It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What’s the Masonic view on Demons…?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
i was under the impression that freemasons were more or less a fraternity dedicated to the preservation and promotion of community and human welfare. but you guys are making it sound more and more like an alternative church.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

Originally posted noonebutme
No, because we are not a religious order, nor do we adhere to a religious following.

Also, because exorcisms are also, fictitious.

At least that's how my lodge perceives them.

So you're just speaking from your lodges perspective and not for the whole of Masonry…right…?

- JC

edit on 24-5-2017 by Joecroft because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I think it would depend on the faith/beliefs of the individual mason.

They do not all subscribe to the same beliefs.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecroft
So your just speaking from your lodges perspective and not for the whole of Masonry…right…?

As was stated earlier there is no official Masonic opinion on this topic and pretty much everything else for that matter.

If someone wants to believe in demons that is their prerogative.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted AugustusMasonicus
As was stated earlier there is no official Masonic opinion on this topic and pretty much everything else for that matter.

But Masons must have ideas and thoughts...right…?...and texts from which to draw some conclusions from etc…

This is what I’m curious about though…what if a Mason is faced with a Demonic haunting…what happens then…?

How would they handle such a situation from a Masonic world view perspective…?

- JC

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

But Masons must have ideas and thoughts...right…?...and texts from which to draw some conclusions from etc…

We draw our conclusions from the same places everyone else does.

This is what I’m curious about though…what if a Mason is faced with a Demonic haunting…what happens then…?

Their is no 'Masonic worldview' on this topic. If someone felt they had a demon issue I suppose they would have to find another avenue to handle it since Masonry does not, despite the glorious rumors to the contrary, deal with demonology.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft

And additionally, do Masons perform exorcisms for demonic possession just like the Catholic Church’s do, or do they treat it in a completely different manner…?

you could summon Augustusmasonimouse

edit on 24-5-2017 by kibric because: boo

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
My grandfather was a Freemason and had demonic haunting. In fact the mansion my dad was raised in was very active with wicked spirits.

In a certain space in the attic there was a dummy that would change its own clothes and move by itself.

My grandfather was a 32nd degree Freemason, a wizard, and practiced other occult rituals.

He was invited to Scotland for his 33rd degree but on arrival he repudiated it and left it.

On his deathbed he told me that he believed Jehovah was the true God.

I believe most masons are as lost as anyone else though. Although I know there are certain ones who have no doubt demons exist, and communicate with them.

And some may even be tied to demons or even possessed without real knowledge of the fact.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: kibric

And additionally, do Masons perform exorcisms for demonic possession just like the Catholic Church’s do, or do they treat it in a completely different manner…?

you could summon Augustusmasonimouse

LOL

Who The H** is THAT lol

- JC

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Tinystarlight

You are so full of **** it's not even funny. You don't get invited to Scotland to get your 33rd, you receive this at the annual meeting of the respective Scottish Rite jurisdiction (Northern or Southern) in the United States city they happen to be holding their convention in.

Another born again bulls******.

edit on 24-5-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Who The H** is THAT lol

Wolfenstein Hitler Boss = Augustusmasonimouse

edit on 24-5-2017 by kibric because: boo

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Nope. You slander me. I didn't lie.

Perhaps this was something you are not aware of. Not making it up though.

Shame on you.

He also had the sign of the zodiac and a star on the floor in that attic. And would perform witchcraft there.

There are many things I could relate about this subject.

To let you know the temple he went to had Jehovah's name above the top center in a triangle in the form of four Hebrew letters YHWH but in Hebrew.

And he had an extensive library, included in it were many books on Freemasonry for Freemasons. Several of them I read. They had to do with explaining ancient mysteries, the books of Solomon including Proverbs and Ecclesiasties and pictures of hand signs etc.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tinystarlight

You most certainly did fabricate that. Do you even know why you wouldn't get invited to Scotland to receive the 33rd Degree besides what I stated above? Because the Scottish Rite is French in origin.

If you want to tell stories at least take the time to learn about the subject you are attempting to BS about.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
edit on 24-5-2017 by Tinystarlight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

If you want to verify my story I can give you proof.

His name was Ir-Freaking-Relevant. There is a street named after him in Denver.

A street being named after someone is not proof of your made up story.

edit on 24-5-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer but at least he is not a religious nutter

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

You most certainly did fabricate that. Do you even know why you wouldn't get invited to Scotland to receive the 33rd Degree besides what I stated above? Because the Scottish Rite is French in origin.

If you want to tell stories at least take the time to learn about the subject you are attempting to BS about.

The Scottish Rite had nothing to do with Scotland, if I'm not mistaken.

The first SR members came from France, Germany and England.
edit on 24-5-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
The Scottish Rite had nothing to do with Scotland, if I'm not mistaken.

The first SR members came from France, Germany and England, if I'm not mistaken.

You are not mistaken. Unlike the poster above you who was mistaken when he thought he could come here and try to tell his BS story.

edit on 24-5-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer but at least he is not a religious nutter

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

- JC

If that Mason believed that demons exist, then he would handle it in a manner consistent with his beliefs. Masons as an order are not a religion. They all believe in a creator, but there's no religious umbrella that they gather under. My father didn't believe in demons, but we knew plenty of people who did. I'm certain of one of them had requested his assistance in dealing with something they perceived as demonic, he'd have done whatever he could to help them out, but there's no Masonic demon wrangling protocol...it's simply not a religious order at all. Did you think it was like a religious order or church affiliate type of thing maybe??

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
There should be a record of him as being a Freemason.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

There should be a record of him as being a Freemason.

No one cares if he was a Mason, what we are addressing is your BS about being invited to Scotland to receive a degree. The UGLE, which covers Scotland, would not be conferring the 33rd on an American Mason, it would occur at the annual meeting of the Scottish Rite Northern or Southern Jurisdiction. Cut the bull.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join