It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorism. Keep friends close, enemies closer!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
We are all to aware of the situation in the UK today. Our hearts grieve for the lost and their families.

There's been much debate on ATS about how best to combat this plague of terror threats and not much agreement on how to best do it.

Below is an AP article about happenings in England and what the cops are turning up in Intel on the bomber and suspected accomplices.
www.apnews.com...

There's one common thread that runs through these stories. No one in the neighborhood where the bomber lived knew him very well at all. He wasn't communicative, he didn't interact with his neighbors and his neighbors didn't go out of their way to socialize with him.

You want to fight terrorism? The fight obviously starts with YOU. There's an old saying, "Keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer!" Out in the countryside where I live, everyone knows everyone else. Its part of the survival mechanism. Strangers are engaged and politely interrogated. Since this is something of a tourist destination, most just want directions.

You poor city dwellers, to protect yourselves, your families, your children and your neighborhoods, I would strongly recommend you begin the habit, and daily of engaging those you don't know and start figuring them out!

I know how uncomfortable a suggestion that is because it means engaging the "others", the ones that dress funny or have different skin color than you or who wear funny hats. But honestly, this is the only way you're going to be able to start identifying the suspects.

Get on it and get on it NOW. I'd also suggest that you identify the area you consider your neighborhood and start forming little safety committees; in most locations the local gendarmerie will gladly send out a repreresentative to help you with safe community watch dog operations. And no.....you don't have to be armed to be effective. I would suggest the members tabulate who they've interacted with, provide information about where the heretofore "stranger" was engaged and write down and report pertinent information.

Finally, hostility isn't a good tactic here. Encounter a stranger, engage that stranger, get some basic information by way of polite introduction and say hello to that person the next time you see them, and the next and perhaps of a day invite to have a coffee tgether at the local Starbucks........and you will get MORE information, not only about this person, but others. And keep building the data base.

Get smart, learn things, tabulate and share information with the committee. Get proactive, get after it! Be a part of the solution rather than bloviating about the problem.

Cheers!

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Very good post, sound advice. Makes me think of the parable of the old bull and the young bull looking down on a field of cows.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Your title, it reminds me of how the CIA is working with Al Qaeda. They've been using them as paid mercs in their take down the Syrian government agenda.

Perhaps in the case of terrorist organizations the CIA needs to quit being friends with them, to get a world without them.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Honestly, that's not what my OP is about.

This wan't posted in a political forum for a reason. Politics isn't ging to do anything to bring back the poor little kids shredded in Manchester. but maybe an engaged public could have prevented this from happening!

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I know how uncomfortable a suggestion that is because it means engaging the "others", the ones that dress funny or have different skin color than you or who wear funny hats. But honestly, this is the only way you're going to be able to start identifying the suspects.

Even a smile, and saying "good morning/afternoon" can help make a good day for a new immigrant (or anyone), who might still be wondering how friendly their new country will be to them and their families.

It's the displaced people, disillusioned people, ones who have already fallen through the cracks that are unpredictable.
Home grown terrorists that have been let down by the system.

People need to be better to one another, in general.
edit on 24-5-2017 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

Very true. Alienating them only pushes them further into the shadows.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
The people who do go out and kill for their perverted religious reasons aren't ever going to be swayed by a good morning.

Most normal people just get on with life Talking about the footy and moaning about the weather is part of life, no matter how long someone has been living in the country. This article strikes me as silly, wishful thinking in order not to have to face the elephant in the room that is "Some people are just so full of hate they want us all dead."

Guys like the Manchester bomber went to Syria to help IS....a better way of making the country safer would have been to kill every single one who tried to return from their service.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Sprocket, if you think this is silly wishful thinking, you should talk to some Israelis or some Italians for a change. You cant counter an enemy you don't know. In Italy, or Isarel, you move into a neighbor hood your going to be scoped out. Some old fart is going to greet you and talk your head off and then tell his relatives. It works.

Maybe you should try something new for a change!

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Guys like the Manchester bomber went to Syria to help IS....a better way of making the country safer would have been to kill every single one who tried to return from their service.

But it's not doable. We can fantasize about killing them, or some people on these forums have fantasized about killing/jailing their families. Again, it cannot be legally or morally done. Many civilized countries don't even have a death penalty anymore.

We can't stop terrorism. Realistically we just can't. All we can do is try to slow it down by any means actually possible. 😕

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

If you are a woman, a smile at the wrong immigrant might make a less than good day for you.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

They sure have nice Toyota trucks wherever they come from!

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dem0nc1eaner

If you are a woman, a smile at the wrong immigrant might make a less than good day for you.

True. Keep some distance physically, and always assess your area for safety. Eye contact to a minimum.
This isn't just for immigrants, this is good advice for women in general, around any male stranger. Stranger danger is real.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I don't necessarily disagree with your sentiments in general.... BUT..... what good does it do for us little people to know when it seems time and time again the terrorists are "known" by the authorities.

