It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would you stop terrorism?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 04:36 AM
link   
From stopping people coming in, to monitoring people already living in it citizens or not. All over i hear that there is places online these type of vermin (terrorists) go to get some type of love or acceptance. What do we (the west) (and Europe) lack culturally in their perspective that inhibits them to feel safe or feel outcast in our culture? Sure if i went to a different country to live, holiday or stay im sure id feel a bit out of place and maybe more aware than i would be at home but even if i was almost killed, theres nothing that country as a culture and a whole could do to make me wish to go out and hurt, set out to kill people especially young kids/teens (not that ANYONE is acceptable) enjoying what should be a great day in their life. I get that things globally have happened but if you are in control tonorrow how would you go about change. (Much respect ATS. Sorry if its a wall of text buy me a computer damn it
)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   
You can't stop an idea. You must change their minds.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Wardy22227

Stop making them our allies and funding them

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   

you could have stopped it...before it started. Some EU countries still can...some are doomed.

When you have 10-20 % of the populace who despise what you stand for...there is little hope.

It's all a part of the beauty that is named...multiculturalism.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Remove the House of Saud from power.

It wouldn't eliminate terrorism by any means, that's been a thing since antiquity, but it'd certainly eliminate the support base for a great many modern terror groups.

It'd probably be a good idea to stop sending aid to terrorist groups that also attack us. The Syrian Opposition being an obvious example.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 04:53 AM
link   
If there was a way to prevent terrorism that actually worked it would be in use. Prevent, deter and react is all that can be done.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   
In the UK, do this and more

1. All those who went to fight with ISIS should be banned from the UK regardless of their nationality and those already having returned jailed for life!
2. All those on watch lists or anyone consider to be a potential terror risk should be electronically tagged with the choice to leave the UK forever if they don't agree to that.
3. It should be made a serious criminal offense subject to a minimum of 10 years in jail for accessing and downloading material from known terrorist sympathizer websites or distributing terror hate material or preaching extremist views or recruiting others to become potential terrorists.
4. The death penalty short and swift should be introduced for those caught plotting a terror attack or having survived an attack.
5. All none UK citizens who are perceived to be a threat should be returned to their home countries immediately.
6. Use special forces to go after all those who are involved in plotting attacks from abroad and body bag them.
7. Consider wacking the ISIS returnees!
This would be a good start and would show to the people of the UK and the world that the UK Government means business and truly intends to take all measures necessary to protect our children!!

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

well..obviously there is a way...since not all countries have problems with terror attacks...certainly not on a level that would require a discussion.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I don't know about the rest of the world but in England nothing can be done without the help of the muslim community.

True, more and more muslims are speaking out against Islamic terror, but always AFTER an attack. They will need to seriously step up in order to see more arrests BEFORE an individual's idea of radical islam fruits into bloody actions.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

So how would you go about it? Electric chair, hypnosis, sleep deprivation?

Only kidding mate, say you are the leader of people tomorrow when you wake up. How would you change their minds

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Let all the people that hate each other and want to hurt each other, may that be the ones who would nuke em all, all those that would exterminate an inferior religion, or just plain whatever you menial gripe is ....Get in there , grab a weapon and go for it....

Exterminate yourselves please, stop talking about it and just go and do it already.

With any degree of luck after that is over the rest of us can choose to get along and enjoy the cultural exchange.

Yeah yeah I know kumbaya

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Let all the people that hate each other and want to hurt each other, may that be the ones who would nuke em all, all those that would exterminate an inferior religion, or just plain whatever you menial gripe is ....Get in there , grab a weapon and go for it....

I myself am simply for...let's keep to each other's own...what's wrong with that ?

With any degree of luck after that is over the rest of us can choose to get along and enjoy the cultural exchange.

just a day ago...the fruits of cultural exchange were scattered all over the Manchester floor. Enjoy it. It's what you chose.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
If there was a way to prevent terrorism that actually worked it would be in use. Prevent, deter and react is all that can be done.

Is that what you would do if you were in control? Say all has been done before. Is there nothing in your experience of life that you could add?

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

In the UK, do this and more

1. All those who went to fight with ISIS should be banned from the UK regardless of their nationality and those already having returned jailed for life!
2. All those on watch lists or anyone consider to be a potential terror risk should be electronically tagged with the choice to leave the UK forever if they don't agree to that.
3. It should be made a serious criminal offense subject to a minimum of 10 years in jail for accessing and downloading material from known terrorist sympathizer websites or distributing terror hate material or preaching extremist views or recruiting others to become potential terrorists.
4. The death penalty short and swift should be introduced for those caught plotting a terror attack or having survived an attack.
5. All none UK citizens who are perceived to be a threat should be returned to their home countries immediately.
6. Use special forces to go after all those who are involved in plotting attacks from abroad and body bag them.
7. Consider wacking the ISIS returnees!
This would be a good start and would show to the people of the UK and the world that the UK Government means business and truly intends to take all measures necessary to protect our children!!

Cannot say that i dont or wouldn't agree. If you are involved in ANY type of terrorist material, propaganda or any such thing that should be more than enough to get you sent back or locked up. What then do you do with those who are locked up and could influence younger or more vulnerable people in prison/gaol (jail) that do not have a long sentence. I myself have witnessed someone before and after only weekend lock up and was a massive change. Unfortunantly i was only a kid and had no idea what was going on and they quit that work place relatively quickly anyway.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
a reply to: CulturalResilience

well..obviously there is a way...since not all countries have problems with terror attacks...certainly not on a level that would require a discussion.

Is that a result of good prevention or just the luck of the draw. For now?

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: szino9

Agreed 100 %. I forget which attack in the U.K. (how sad is that in itself ? ) but a previous lone wolf was found to have stopped attending Mosque and sought other avenues to find himself via the web and thus was lured over to radical Islam.

The fact is if ANY Imam in a mosque notices one of his flock withdrawing or behaving differently he should notify the authorities and the family. The family too need to step up and voice any concerns about changes in behaviour etc. Failure to do so results in 'x' - insert appropriate punishment or warning method.

A countrywide leaflet drop outlining classic characteristics and patterns of behaviour should also be distributed so that neighbours take more note of one another e.g. are large groups of young males and possibly females visiting a particular house at odd times with baggage on a regular basis ? I'm sure the security services would provide better examples than that but you get my gist.

How about a centralized computer program which flags when fertilizer has been bought but double or triple flags if the same card is later used for nails, ball bearings etc - assuming these suicide bombers buy the products individually so as not to raise suspicion . Make the purchase of such items only possible via debit or credit card so that they can be tracked.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Well I certainly wouldn't address the ideology at the root of this behaviour, that would just be stupid.

I'd hold a vigil first of all so we could "draw strength from one another" and, you know, show solidarity.

I'd then go on to vehemently attack anyone and everyone who dared to voice any opinion that addressed the motive itself.

From then I'd go into a few days of autistic screaming which would fool those of a low iq into blaming the "terrorism" on western society.

Then, of course, I'd demand open borders and I would re-route BILLIONS of dollars of my own country's money toward importing and then supporting hundreds of thousands of muslims while completely ignoring the fact that ACTUAL refugees are dying by the millions from starvation in NON muslim countries all over Africa, screw those guys. We need more Muslims.

That way I could help to ensure the kalergi plan is successful.
edit on 24 5 2017 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Kind of like this?

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

Kind of like this?

Exactly that, I mean, it's working well so far.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Exactly that, I mean, it's working well so far.

Almost like it was planned that way......

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join