It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Supporters Party on Maxine Waters Lawn!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

A protest for the reason of "impacted by the policies of the Trump administration" against someone speaking when you just paid over 100k for education is ignorant. Nothing gained.

Protesting on someones lawn who clearly does not have the capacity to hold office....priceless.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

You can be disgusted at whatever you want. You can't say you believe in someone's right to do something and at the same time say you are disgusted by their actions. It stands to reason that you are not really in support of their right to do that thing.

It is actually a very simple concept. Reminds me of the quote: "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".

You can't say you are defending something if you are criticizing it.

OK, let's play this little game, shall we? You're effectively saying every liberal politician who has stated that abortion disgusts them and they believe in life, while simultaneously saying that it is a woman's right to choose herself and they support that are liars. You're saying that it is impossible to believe in freedom of religion while also saying that the actions of groups like Westboro Baptist are disgusting. You're also agreeing with many on the right who have said 'Shall not be infringed" means exactly that and any politician who supports one iota of gun control CANNOT be considered a supporter of the Second Amendment.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

What is a civil right, not having people get up during a graduation?

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
OK, let's play this little game, shall we? You're effectively saying every liberal politician who has stated that abortion disgusts them and they believe in life, while simultaneously saying that it is a woman's right to choose herself and they support that are liars.

Yes.

You're saying that it is impossible to believe in freedom of religion while also saying that the actions of groups like Westboro Baptist are disgusting.

This sounds like a trick question but I will say yes.

You're also agreeing with many on the right who have said 'Shall not be infringed" means exactly that and any politician who supports one iota of gun control CANNOT be considered a supporter of the Second Amendment.

Yes.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

So?

I don't think anyone said they shouldn't protest, only that the protest was stupid.

We are still allowed to criticize, aren't we?

Monsieur Arouet ... our time may be almost up for criticism.
The sad part is what somebody elects to rule them...

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Looks like Ms. Walters needs to build a wall around her mansion.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

So me saying "good for them for practicing their right to protest" in my original reply means I'm against their right to protest? Tell me how that works.

And don't you just hate it when people say you are against other peoples' rights like you just accused me of? Especially when you know it's not true? If so, you know how I feel right now.

I find no issue with what these people did, not one tiny bit so what are you talking about? I was only pointing out the hypocrisy. That includes the ones complaining about this while defending anything anti-Trump. Liberals and Conservatives are two sides of the same exact coin with their hypocrisy.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

In YOUR opinion she doesn't have the capacity to hold office just like some people have the opinion that Trump or Pence don't have the capacity to hold office.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Can't shake the image in my mind of Maxine stumbling out in a tattered bathrobe and fuzzy slippers, shaking a bottle of cheap vodka and yelling: "GET OFF MY LAWN!"

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Granite

When is some leftist going to call this a violent riot and have their rights removed?

No we leave the hyperbolic whining to the right-wingers but thanks for the pre-emptive straw man.
edit on 2017-5-24 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I am confused ... was Maxine giving a speech at a ceremony to be interrupted by the behavior?

Yes you are confused because people standing up and quietly walking out of a venue isn't interrupting anything. Is someone getting up and quietly walking out of a bad movie interrupting your experience of it?

but since the left has decided recently that this is completely appropriate and fair, then it's time to start fighting that fire with fire

So your solution to stopping what you dislike is to do more of it in spite of people? Very mature, stooping to their level like that. We all know the best way to stop a forest fire is by adding more fire to it! Logic 101.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
No we leave the hyperbolic whining to the right-wingers

Oh my God, were you even able to type that with a straight face, Ante?

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Granite

Nice. The only issue I have is with the video title (not the thread title, because you took that from the video); they aren't "on" her lawn, but are in front of her home on the sidewalk. Only the musicians even touched her steps. No trespassing by most of these folks; just a lawful and peaceful demonstration!!

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: essentialtremors

They're comparable because they're both forms of protest.

One had people walking out peacefully without any commotion, the other has people harassing someone on their own property so I can see why you're confused as to how they're comparable in that regard.

Nonsense. Those who walked out on their own graduation ceremony were said to be foolish, for tossing away their moment to make a political point. They also disrupted, at least somewhat, the ceremony for all others attending.

Here, we have people outside a home, on the sidewalk, harassing NO ONE, and simply making a point. All peaceful, all legal, nothing disrupted.

If you actually believe these two events are the same, I can't help you. I don't think you believe that, however. Just an excuse to try and divert from what happened here.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

You can be disgusted at whatever you want. You can't say you believe in someone's right to do something and at the same time say you are disgusted by their actions. It stands to reason that you are not really in support of their right to do that thing.

It is actually a very simple concept. Reminds me of the quote: "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".

You can't say you are defending something if you are criticizing it.

Good grief; make up your mind!! You are contradicting yourself here. Yes, in fact, someone can say they don't approve of certain behaviors, while at he same time stating someone has a right to them. We don't have to agree with people to respect heir rights. Some of us aren't Leftists who demand compliance.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
It's funny how the right wingers constantly cry about the law but have no problem with these people breaking the law.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

What law did they break?

Peaceably protesting on a sidewalk isn't against any law I'm aware of...do enlighten me.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

But boy are they taking up a lot of sidewalk space, other people need to walk too you know!

Nitpicking about someone else's decision to leave their own graduation ceremony is about on par with my argument about sidewalk space.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
a reply to: Kali74

Why do you hate black people speaking truth to power and assume they are criminals?

Trespassing onto a persons private property makes them a criminal. She should have had the whole lot of them arrested or at least turned the water hose on them.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
By looking at the video, it appears they were on the public sidewalk, not her lawn. I believe that would be perfectly legal.

The real travesty here is that they brought a mariachi band and there were no micheledas in sight.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join