It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lights over lake ontario tonight multiple pics and videos

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
This is very interesting. Apparently this happened tonight, and was brought to my attention by my wife who used to live in rochester ny, and follows the local news from that area. There are multple pictures, a time lapse video and a facebook live feed from wroc, the local news station. Im not to familiar with how to link all of the things, but i am going to try.

This is an article wroc has on thier news page:
link to wroc story

This is a video posted on their facebook page
video of lights over lake ontario

This is a facebook live feed from a news anchor in their offices
facebook live feed

This is a time lapse video that shows the lights apearing out of nowhere
time lapse video of lights over lake ontario

This is very interesting and was seen by many people and there are a lot of pictures and videos, a lot more than I have shared here taken from mutiple vantage points. Since this just happened tonight, there is a active discussion going on facebook and twitter of people that saw these lights. I dont know what they are but to have a sighting with this many witness and so many clear photos and videos of good quality in daylight is very rare. I dont post very much but i thought i had to share this. Let me know what u guys think.
edit on 23-5-2017 by darknessdelmundo because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-5-2017 by darknessdelmundo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: darknessdelmundo

I think the time lapse video you posted shows the best that they are probably flares. The way they appear and drop. Then if you look closely they seem to leave a smoke trail when they wink out. That's pretty much what I see from that video anyway. Still pretty cool though

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
well just trying to attribute something to it going off the timelapse... flares. they do appear one after the other. who knows though, they seem pretty bright for that time of day for flares, especially reflecting off the surface of the water.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

I wonder how many hours that time-lapse covered? On the Facebook video, they didn't look to be moving at all. Can't you normally see flares moving downward, at least a little bit?

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Here's a video where I think this guy is proving that they are flares?

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Video is actually stating that they are NOT flares....in her opinion.
Then goes on to state some comments from witnesses. One witness saying she seen the objects appear then disappear 3 times over.
Then the narrator goes on to talk about her husbands vision of a fake alien invasion...
Then questions if this is the beginning and if this will start to happen every night,
Bunch more mumbo jumbo, then I turned the video off.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Well done OP. I'm on a 7 inch screen at the moment but in the timelapse vid it almost seems as if they drop from the clouds. The 1st video posted is a real gem, and no doubt there will be more footage and stories real soon. I will spend some time digging for more details tomorrow and on a bigger screen.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Thank-you for filling us in. My speakers aren't connected tonight. For something so bright, there are almost no references to this incident tonight in a Google search. Just a couple.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Illumimasontruth

I wonder why the person filming that first crystal-clear video didn't zoom in? Seems as if that would be the natural thing to do, with that much filming time available.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: darknessdelmundo

Great post, OP and I will definitely be keeping tabs on this one. Flares being touted already...the bog-standard response but who knows? Stand by for some on here also telling you they were Chinese Lanterns or drones with lights on.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Illumimasontruth

I wonder why the person filming that first crystal-clear video didn't zoom in? Seems as if that would be the natural thing to do, with that much filming time available.

I agree considering how calm and collected the female was, if it was her recording. At least she got the footage though. I can't wait to get to the tablet or pc but my well trained eyes tell me these were probably not flares. At least not any typical type. Never know what Uncle Sam has up that well cloaked sleeve.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

I count eight lights...for what reason would eight flares be dropped? I mean, it's obviously still daylight so why any flares at all?? I'm just waiting for someone to now tell us that it was a parachute display team or something along those lines. I'm not saying this was an alien invasion of any kind but if the lights are terrestrial in origin, it would be good to know what they are.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Ok, I found this on Facebook, posted 6 hours ago by Sebastian Poile...

He says he saw these whilst fishing in Fairhaven, although I have no idea where that is in relation to the video in the OP. They now look like flares and there is a visible smoke trail with a slight arc at the top...but, where did they get fired from? The trail appears to end in the clouds. Could this be from an aircraft and again, why fire them and why eight or nine flares?

Video from Rochester, NY.
Are these the same lights?

Corey Page Facebook Video
edit on 24-5-2017 by fromtheskydown because: Additional info.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: fromtheskydown

Perhaps from something like this.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: fromtheskydown

Perhaps from something like this.

Yes, I just looked-up some images and I saw that some of the comments on the FB page are saying the Canadians were undertaking military exercises that evening. So, this is looking more and more like flares after all.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   
the obvious question for multiple sightings around a lake - triangulation - to determine actual phenonemon location

i say " obvious " but no one seems to have attempted it

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Looks like a military training exercise to me...

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I'm going with ParaFlares.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Lake Ontario has been a hot spot for sightings for many years. People living around the lake area have reported strange lights in the sky and even objects coming out of the water and shooting upwards at incredible speeds. It is a hot spot for ufo activities.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: cosmania

I'm really not sure what it is but it doesn't really look like flares... The time lapse shows them just appearing out of the clouds... U don't see a plane shooting off flares and they don't fizzle out.. They just seem to disappear again... I get that flares seems logical but it doesn't really fit in this case

top topics

<<   2 >>

join