It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Rice Says, "No Attack On Iran."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
In one of her first actions as Secretary of State, Condaleeza Rice stated that military action in Iran is, "not on the agenda." She cited their abysmal human rights record as, "loathsome." Her comments , however, are not expected to calm anxious nerves regarding possible military action in Iran.

www.guardian.co.uk
Initially evasive when asked in a press conference whether the US still stood by a pledge - made last year by the deputy secretary of state, Richard Armitage - that it did not support regime change in Iran, Ms Rice was then asked directly whether she could envisage a time in Mr Bush's presidency when Iran might come under attack from the US.

"It is quite simply not on the agenda at this time," she said. "There are plenty of diplomatic means at our disposal to get the Iranians to finally live up to their international obligations."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Iran isn't on the agenda because Iraq is still a huge project - we aren't going to vacate the area until at least 2006 last I heard. There is no way that fighting two wars at once would be effective anyways.
Condy went on to condemn Iran's nuclear ambitions as well as their,"loathsome," human rights practices. The U.S. is clearly in favor of action being taken against Iran, but diplomatic means will suffice for now..........I wonder how long until that changes.

[edit on 4-2-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
This could change overnight as the diplomatic situation between the EU3 and Iran fails.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact Rice has just met with Jack Straw @ Downing Street.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I bet it will happen close enough to the end of GW's new term that it sets up his to-be-determined Republican successor for a convienient "passing of the torch." We wouldn't want to change horses midstream, now would we?

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Keep in mind she said... US had no plans to attack Iran "at this point".

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   
"At this point" doesnt mean didley. It wouldnt have been very wise for her to say "we're going in" would it?

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
"The U.S. Air Force is playing a dangerous game of cat and mouse with Iran's ayatollahs, flying American combat aircraft into Iranian airspace in an attempt to lure Tehran into turning on air defense radars, thus allowing U.S. pilots to grid the system for use in future targeting data, administration officials said. "

www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Rice is our modern day Woodrow Wilson. Only that this time two wars are already going and she has the gaul to make such a statement. However we are a nation of fools who time and again believe our leaders to be honest and forthright. Time and again the public is made a fool for their trust. This time is no different and the nation will again be shocked when the Iran war starts.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Yes, Rice is saying we have no plans right now to attack Iran but I am hearing more and more rhetoric about freeing Iranian citizens from the loathsome rulers of Iran. Is she getting us ready to attack Iran inorder to "free" their citizens rather than relieve them of WMDs? More on this subject here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
It most likely will happen in the 11th hour if there is a possiblity of a democratic president being elected in 2008, with some trumped up reason or attact, or new intellegance

People need to realise there is know way you can trust the current US administration

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Of course it's on the agenda....or did she not hear Bush's speech?
He made it very clear that he plans to stomp out tyranny and replace it with democracy, and he has listed Iran as a tyrannical regime recently. How much clearer can you get? Condi has her head in the sand...or more accurately, up her ass...

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Do i smell another Bush statue???

I got to say i hope the aliens land so we can divert our attention to that instead of this insane, lying propaganda.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
No, the 11th hour would be too late , as already reports circulate (dont' know how reliable they are) about iran being in the very final stages of nuke development and possible aquirement of Ukranian ICBM's to deliver them .

If the usa has got to to something , they got to do it now and I mean NOW or otherwise, accepts the new balance of power in the middle-east and hope the iranian government is just like the american government, behind that religious facade, driven by rational and economic motives and will keep them nukes to prevent hostile takeover of their oilreserves...

It could well be that Ricve isn't playing a game of misinformation, but rather dealing with a new politcal reality ? but then again , it might change overnight ...

[edit on 4-2-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MERC
I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact Rice has just met with Jack Straw @ Downing Street.

Yes I believe it has everything to do with the recent meeting. As everyone is aware the US has been told most politely to back off. Everyone knows that the US has the power to do what it would like, but it does not have the power to prevent the consequences of it's actions.

The US has really stretched its support from the international community and now has to work hard for support.

top topics

join