It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any UK members still here? General elections, brexits and bombings yet it's like a ghost town?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Maybe it's my somewhat back seat and missing stuff but it's all still trump trump trump?

Last time round it was getting so feisty I thought the entire UK would get a ban with the debate going on but with everything right now there seems to be very little discussion of anything?

Did we get trumped out? no longer care? or got better things to do?

Seems a shame but that's life I guess.

edit on 24/5/2017 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I think probably we are all just in shock...

And not being able to openly criticise this barbaric religious cult, without being potentially arrested for hate speech is keeping people silent.

Everyone is saying the same thing behind closed doors, but in public... most people are keeping silent... for now... until more people start openly criticising Islam, it's going to be this bitter silence.
edit on 24-5-2017 by 0racle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I think most of us engage in US political discussion because it's much less painful...

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Still here.
Been glued to the screen, switching between news channels and following the "Loud Bangs" thread but yeah, fair bit of bickering going on.

Having a break now watching the Phoenix Lights the movie.

Hope that's not racially insensitive to aliens.
edit on 24-5-2017 by Tulpa because: Its aliens!!!

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

There is still an ongoing discussion about Manchester happening here

I've noticed sometimes it will depend on the time of day I check ATS Live, but you are right, it seems to be abnormally quiet in terms of UK happenings.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0racle

And not being able to openly criticise this barbaric religious cult, without being potentially arrested for hate speech is keeping people silent.

Everyone is saying the same thing behind closed doors, but in public... most people are keeping silent... for now... until more people start openly criticising Islam, it's going to be this bitter silence.

If you lived in those areas where the radicals live, you aren't even allowed to put a mini union jack flag on a stand let alone have bunting around your windows for fear of "causing religious offence". So every Christian person moves out, then the numpties complain about the formation of ghettoes and non-integration.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I wish there nothing going on but the stupid antics of American politics.

I didn't think that this cowardly bombing would piss me off the way it did, but it did.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Oh right, I remember why I stopped coming here now....

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Try being a brit. The bombing just before an election with some of the worst manifestos I've ever seen. I'm literally sh1tting myself right now.

I've had the runs for several days. Probably unrelated but you never know.
edit on 24-5-2017 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-5-2017 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: 0racle

Hello .. i don't post often but thought I'd say that the British men .. that's England Ireland Scotland and the land of the gods Wales will not stand by and let our sons and daughters get raped and killed by islamic pedos and murderers ..because that's what they are .. muslims .. all the fcking time xx

edit on 52017fAmerica/ChicagopmWed, 24 May 2017 14:34:10 -050039 by nofear39 because: (no reason given)

edit on 52017fAmerica/ChicagopmWed, 24 May 2017 14:45:32 -050039 by nofear39 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

We've given up-everyone knows the problem, but we arent allowed to talk about it. I mean, last year there was a practice for an Islamic terrorist attack on the Arndale Centre in Manchester, and the Police were forced to apologise because the person playing the suicide bomber shouted 'Allahu Akhbar' and Muslims complained it was racist/islamophobia!! What was he supposed to shout 'I'm exploding myself for no specific reason'?

I've got two muslim friends who have been here 40-50 years and their parents before them, and they are frightened to speak out against the newcomers-As a white male what chance do I have of being listened to?

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

Oh right, I remember why I stopped coming here now....

Plus.
Woops.
I also get a bit fed up of a lot of the snarkiness.
I way trying to post factual/neutral stuff that was coming from the live news yet even that gets you criticised too so, yeah, I can see why it might be off putting.

edit on 24-5-2017 by Tulpa because: Derp

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: nofear39
a reply to: 0racle

Hello .. i don't post often but thought I'd say that the British men .. that's England Ireland Scotland and the land of the gods Wales will not stand by and let our sons and daughters get raped and killed by islamic pedos and murderers ..because that's what they are .. muslims .. all the fcking time xx

Why not? You have been letting your bankers, religious leaders and politicians do it for decades at least.

School teachers, scout leaders, care home workers, football coaches, uncles, family friends.....

What are you actually saying other than you are a racist here then?

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

If you lived in those areas where the radicals live, you aren't even allowed to put a mini union jack flag on a stand let alone have bunting around your windows for fear of "causing religious offence". So every Christian person moves out, then the numpties complain about the formation of ghettoes and non-integration.

Is that true?

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

The left/right polarity seems to have become far too extreme for my liking.
If those on the right say anything, they get attacked and called Fascists, Nazis and racists.
If those on the left say anything, they get attacked and called libtards, enablers etc.

If you try and keep a balanced, neutral view you get attacked by both sides and called...

Well, you can see what's happening. You end up with quiet people who darent say anything.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I have been on a bit of a break just came back last night to take a post about the attack.

ATS is now a forum for the alt-right, it's no longer really relevant I think for U.K. People interested in conspiracies

I actually took a look at some mods profiles and other members I used to follow. They have almost stopped posting.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Haha that old chestnut .. those people you mentioned usually choose the vunable and weak .. which usually means messed up kids with no family .. and the same people are connected with the media and the like .. so the general public
Doesn't hear about it or get fcked off about it ..now if these people you mention all worshiped a pedo as their god and think it's ok to blow up innocent children .. and shouted from the roof tops so we knew who the fck they are we would sort them out .. see the difference ? Xxx

edit on 52017fAmerica/ChicagopmWed, 24 May 2017 15:36:41 -050039 by nofear39 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I have been on a bit of a break just came back last night to take a post about the attack.

ATS is now a forum for the alt-right, it's no longer really relevant I think for U.K. People interested in conspiracies

I actually took a look at some mods profiles and other members I used to follow. They have almost stopped posting.

That is why I asked. I was not sure if the lack of our own forum as promised and the trump right wing MURICA thing had driven us all to other places or if I was just missing anything of note?

I see a few UK faces here but mainly in the chit chat and away

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I think its fair to say that Trump has been big,big news whether you are a fan or not. And it is harder to comment on someone else's president.

As for the Manchester incidence like many I am in shock. Interestingly when the police came onto the streets armed last time (after the London Bridge incidence), I was visiting Hull. In the centre was 2 armed officers and they were getting a larger crowd than anything else with people talking to the police and many selfies/photos being taken. Sweet really. Living in the North of England sometimes the events in London seem just too far away as to not to sink in.

So Manchester hit hard.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Well as you know we tried to get our own forum but the owners decided against it....

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join