From this recent one.....

Confirmed Abedi was known to British authorities prior to the attack.

If I remember correctly, the evil piece of garbage that shot up that Florida night club was "known to authorities."

I believe it was the FBI about a year ago that indicated they have active terror investigations in all 50 states.

So we know who these people are.... and we do nothing.

So tired of the same old song and dance.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Dem0nc1eaner

True! So get the information you need to d this safely!
www.ncpc.org...

My little wife stared down a would be mugger and pointed at him and walked right at him one night when running bail bonds in a Downtown neighborhood. He RAN for cover of the shadows. They don't want to be seen much less identified.

She was taught that tactic by no less than a long time Sherriff's Deputy who worked part time at the same bonding agency!

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Yea, I hear you. But if you think about it most of those stories are about "National" agencies like the FBI.

I am talking about at the local level. Don't know about where you live, but in Texas, the local authorities WANT to know about suspicious people, suspicious activities, and when we report them, action IS taken, if only in the form of extra scrutiny. Our little neighborhood just rid itself of a burglar, petty theif in just that manner. Around here, if you are put on the cops radar you will be scrutinized and watched.

Try it.....gotta start some place!

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

But it's not doable. We can fantasize about killing them, or some people on these forums have fantasized about killing/jailing their families. Again, it cannot be legally or morally done. Many civilized countries don't even have a death penalty anymore.

We can't stop terrorism. Realistically we just can't. All we can do is try to slow it down by any means actually possible. 😕

Legally, we can change the law and it can be done.

Morally ? What the hell are you on about? They are the 21st century's equivalent of Nazi death camp guards...if they don't deserve execution then no one does.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Sprocket, if you think this is silly wishful thinking, you should talk to some Israelis or some Italians for a change. You cant counter an enemy you don't know. In Italy, or Isarel, you move into a neighbor hood your going to be scoped out. Some old fart is going to greet you and talk your head off and then tell his relatives. It works.

Maybe you should try something new for a change!

You are conflating ordinary people who happen to live in a country different from the one they or their parents were born in with murderous savages who want everyone dead.

There are muslims, and then there are Jihadist muslims. Saying good morning to the latter group will do nothing, though the existence of the latter shouldn't preclude you from displaying ordinary decency to the former.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

originally posted by: Dem0nc1eaner

True. Keep some distance physically, and always assess your area for safety. Eye contact to a minimum.
This isn't just for immigrants, this is good advice for women in general, around any male stranger. Stranger danger is real.

I don't want to be unnecessarily confrontational here, but many of the countries we ar receiving immigrants from, would feel that a woman who smiled at them was "immodest" and "asking for it", so please don't conflate a genuine rape culture with relatively anomolous western rapists.

Yes, women should always be careful and on the lookout, but telling women to smile at immigrants is potentially an accident waiting to happen.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Quite honestly some people really don't quite understand at all. It's THEY that don't want to integrate smile pop round for tea NOT us. Try a smile & a cup of coffee in Bradford or Oldham....will get you ignored at best and punched at worst.

For all those that say "Oh I have many muslim friends"....I say no you don't. When was the last time one of your Muslim "friends" invited you round for a meal, went to the pub with you, or theatre or cinema? When did the Muslim "friend" invite you to his daughter/son's wedding? Introduce you to family and extended family? Ring you for a chat? Invite you to a ball game etc etc.....they may be people you exchange greetings with but I very much doubt they are friends in the real sense. Reason being it is said they must not befriend non believers.What do you have in common with these friends exactly? Religion? Culture? Hobbies & Interests? Kids dating each other? Nope none of the above.

WE cannot continue to bend over backwards to people that do not want to be British. We were lead down the wrong path back in the late 80's with all the liberal do-gooders when they decided to make things so much easier for immigrants including their own schools which don't follow the Government Curriculum, one sex only schools which had been abandoned in the 1980's, their own community centres doctors shops adherence to their holy days blah blah...the worst thing that came out of all the Race Relations efforts was the lack of need to integrate or learn the language. There can't possibly be integration if a person can't speak to others. There are now multi lingual signs in all public places because of which immigrants don't bother to learn English, they have no need to.

The writing was already on the wall way back in 1968 with Enoch Powell's now famous speech and he was it seems 3/4's right in his assumptions

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
There's one common thread that runs through these stories.

There's an even more obvious common thread here, but the media, globalist establishment, and politically correct pundits have bent over backwards attempting to prevent it from being openly discussed. Islam is the predominant common thread in all of this. Take it for whatever you wish, but this is an absolutely accurate statement of fact that is extremely inconvenient to the establishment's narrative.

top topics

join