It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cherokee DNA has Minoan markers, heres why

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   
This is really interesting, In nineteen hundred, the Minoan culture was just recognised along with the Palace of Knossos in Crete, It took about forty years to get a real handle on the culture. In Nineteen sixty three a Minoan shipwreck was found with a full cargo a few miles off the Turkish cost. Remember the dates. During the "New Deal" back in nineteen thirty four , the Tennessee valley was going to get a load of hydro dams, so Government archeologists were called in to excavate some sites before they were drowned for good. What they found, didn't make much sense as they had no way of realising what Minoan artifacts looked like, so what was a Minoan ox hide copper moulds was called an alter and all the thousand or so artifacts were called American Indian, including the full sized copper ingots. The British archeologist said in his opinion the buildings were an Egyptian temple. Probably because the Minoans and Egyptians along with the Greeks had very similar cultures.
All the artifacts on the shipwreck matched the artifacts found in the soon to be drowned American valley.the Coper after analysis was found to be American. The Bodies buried near the American smelting site, were found with Minoan petro graphs .So if you can through the Guys obvious poor rendition of the story,the meat is very interesting.

edit on 24-5-2017 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Though only watched the first 10 minutes the 'meat' as you call it proves to be very interesting. This Pulitzer guy is tediously overdramatic but I guess I will have to make do.
Hopefully he will focus more on the facts in the remainder of the video and not so much on how much more 'ancient' the America's are. What does that even mean? That native American culture doesn't count?
Is there a deep rooted conviction in Americans that the American culture started with Columbus and therefore less ancient the European culture?
If so, does this discovery possibly change anything about that?

Anyway, maybe too soon to comment. I have not enough time at the moment to watch the rest.
S&F
a reply to: anonentity

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: z00mster

I'm waiting for the day Columbus day is not celebrated.

How do you discover a "new land" with people on it..??

It looks more and more that we had boats open sea worthy, a long, long time ago. "We" did.

About to watch.

I'm Cherokee and lokata and maybe half german.. so I'm kind of the invader and invaded.. so I have no me on one side or the other. I'm both..

History has taken on a whole new look with recent findings.. and it fascinates me... how did we get to this point? What happened before?

I note that the main cultures that seemed interesting or misunderstood where the sea ferring ones. even our language and laws reflect that..

Should be a good watch. Let's sea...

Hehe

Our most advanced vehicle technologies are still called ships.. space ships..

Relationships championships partnerships..

Permission to come aboard?

Anyway.

edit on 24-5-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I have little doubt that Europeans were mixing with Native Americans long before that pig Columbus pissed on the fence. There are many Cherokee that appear to be pretty much Caucasian.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Ahhh... "Commander" Hutton, the once and former Jovan J Philyaw. The guy who milked as much media as he could for the reproduction Roman Gladius he claims was left on Oak Island by shipwrecked Romans in the 1st century! Didn't think I would see him pop back up so soon after that embarrassing debacle, yet here we are.

Is there anyway you could summarize this hour long video? Perhaps point out where in this mess I can locate citations in order to fact check his claims? It always puzzles me when people post a YouTube video and run with it as though it's gospel truth but neglect anything resembling due diligence. It gives others room to run wild with claims of science lies and holds back the truth while only giving one rather skewed version of the story and from the perspective of a known fraud at that.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I came across this video a few months ago here:

historyheretic.org...

Also has many photos.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: toms54

As this is your citation, perhaps you could clarify exactly how alleged finds dated to between 8000 and 6000 BCE have anything to do with Minoans who did not exist as a civilization until the middle of the 2nd millennia BCE. Or, in simpler terms, how does something that predates Minoan civilization by 3500 to 5500 years have anything at all to do with a Bronze Age Mediterranean Civ?

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Bookmark thanks

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Any hope that you could sum up for us the points made? The video rambles a lot, and a quarter of the way in, nothing actually revealed.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Look we are looking at a collapse of civilisation of around 1177 BC. Caused by a few factors, where everyone wanted to get into Egypt, it looks like drought started the ball rolling,the invading people that came from the sea were repulsed twice, but Egypt never seemed to recover afterward, Trade died out, and a dark age fell. Knossos went into ruins and Megalithic structures were never built again.
The DNA markers were left In Wales Ireland the Basques Berbers and the Cherokee, which looked like contact was lost after the collapse. All these places were the sites of big Copper and Tin mines ,where the present populations share the same DNA markers, and in many cases a history of such contact.Here is a good main stream lecture about this collapse.vvwww.youtube.com...

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Actually your completely wrong.The Minoan" Linear a" script dates to 2000 BCE but the Minoan civilization and the Cretan hieroglyphics date to at least 3000 BCE.This has been proven.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Zeus74

I know its a very controversial subject, but what we cant disagree with is the Hoplogroup X genetic marker, which shows up in native Indians especially the Cherokee. It looks like it could have happened as early as two thousand years back.vwww.youtube.com...

Even pictographs suggest a very strong Minoan link with America.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Thank you for your reply. I just stated that I saw this page, I don't claim to be any kind of an expert. That said, I do believe that much of the Bronze Age copper came from America. As for the dates you cite, the first sentence of this article states: "Minoans discovered America 4000 years BEFORE Columbus!" not "between 8000 and 6000 BCE."

