It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Made Multiple Requests Real News or Fake News

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Is this story real or fake?

Trump made separate appeals to the director of national intelligence, Daniel Coats, and to Adm. Michael S. Rogers, the director of the National Security Agency, urging them to publicly deny the existence of any evidence of collusion during the 2016 election.

“The problem wasn’t so much asking them to issue statements, it was asking them to issue false statements about an ongoing investigation,” a former senior intelligence official said of the request to Coats.

Trump asked intelligence chiefs to push back against FBI collusion probe after Comey revealed its existence

They really don't say who is the source of the information. They say this:

Current and former senior intelligence officials viewed Trump’s requests as an attempt by the president to tarnish the credibility of the agency leading the Russia investigation.

It seems for this article the Washington Post has more than one source.

edit on 24-5-2017 by dfnj2015 because: fixed link

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
From the article:

"who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss private communications with the president."

Depends if you believe the anonymous sources. My opinion is this will end up the same place all the other anonymous zero proof anti Trump stories have went for the last 5 months - nowhere.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

according to two current and two former officials

Yeah they have 2 according to your article. lol. Washington Post.....lol

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

It seems for this article the Washington Post has more than one source.

Maybe they have that source that "knows how Trump thinks" too.

I try really hard to ignore ALL political news (propaganda) anymore, and I have found my wife likes me better this way.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
My opinion is this will end up the same place all the other anonymous zero proof anti Trump stories have went for the last 5 months - nowhere.

Well yeah if by "nowhere" you mean several rapidly escalating investigations that are starting to show signs of becoming criminal in nature.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

From the article:

"who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss private communications with the president."

Depends if you believe the anonymous sources. My opinion is this will end up the same place all the other anonymous zero proof anti Trump stories have went for the last 5 months - nowhere.

I'm sure at some point the same was said about the infamous "Deep Throat" anonymous source...

We will see where this leads, and hopefully see where the trail ends.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

From the article:

The article has two sources confirming "Trump made separate appeals to the director of national intelligence, Daniel Coats, and to Adm. Michael S. Rogers, the director of the National Security Agency, urging them to publicly deny the existence of any evidence of collusion during the 2016 election."

I don't think the article was discussing the content of the private communications.

The question then remains. Is Trump asking Coats and Rogers to "deny the existence of any evidence" news or not since the Post seems to have two sources?

I'm trying to understand the statement there is "no evidence". Because getting people to deny evidence of evidence is pretty damning in my opinion IF you believe this is real news.

edit on 24-5-2017 by dfnj2015 because: typos

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Well first, it's WaPo, so........

Don't they all

a former senior intelligence official

Who? Why is every god**mn story from an "unnamed source"? A "former" this or "high ranking" that ? If he's a "former official, how does he know? Or is this a case of " I heard it from a friend of a friend of a friend ....."

If they actually had something, the Democrats would be shouting it from the rooftops.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

So you think it's fake news?

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
People seem to be concentrating on this statement from the article, "who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss private communications with the president."

I don't think the article was discussing the content of the private communications.

The article has two sources confirming "Trump made separate appeals to the director of national intelligence, Daniel Coats, and to Adm. Michael S. Rogers, the director of the National Security Agency, urging them to publicly deny the existence of any evidence of collusion during the 2016 election."

The question then remains. Is Trump asking Coats and Rogers to "deny the existence of any evidence" news or not since the Post seems to have two sources?

I'm trying to understand the statement there is "no evidence". Because getting people to deny the existence of evidence is pretty damning in my opinion IF you believe this is real news.

Is this real news?

edit on 24-5-2017 by dfnj2015 because: typo

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

And the butthurt begins in 3...2...1...

C'mon-has anyone met an honest politician on either side? Well TBH I have met one and he resigned because he was fed up with the mud slinging, An honest and down to earth man I met at a Vietnam vet friend of mines birthday party-I won't say what side to avoid further keyboard mashing.

OK I lied-he swung to the left, let the button mashing begin but I won't say the some of right are without integrity as well.

edit on 24-5-2017 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

You do realize that every speck of news and data you see comes from the washington post, or one of the other news sites you think are fake news... right???

Conspiracy theory sites don't have investigative journalist teams... lol

Drudge, infowars , brietbart , exc all take MSM stories and copy paste them with there own spin..

All the news you see , even the stuff you like comes from the same handful of sources.. all of it..

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

What is going on is a miss interpretation of information to make it into the most dramatic and outrageous news that will generate Maximus ratings.

At the end the truth will come out and by then nobody will care if is true or not, the media outlets feeding on this will sail free.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

From the article:

I'm sure at some point the same was said about the infamous "Deep Throat" anonymous source...

We will see where this leads, and hopefully see where the trail ends.

I personally think trump did it..

It's a very good deal (except treason lol..)...

All your political opponents staff's private emails being dropped a month before the election being traded for dropping sanctions and staying out of Ukraine?!?!

Aka something you couldn't find 4 Americans that care about?!?!

Assuming trump truely believes he was best for the job, that's the deal of the century!!!

That said how much proof do you need to successfully prosecute a sitting president?!!

A flippin lot!!!

Like basically a tape of the meeting , or some one very high up talking...

So actually proving it will be really really hard.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
MSM vets info as much as they want to vet economic immigrants from ME and mexico.

What happened to the anti-fake news college courses and all that?

Anonymous sources are terrible to base your stance on, much like building a house on sand.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

What is going on is a miss interpretation of information to make it into the most dramatic and outrageous news that will generate Maximus ratings.

At the end the truth will come out and by then nobody will care if is true or not, the media outlets feeding on this will sail free.

That's a whole lotta misinterpretation, and a whole lot of very questionable actions by trump and his team...

How did stone know about the email drop a week early??

Why is trump firing people once the press finds out they are tied to Russia??

Why have multiple trump big wigs lied to congress about Russian meetings??

Why was the only thing trump changed in the GOP party platform, was not giving Ukraine military aid??

Honestly I think it would be hard to find ANY politician who doesn't take that deal if they think they can get away with it.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

That may be the case. However, is getting people to deny the existence of evidence is pretty damning in my opinion IF you believe this is real news. Is this real news because the Post has two sources saying Trump tried to get people to deny the existence of evidence.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

All news comes from the msm..

Conspiracy/conservative sites don't have investigative journalists... lol

They all copy paste msm stories with their own personal spin..

All news comes from the msm.. all of it.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: Butterfinger

All news comes from the msm..

Conspiracy/conservative sites don't have investigative journalists... lol

They all copy paste msm stories with their own personal spin..

All news comes from the msm.. all of it.

I REALLY wish conservatives would attempt to understand this. Their choice of news is no less a part of the MSM as the left's choice of news. Fox News doesn't stand alone from that crowd. They are the number one rated news channel in the country. Well maybe not for long. But regardless, conservative news outlets aren't immune to bias and misreporting information, but the right pretends like it is a sole fault of the left media.
edit on 24-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Are you sure?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join