It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forensic Evidence from Manchester Bombing leaked to the New York Times

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

Reined in? You mean you think the media needs to be further SENSORED?

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: templar knight

This story just gets worse.

www.telegraph.co.uk...< br />
Apparently we missed five opportunities to spot the bomber, including a hot line call from a local Immam flagging this bomber-boys' extremist views.

I guess there's an argument to suggest this 'leak' was deliberate, to make the UK look better, and more professional, than it was in this case.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
You really have to ask why leak it.... very suspicious

Money first...influence and reputation comes later.

Mg

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
(posted in wrong thread, apologies)

edit on C17552943 by Cygnis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

How is it an America media outlet gets all this info BEFORE our own media ?

The same happened with leaking the bombers name which probably had some affect on the effectiveness of the services doing their investigations into further cell members.

The hell is going on ? Who's leaking this information, it's clearly someone on the US side of things

Exaclty right.

Defence Advisory notices have been put in place to stop key details like the name and these pictures being published and giving accomplices a chance to escape or destroy vital evidence - US intel and media broke this and comprimised our security for a quick buck. Hopefully some serious charges are made against the NYT and US intel for aiding and abetting terrorists.

originally posted by: crazyewok

But then the way the whole thing after has been bumbled and fuffed? Maybe the UK government is that incompetent?

Pretty much, due to austerity the UK Border Force Agency staff has been cut by 50% sine 2010, SIS can only monitor 50 suspects at a time and Man MET budget cuts have meant experienced police haave been replaced with ex-KFC managers to manage the police force as they have manager in the title and are far cheaper to employ than experienced police.
edit on 24-5-2017 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I saw this headline and immediately thought-

What if these photos are a plot to either create a narrative for the media, or to get ahead of the game so to speak and thwart a media attempt at misinformation?

Like if the videos of ole' Gene Rosen practicing his lines on youtube came out before the whole sandy hook thing took place?

The NYT could probably easily be fooled with fake evidence or the real thing (before they were given the gov. authorized pics) seeing as how getting the inside scoop on a huge story will generate more profits. (despite being factual or real at all)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

NYT has deep deep pockets. Carlos Slim is the top shareholder, I think. He's not even an American. I think he is Lebonese-Mexican. He probably has no loyalties to America or any other country and couldn't care less about national security....just get the story first. He probably has his own agenda.

$$$$$$$ is able to buy information. Information is the new "gold".

IMO, the NYT is a failing rag.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Doxanoxa

And people say the Muslim community do nothing.

Here we have one of the preachers reporting the guy for being extreme, yet our own government ignores it.

I think a lot of the hate towards Muslims is misdirected and it should be directed to those who have the power to do something but do nothing.

Who knows maybe it's intentional from our own governments to cause such hatred towards Muslims ? It's working if it is, but I don't see what the benefit can be from it all

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Since this is a conspiracy site and all, I believe this was a US backed OP to garner support for the invasion of Iran.

There I said it.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
The person who leaked this info to the times about an ongoing investigation should be fired. I don't care who it was, this was England's investigation and that information was classified until the officials there said it was all right to release.

How many of the terrorist group benefited by their ability to see what was going on.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
Another thought... the press is completely out of hand too. Why would they even print it? It's kind of like trying to solve the illegal drug trade. Do you go after the dealers or the users (leaker vs. printer)?

Yep, the media are out of control. Agendas and clicks are their gods.
Editors and owners need to be brought to task.
edit on 24/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Is the NYT even an American newspaper anymore?

Maybe they have an agenda that is not in the best interest of our democracy or even Britain's.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

I have to wonder if it isn't more a matter of they (USA intelligence agencies) writing the story word for word, and since they designed the event they know everything there is to know already. Scary, but it sure seems to be coming to that.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: rickymouse

Is the NYT even an American newspaper anymore?

Maybe they have an agenda that is not in the best interest of our democracy or even Britain's.

Many of the MSM seem to be under an influence that is not for the good of the people now. They have chosen to side with a small group of disruptive individuals.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar

Tell me how this first move was a danger to the UK or somehow diabolical? Keep the focus on Terrorism and not use red herrings to distract from the truth.