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

As far as Being in America goes.When after the end of the ice age deluge, guys with beards appeared out of the East, and gave them civilisation. This entailed building Pyramids and astronomy. Finding a rich copper mine in an obscure part of the country, tends to suggest that they knew where the copper was. Since it looks like it might have been, Proto Minoans or Phoenicians. Which also suffered the effects of the end of the Ice age, the plot deepens. Considering who ever they were , they were there to get trading goods that they could sell back in Europe for vast sums, it tends to support the fact that keeping the places where they got the goods secret, as Phoenicians were known to sink their ships rather than let the Romans know where they were going.
Since their are Phoenician /Minoan outpost along West Africa, and some Archeology on the Azores as well. The only things left is were their boats capable, undoubtedly the answer is yes because recently a remade vessel made it there and back with ease. How did they navigate?, well if you Knew true north, and could log the passage of the Solstice's ,and make adjustments for the sunrise position each day, a navigator would know what the angle of sunrise to true north should be if he was heading for the straits of Gibraltar, near enough on a certain day of the year to hit it bang on. If they were looking for land birds from the coast Latitude would only be a problem if you sailed into a shore at night.
I'm sure these guys got around the whole world, they even left a star map in Tahiti which the inhabitants keep as a sacred object to this day.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

This isn't really a complicated subject but it is a broad subject. So much has been written and I don't have all the research readily at hand to document it. If you search for things like precolumbian transatlantic copper trade you will see that there not only exists a route straight from the Mediterranean to the Americas but also a way to get there by going north then island hopping the way the Vikings did it.

This can take you to the Saint Lawrence River and into the Great Lakes. The copper came from Michigan. There is much evidence to support this including artifacts and genetics along with the mines themselves. This is the largest, purest copper deposit in the world.

This ship ULUBURUN cited in the video carried 10 tons of copper and a ton of tin so it was substantial.

I believe there were several times in history that America was discovered as well as even more one way trips when people got there but couldn't return due to weather, shipwreck, etc.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Yes when the Bronze age stopped , the need for Bronze age Copper stopped as well, Iron took its place, and the distance involved wouldn't be worth it. Plus the Mediterranean society collapsed about 1177BC.It will be interesting if Minoan or Phoenician remains get found on Iceland etc. But I think it more likely the Copper was shipped to the Mississippi via its tributaries.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I have often mused that the biblical philistines were the phonecians, minoans, or both were the same...perhaps with lineage comprising the people plato refered to as atlanteans

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

You are partially corect in that assumption.
The Phillistines were Mycenaen greeks that settled in the Levant after the they took over some Minoan trade routes after the eruption at Thera. The Phonecians were indgenous Caananites that the Minoans traded extensively with, who also settled into the vacuum left by the loss of the Minoan hegemony.
Both the phonecian alphabet and mycenaen LinearB
are based on Minoan Linear A.

And yes contrary to what even level headed people believe, they Minoans were who Platos Atlantis is based.
The physical evidence is overwhelming.
Strip away the literrary and artistic license from the story and set it against what we know to be true, from ancient sources and modern archeology, the Minoans become the best fit to the tale.

Lets compare Plato to the real world
Plato, " An empire larger than all of asia minor"

Plato, "
In the next place, they had fountains, one of cold and another of
hot water, in gracious plenty flowing; and they were wonderfully
adapted for use by reason of the pleasantness and excellence of
their waters. They constructed buildings about them and planted
suitable trees, also they made cisterns, some open to the heavens,
others roofed over, to be used in winter as warm baths; there were the
kings' baths, and the baths of private persons, which were kept apart."
The houses at Akrotiri(Thera) have hot and cold water piped in from springs. They did build cisterns to catch the ample rains the now lost volcano collected.

This passage

"Leaving the palace and passing out across the three you came to a
wall which began at the sea and went all round: this was everywhere
distant fifty stadia from the largest zone or harbour, and enclosed
the whole, the ends meeting at the mouth of the channel which led to
the sea. The entire area was densely crowded with habitations; and the
canal and the largest of the harbours were full of vessels and
merchants coming from all parts, who, from their numbers, kept up a
multitudinous sound of human voices, and din and clatter of all
sorts night and day.

And this fresco from Akrotiri

This fresco was buried under 60' of volcanic ash, whenPlato lived.
Pretty clearly a ringed island with piers and wharves all along the canal.

Plato has been so miss quoted, here is what he has to say about the Atlanteans, "All these and their
descendants for many generations were the inhabitants and rulers of diverse islands in the open sea; and also, as has been already said, they held sway in our direction over the country within the Pillars as far as Egypt and Tyrrhenia"

Tyrrhenia, is Tuscany or Etruria, home of the Etruscans. The lingual and cultural links between the Etruscans and Minoans have recently been re-enforced by aecheology.
The Minoans were important enough to the Egyptians that they allowed them their own port city, and they married into each others royal families.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: punkinworks10

Its funny how geological surveys have reported freshwater diatoms and fossils dredged up from the mid Atlantic ridge, under many miles of seawater and signs of rivers, but no one says that the landmass was where Plato said it was. Perhaps its to scary a thought that a continental piece of land can go missing overnight. www.atlantisquest.com...

top topics

join