It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tried too hard to be cool, done being a fool

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
So, I'm just a dude who usually lurks and enjoys the interesting and intelligent conversations round here. In my very lame attempts to earn a few stars I've realized what an insecure dork I am. I pop off and try to act cool or funny without knowing wtf I'm talking about. Got several bad habits to break and countless amends to make but I want to start right here and apologize for being an ignorant D bag. To anyone I may have offended with my careless words, I truly apologize. Ive learned a lot about myself and am going to take some time to reflect and seek balance. Respect and best wishes to all.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Good for you! Self realization is an important start. Personally I'm a totally ignorant D-bag myself, Been called that here before. Oh yeah, been called a racist here also. I just can't seem to muster up a concern to what anyone at ATS thinks of me!! Enjoy your day

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tuomptonite
So, I'm just a dude who usually lurks and enjoys the interesting and intelligent conversations round here. In my very lame attempts to earn a few stars I've realized what an insecure dork I am. I pop off and try to act cool or funny without knowing wtf I'm talking about. Got several bad habits to break and countless amends to make but I want to start right here and apologize for being an ignorant D bag. To anyone I may have offended with my careless words, I truly apologize. Ive learned a lot about myself and am going to take some time to reflect and seek balance. Respect and best wishes to all.

Your choice...

But remember it's just electrons in a cyber void that almost looks like language. It's just entertainment and not to be taken seriously.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tuomptonite

Not sure if sincere or it's just another attempt at getting stars...

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Tuomptonite

That is cool and seems genuine.

The first step of making something better on a subjective level, is admitting ones error in the first place.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   

I don't mean to shameless plug but I went through exactly what you did. I think you will enjoy this read.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Just sounds like you're overthinking -everything-.

May the neurons be with you.

Kill your TV.
edit on 24-5-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   

No worries we all make mistakes.Main thing is you want do things in a better way henceforth so its all good

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I wouldn't worry too much about it OP.. but it's nice you feel the need to apologize.

Our moods can shift and that can affect how we react to posts as well.

At least you aren't boring and irrelevant like me 😂

*sighs and slowly shuffles outa post*

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Forget being cool that is a programme, also so is playing the fool. Having said that, all we can do is deepen our view and enjoy that process where ever it may lead. best wishes a reply to: Tuomptonite

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Your choice...

But remember it's just electrons in a cyber void that almost looks like language. It's just entertainment and not to be taken seriously.

Well that explains why everything you share is from RawStory.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Still chasing? J/K.
That thread was great and I'll bet it gets more than my star and flag today. So...Let the refreshing begin!

(coffee at 1:30 a.m.)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   
no idea whats up here, but i had a similar epiphany on a different site a decade ago, and acting on it made me a better person.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
You are way too hard on yourself. This isn't the real world-just a place for entertainment-and maybe hear other opinions. I have no idea about the need for stars or flags or anyone's opinions-unless I can learn something new and it opens my mind.
ATSers seem tough, sensitive, caring, ruthless-it's got it all. Be who you are-be true to yourself-pop off if you feel like-try to be open if you feel like it. Definitely try not to be an a## unless, as sometimes, the op or others need it. Mostly, just enjoy-and don't be so deep. This isn't real.
edit on 24-5-2017 by Justso because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-5-2017 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy

That is cool and seems genuine.

The first step of making something better on a subjective level, is admitting ones error in the first place.

After nearly a full life, I've decided that self-depreciation does no good unless they already know you for your good parts. It should be kept under wraps within yourself, recognized, to be sure, and strived to be subdued and contained.

The old saying of "revealing your dirty linen in public" is fitting. It is a different when you want to say that you are sorry for certain acts or words, but do that and carry on, no need to start naming specific faults or chinks in your armor.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

That is an intelligent thing to write

I think i could use this advice in my life somehow.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I learned the hard way too in my early days. Jumping in on topics and popping off at the mouth what ever was on the top of my head and I got knocked back REAL quick. Lucky for me I am a fast learner. Got to comment with your brain and not your heart.

Iv'e been here over 3 years now and my post count is low because I've learned to just keep my mouth shut unless I know 100% of WTH I am talking about. Even then from time to time when I think I'm 100%, I still learn that I'm not even close.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I am guessing you are young, like under 30.

Let me share something that this 52 year old guy learned, and mind you, it was my 40's before I learned it.

For one, don't care about what people think about you, be your self . Either they will like or not. Doesn't really matter. There are 7 billion people on this earth and it only takes a handful to like you to get through life.

Like yourself before you can like someone else. If you are not comfortable with yourself, you will never be comfortable with someone else.

Lastly, we have a short time to live our lives and it passes quickly. So make the most of it and live it as best as you can.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
No worries. It's the internet. We're all guilty. Well, except maybe NightStar.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

This apology, offends me.

top topics

join