know just what a liar you are about everything you say and your intent.

Dude, stop crying, lol.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Dude, you replied to me so I replied back.

I can see you don't have any response to my post either. Sux to be you and be proven wrong. Deal with it. But don't get mad at me for something you did. It's not my fault.

Uh,what???

I think his child has got access to his account. That is the only explanation at this point.
edit on 24/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

The only thing I learned is you are a crusty bitter person, must be a Cali thing.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason
a reply to: JinMI

I say it needs to stop. There is zero reason to be a further burden on the tax payers.

Despite our past engagements with one another it really does make me smile when we find something to agree upon.

I also agree that part of this is not new. I understand that POTUS needs and in many cases deserves some r&r time. Everyone does, why not the man with arguable the most stressful job in the country.

My issue comes in because those tax dollars are being put into the expenses accrued at Trump's places of business. That's just not right. He may be forgoing a paycheck for his work as president, but he shouldn't be allowed to put a single cent of tax payer money into the expenses of vacationing at his own resort(s).

The Whitehouse has a budget for vacations... are you saying it should be taken away because it's Trump? Or just because he is going to his own resort? What is the issue with going to his own resort?

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I don't. But he's never given me any reason to think he is either. If he doesn't include that information why should I assume otherwise.

I said earlier if he's got some link that changes what I'm saying, fine, let's hear it. Until then, I'm not responsible for inventing things for him and claiming them to be true am I. No. It's his responsibility to support his own side. If he doesn't than that is his problem.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

It's no big deal, I just find it amusing that liberals spend time writing a bill called SWAMP.. it's like a childish hissy fit and a cry for attention.

It's more than that. Whether or not the bill actually gets passed is yet to be seen. My guess is that it will not, unless someone in the GOP besides McCain grows a spine enough to stand up to the troll who hijacked the party.

Ted Lieu has created a paper trail. It's now documented forever in the House that at least one attempt was made to thwart Donald Trumps tax payer subsidies being banked by his own businesses. That in and of itself is reason enough to champion HR 2414 as a success.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: introvert

The irony in that statement is thick.

Calling Obama wasteful while rejecting a bill that addresses the spending of taxpayers money at the personal gain of the president himself, based on his tshirt and twitter feed.

Let's hope this one is pushed through. Otherwise we may spend a lot for Mar-a-Lago TP.

We both know the bill is going nowhere... but it's been fun.

It probably wont go anywhere. I agree. Republicans are no different than Democrats when it comes to fiscal responsibility. They talk a good game, but don't know how to play it.

Trumps travel costs are a tiny drop in the ocean of Obama's wasted tax payer money. Probably best to focus on the big picture and resist the temptation to let your partisanship rule your head.

I'm not concerned with partisanship. I want politicians to not be in a position to use their power to personally-profit from their power/position. That applies to Obama, Trump, etc.

You don't give a #.

You're worried about tshirts and twitter feeds, and have proven to be a partisan hack.

Let me know when you want to talk about adult things. It appears as of now that you are more interested in playing partisan douchery.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

The only thing I learned is you are a crusty bitter person, must be a Cali thing.

Ya. That's what happens to someone when they deal with the mountains of BS that people like you and UK dish out all day.

Having to correct the amount of lies you people push is actual work and is tiring and might even rot away at ones soul realizing how awful people actually are to do such things.

But it's for the greater good. Because if nobody tried to correct all your BS we'd be up to our eyeballs in sh*t. So I'll do my part to keep the sh*t at a minimum. Such is life. So it makes me into a bitter person, what do you care???

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

The irony in that statement is thick.

Calling Obama wasteful while rejecting a bill that addresses the spending of taxpayers money at the personal gain of the president himself, based on his tshirt and twitter feed.

Let's hope this one is pushed through. Otherwise we may spend a lot for Mar-a-Lago TP.

We both know the bill is going nowhere... but it's been fun.

It probably wont go anywhere. I agree. Republicans are no different than Democrats when it comes to fiscal responsibility. They talk a good game, but don't know how to play it.

Trumps travel costs are a tiny drop in the ocean of Obama's wasted tax payer money. Probably best to focus on the big picture and resist the temptation to let your partisanship rule your head.

I'm not concerned with partisanship. I want politicians to not be in a position to use their power to personally-profit from their power/position. That applies to Obama, Trump, etc.

You don't give a #.

You're worried about tshirts and twitter feeds, and have proven to be a partisan hack.

Let me know when you want to talk about adult things. It appears as of now that you are more interested in playing partisan douchery.

You liberals, lol. So upset all the time... I understand why.
Take heart - I am sure Trump is having great fun on his trips. I am sure you want your President to enjoy himself.
edit on 24/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

Also, there are many people that posted before me that are showing the blatant partisan crap that I point out all the time. We are in this together people!

Agreed.

As much as i despise Donald Trump it's never about Republican or Democrat. Libtard or Trumpet...

It's about us versus them. The working class common people of the country (and world) against the controlling elite. They are more than happy to see us fight amongst ourselves while they pocket truck loads of money and send our brothers and sisters off to fight wars that bare no national interest in a fight aside from earning more money for them.

It's us vs them. Unfortunately there's either a lot of willing and ignorant shills for Trump, a lot of paid shills for Trump, or a lot of poorly educated people who would rather tow the Donald Trump fascist line through the sand rather than use the brain between their ears and think about what is actually best for the country.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Burn em all at the stake.

We're on the exact same page.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

The Whitehouse has a budget for vacations... are you saying it should be taken away because it's Trump? Or just because he is going to his own resort? What is the issue with going to his own resort?

I'm saying it should be strictly monitored, and when the President chooses to vacation to places he owns tax payers should not foot the bill.

The math is clear. Obama spent 91 million over 8 years for vacation and personal travel with his family. If that is the bench mark Trump supporters would normally use then I will use it as well.

The problem is that at the current pace Trump will surpass the 91 million dollar mark in about 11 months of office if he keeps doing what he has been doing.

EDTA: Let me make it simple. Tax payer money paying for him to go to his own resort means trump is putting money into his business accounts on the back of the tax payer... I'm not sure how that point wasn't clear from the get go.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Trumps a business man, spending is good for business, especially if its others peoples money (taxpayers).

What people were thinking to vote a business tycoon into office...

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

Tiny shrunken hands but a Huuuuge carbon footprint!

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Most of those expenses are for the Secret Service. Last I checked, Trump didn't create the United States Secret Service federal law enforcement branch, nor did he write the laws and guidelines that ordered them to protect the President. So I fail to see how this is his fault.

If anything, it is excessive spending of the USSS, and not Trump. Trump is not putting money into his business, the USSS is putting money into Trump's business.

As far as I know, we can't lock our Presidents in a box and expect them to retain their sanity, they need to go out on weekends and take vacations.

As for Obama's madness, who cares. What is this topic about anyway? Since the right complained about Obama's spending, you think it's mature for the left to complain about Trump? You all are a bunch of babies.

The president needs protection, period. This entire topic is crap.
edit on 24-5-2017 by anonfamily because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

What?
It is strictly monitored.
Do you think if he traveled to a different Florida resort that would be ok? Or do you think he should have a mile limit from the Whitehouse after which he pays himself?

Can you confirm that the room fees and food etc is being charged even at mar a Lago?

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: anonfamily

Sure is... and the thread represents well the prissy little butthurt congressman that wrote the bill. Funny how he can waste tax payer money on his wages by spending his time on this crap without any questions.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join