Three good reasons without breaking a sweat.

(i) Evidence (in general, so including but not specifically referring to the pictures) goes through a review before submitted in a criminal case. This is to ensure that the jury is only provided with the evidence that is suitable to be disclosed, in line with the principle that evidence must be probative, not just prejudicial. Releasing evidence in advance risks tainting future jury pools by providing them with evidence that should not actually be disclosed, and may even deny them their right to cross-examine on the evidence. This is more of a "general principle" than "actual risk" and there may not be a specific risk in this instance, but it's a sound principle grounded in legal theory and good practice.

(ii) The people involved in building the bomb may have assumed that the components were completely destroyed, preventing any links back to them. Now they know that some substantial parts exist, some of which may well contain serial numbers that can be traced back to a point of purchase. That may cause them to change plans or take steps to destroy evidence that they thought was "safe".

(iii) The police aren't going to be the only ones analysing these photos to assess the effectiveness of the bomb. The NYT has now given the bomb maker some great feedback that he might be able to use to improve the next bomb he makes - which he may very well be making as we speak.

Your caveat about "red herrings" tells me, however, that you don't actually care about the reasons and will dismiss these points as distraction from "DA TROOF!" - the definition of which will be whatever fixed and rigid viewpoint you have chosen to adopt, and that you will defend against all logic and evidence.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I think it's becoming obvious there is major leaks in the FBI.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Time for the NYT to be investigated. But, by whom? FBI? hahaha.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: othersideofthecoin Who's leaking this information, it's clearly someone on the US side of things

All you have to do is ask yourself....who benefits? There are leaks in the U.S. Govt to be sure. What their agenda is, might surprise some I think.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I think half the problem is that media/newspapers are so keen to be the first people to report evidence or to get a story out. It's all about viewers/readers and how much money they can make out of a breaking story

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Let´s see, we have an attacker that, for sure, "was known" to the former US "anti-terror" forces before his attack. How could it else be...?

Then we have, not for the first time, "prophesying", fortune telling news reports of (former US, Now Divided States) US news agencies. Divination at it´s best?

Another "coincidence", same as the refugee situation(resulting from former US geoplitics, former US geostrategic manoeuvres, former US regime changes, former US proxy wars, former US greed for oil), most of the terror attacks in the west happen in Europe, and not in the land that started a war against all muslims with 9/11(and now is wondering if they strike back...), that started the transforming of the "free" west into a 1984ish world with 9/11. It seems like the puppetmasters from the overseas don´t want to hit own soil to make clear that muslim terrorism is everywhere, at any time, and that we all need to be "protected" by mass surveillance. Isn´t it practical for the former US that almost only the other west is hit, the European west?

If there was a leak on former US side, as it seems, maybe the leaker can´t stand the dirty tricks of the "Europeans best friend" from the overseas anymore, and wanted to show us how the gane is played, so that maybe some more people start to think for their own. So that maybe some more people don´t take countless "coincidences" as coincidences anymore, with questioning the whole terror story.

If one is not blind and too dumb, he can see that the whole terror thing(left-, right-, muslim-, NATO-Gladio or whatever terror) is created, funded, guided, controlled by western secret services, under the rule of former US three letter agencies, for former US profits. I don´t know if the european western governments think that they are on the good, the right side, and not the axis of evil, cooperating with such elements, against their own people(mass surveillance and handing out everything voluntary to the former US three letter agencies). Is it that good to be used for former US interests, instead of leaving the cowboys that gone wild alone? Is it that good for the european economy, industry, high ranking politicians/officials, military to be spied on by foreign three letter agencies? Do "best friends" behave like that?

Isn´t it obvious that these "best friends" are the masterminds of all that terror stuff???
Still not???
How many more coincidences does it need to wake up more people???

Europe should look for new best friends, which maybe then really become our friends, and don´t use and fool us the whole time. And then, i am pretty sure, if the influence of the former US three letter agencies in europe shrinks, the number of terror with attackers that were known to the western secret services would decrease, would have an end, in Europe!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join