It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HR 2414: The SWAMP Act of 2017

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: UKTruth

Well that's why your opinion is worthless to anyone but you too.

That's just how it is. Sorry if you don't like it.

My opinions about UK government are equally just as worthless to you too. But I can accept that. I don't need to troll topics about what's happening in the UK and pretend like what I say matters. Why you do it is anyone's guess....

The gatekeeper award goes to you dude.

Shaking My Frickin Head!

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: introvert

You can be interested all you like, but I think we both know the real motivations of this bill, and they are not noble ones.

The motivations mean nothing. The content of the bill are what matters.

Do you agree with the premise that a president, or any other government employee for that matter, should not be able to use their access to government resources for personal gain?

Here is the Congressman who introduced the bill. I will let the picture speak for itself, but suffice to say he is a troll, a pretty good one it has to be said.

Ok. You think he's a troll.

How does that picture affect the validity or premise of the bill in question?

I'm not a teenager. I'm able to get past the shallowness in order to discuss the meat of the issue.

If you're stuck on "looks", I want nothing to do with that.

It's not his looks, it's his t-shirt. Have a look at his twitter page. He's just an anti-Trumper and that is driving his world.
His bill is not going anywhere.

"but look at his shirt and his twitter". Ya, it's about the looks.

I get it. You're diving head first in to the shallow end instead of discussing the content of the bill.

You still have yet to comment on the very basic premise of the bill. Which is not allowing the President to use his position and government resources for personal gain.

I think that is worth discussion. You are more concerned about the shirt some guy is wearing while he pets his damn dog and what he posts on twitter.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

For most people they talk about the topics which actually effect them. Or that they are effected by. I'm not saying they have to effect you to talk about them, but if they don't, then your opinion doesn't carry much weight do they???

If something is happening with laws in some other country does it really matter what my opinion is when they don't effect me???

Especially when all I really have to say is some BS partisan crap in order to attack one side or the other because of my own bias???

Because that's all he's doing. I'm saying his opinion is sh*t. If you like it, fine. I'm saying it's sh*t and it's worthless. I'm not stopping you from liking it though. If you agree with him then agree. But I don't and I'm giving my opinion about his.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Yeah, don't forget it's only the"bad half" causing the problems people.

...Well 1/3rd, or shall we throw in the far ends too, the 1/5th

LMAO

Come the F on people stop doing division in your heads.

Which tattoo did y'all get?

FL,L,C,R,FR or indie?

Lame sheep will baaaaaaaaaahahhhhaaaaaaa into their designed chutes for a shearing laughing at the others, while they both pop out the other side fleeced.

link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

What do you care what I say???

link   

You can be interested all you like, but I think we both know the real motivations of this bill, and they are not noble ones.

The motivations mean nothing. The content of the bill are what matters.

Do you agree with the premise that a president, or any other government employee for that matter, should not be able to use their access to government resources for personal gain?

Here is the Congressman who introduced the bill. I will let the picture speak for itself, but suffice to say he is a troll, a pretty good one it has to be said.

Ok. You think he's a troll.

How does that picture affect the validity or premise of the bill in question?

I'm not a teenager. I'm able to get past the shallowness in order to discuss the meat of the issue.

If you're stuck on "looks", I want nothing to do with that.

It's not his looks, it's his t-shirt. Have a look at his twitter page. He's just an anti-Trumper and that is driving his world.
His bill is not going anywhere.

"but look at his shirt and his twitter". Ya, it's about the looks.

I get it. You're diving head first in to the shallow end instead of discussing the content of the bill.

You still have yet to comment on the very basic premise of the bill. Which is not allowing the President to use his position and government resources for personal gain.

I think that is worth discussion. You are more concerned about the shirt some guy is wearing while he pets his damn dog and what he posts on twitter.

No I am interested in his motivation, which I think is important. He's a consumed anti-Trumper letting his infatuation get in the way of his job. His t-shirt says Trump-Putin 2016, lol. How can you take him seriously?

As for the bill, America has survived just fine and if Trump breaks the law on pay for play then there is a process already in place. When you have a partisan Congressman trying to make laws to catch out an individual that is a problem and it should be seen for what it is. Laws should not target individuals. This is waste of everyone's time. If it did ever land on Trump's desk, which is impossible, I am sure he would actually wipe his ass with it.
edit on 24/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

It's less about caring and more about amusement. You are very good for a laugh.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

With every response I care less but I learn more.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

What's amusing is you know everything I've said is correct and there isn't anything you can do about it.

Yet you and your boyfriend continue to attack me rather than deny anything I've said.

That's why I don't care what you think and I give what you say more credibility than what your b/f says.

So keep hating on me all you want. It doesn't change anything I've said or the truth of what I'm saying.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

What's amusing is you know everything I've said is correct and there isn't anything you can do about it.

Yet you and your boyfriend continue to attack me rather than deny anything I've said.

That's why I don't care what you think and I give what you say more credibility than what your b/f says.

So keep hating on me all you want. It doesn't change anything I've said or the truth of what I'm saying.

I don't hate you, I just find you funny... in a court jester kind of way.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

No I am interested in his motivation, which I think is important. He's a consumed anti-Trumper letting his infatuation get in the way of his job. His t-shirt says Trump-Putin 2016, lol. How can you take him seriously?

If his bill has merit or brings up a valid point, how is that getting in the way of his job?

Again, you focus on something so childish as his shirt and then dismiss the bill because of it.

We're not teenagers. Perhaps we should try not to create arguments as if we were and then expect grown adults to take it seriously.

As for the bill, America has survived just fine and if Trump breaks the law on pay for play then there is a process already in place. When you have a partisan Congressman trying to make laws to catch out an individual that is a problem and it should be seen for what it is. Laws should not target individuals.

Can you state which laws are in place that address this specific issue?

This is waste of everyone's time.

Not as much as pics of some dude's tshirt or twitter feeds.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

If his bill has merit or brings up a valid point, how is that getting in the way of his job?

Again, you focus on something so childish as his shirt and then dismiss the bill because of it.

We're not teenagers. Perhaps we should try not to create arguments as if we were and then expect grown adults to take it seriously.

As for the bill, America has survived just fine and if Trump breaks the law on pay for play then there is a process already in place. When you have a partisan Congressman trying to make laws to catch out an individual that is a problem and it should be seen for what it is. Laws should not target individuals.

Nah, consumed partisans who are supposed to represent all their constituents who post silly troll pictures on the internet reap what they sew. He isn't going to be taken seriously. That is just the reality. What is in the bill actually doesn't matter because a non serious person has presented it. That is just life.

edit on 24/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Nah, consumed partisans who are supposed to represent all their constituents who post silly troll pictures on the internet reap what they sew. He isn't going to be taken seriously. That is just the reality. What is in the bill actually doesn't matter because a non serious person has presented it. That is just life.

Fair enough. I now have a better perspective of how you think. In fact, I have learned something.

We can no longer take you seriously, because you have proven to be a consumed partisan that posts silly tshirt pictures on the internet.

Doesn't matter what you say, because it has been presented by a non-serious person.

Such is life.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

This is a key point. The liberal media and liberals in general were desperate for Trump's businesses to fail. Now that they realise his businesses are just fine they are angry about it and are trying to blame his family's success on the fact he is President. It doesn't wash unfortunately... they can;t make it stick because Trump was so successful before he ever ran. Liberals hate his success. They hate that he just keeps winning at everything he does.

Don't be an idiot, his business's isn't so fine, he owes close to two billion, his unpartnered debt is near half that, and he is creaming it off the American government big time with American people's money, he is a fecking crook, just as the people of Aberdeen found out to their cost, in good will as well as financial, as did their ruling party...6000 jobs that turned out to be around 150, and most of them part-timers. Go and have a read about that, and please don't try to feed me more bunkum about American liberals wanting his business's to fail since many already had, and the banks he owed wanted to kick him out of Trump House..go and have a look there too, and it's all true. Sheesh!
edit on 24-5-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

This is a key point. The liberal media and liberals in general were desperate for Trump's businesses to fail. Now that they realise his businesses are just fine they are angry about it and are trying to blame his family's success on the fact he is President. It doesn't wash unfortunately... they can;t make it stick because Trump was so successful before he ever ran. Liberals hate his success. They hate that he just keeps winning at everything he does.

Don't be an idiot, his business's isn't so fine, he owes close to two billion, his unpartnered debt is near half that, and he is creaming it off the American government big time with American people's money, he is a fecking crook, just as the people of Aberdeen found out to their cost, in good will as well as financial, as did their ruling party...6000 jobs that turned out to be around 150, and most of them part-timers. Go and have a read about that, and please don't try to feed me more bunkum about American liberals wanting his business's to fail since many already had, and the banks he owed wanted to kick him out of Trump House..go and have a look there too, and it's all true. Sheesh!

You made my point.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Fair enough. I now have a better perspective of how you think. In fact, I have learned something.

We can no longer take you seriously, because you have proven to be a consumed partisan that posts silly tshirt pictures on the internet.

Doesn't matter what you say, because it has been presented by a non-serious person.

Such is life.

I don't represent constituents in public service

Hopefully you have learned that no one is going to take the bill seriously apart from upset liberals and it's waste of time. That would certainly be the most productive thing for you to have learned.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Should have been in the rant forum. You lost me in the first sentence. Have a good day.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

And yet you are no less of a "consumed partisan". How does that make you any better? Not only can we not take you seriously, you're now a proven hypocrite.

Is there a tshirt for that? How about a twitter thread?

Hopefully you have learned that no one is going to take the bill seriously apart from upset liberals and it's waste of time. That would certainly be the most productive thing for you to have learned.

I've learned so much more in this conversation. I thank you for that.
edit on 24-5-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
i say the american taxpayer is getting hosed and it is very clear.
apparently most dont seem to mind...

you will see what i mean here very soon with the replies that come.

Yep... hosed for sure. The prior President (Obama) dug America deeper in the hole by a STAGGERING 86%!
Source: www.businessinsider.com...

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

And yet you are no less of a "consumed partisan". How does that make you any better? Not only can we not take you seriously, you're now a proven hypocrite.

Is there a tshirt for that? How about a twitter thread?

I've learned so much more in this conversation. I thank you for that.

OK, i'll leave you to cogitate over the toilet paper bill.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join