It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former CIA Director Brennan Slams The Door On Dems Russia Narrative

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on May, 24 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
It would be a farce due to the fact Hillary won the popular vote by a large margin and therefore the election was incredibly close... so close that Russian interference could have literally had an election deciding impact

Popular vote means nothing. Had that been the contest, the entire campaign strategy of both candidates would have been different.

Perhaps the popular vote was swung in Hillarys favor by the release of the Billy Bush tape. So its it fare to say that the US medias releasing that footage made the election a farce?

Or the any other numerous support the MSM had for HIllary?

Or how countries like the UK had predominantly hillary favored coverage?

Or how the media colluded with the DNC to beat Bernie?

Or how wall st gave much more money to Hillary?

Or how Hillary and Bill received money from countries like Saudi Arabia?

Or is it your contention that none of that matters, and only Russian influence matters?

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Well done.
Many outside influences affect our elections, including the weather. As long as election law isn't violated, there is nothing that can be done about it.

But Russia!

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
He did this in two parts. First he was questioned by Schiff (D):

In respect to a number of allegations made recently that the president or his aides may have sought to enlist the help of members the IC [intelligence community] or Director Comey himself to drop the Flynn investigation. Have any members of the IC shared with you their concerns that the president was attempting to enlist the help of people within the intelligence community to drop the Flynn investigation?

Brennan's reply: "No, Sir."

Schiff kept pushing but got nowhere.

So now Comey and Brennan are both under oath destroying the idea that trump was trying to obstruct justice. Smack-down number one.

Part two is what the left is trying to use as evidence of collusion.
Brennan was asked:

Was there intelligence that said that the Trump campaign was colluding with Moscow during their campaign?

Brennan responded:

There was intelligence that the Russian intelligence services were actively involved in this effort, and having been involved in many counter-intelligence cases in the past, I know what the Russians try to do; they try to suborn individuals and they try to get individuals, including U.S. persons, to act on their behalf, either wittingly or unwittingly. And I was worried by a number of the contacts Russians had with U.S. persons, and so therefore, by the time I left office on January 20, I had unresolved questions in my mind as to whether or not the Russians had been successful in getting U.S. persons involved in the campaign or not, to work on their behalf, again, either in a witting or an unwitting fashion. And so, therefore I felt as though the FBI investigation was certainly well-founded and need to look into these issues.

While brennan doesn't come out and deny collusion, he answers the question in a way that leads far away from the idea of collusion or even an investigation into collusion. It seems the russians were trying to plant people into the campaign, not trying to collude directly with the campaign. Which makes sense (unlike the whole conspiracy about manchurian candidates). In fact, this line pretty well blows up the collusion theory:

I had unresolved questions in my mind as to whether or not the Russians had been successful in getting U.S. persons involved in the campaign or not, to work on their behalf, again, either in a witting or an unwitting fashion.

That implies victim-hood of the Trump campaign, even if the Russians were successful.

If trump wasn't trying to quash the investigations into flynn and he wasn't colluding with the russians, what are they going to impeach him for?

Funny thing is.... what he says about planting individuals into the campaign, as opposed to collude directly with the campaign, is EXACTLY what the CIA did during the last French election (not the one in 2017).
So... you can't do it, but I can?
I see no foul play at all... nothing more than the US itself is already doing to everyone else, probably to an even greater extend.

Having standards is great... having double standards is twice as great.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I thought what he said about the steele dossier was telling. He said the CIA never looked into it iirc?

Many outside influences affect our elections

Well I am an Aussie living in Australia and I was spamming anti Hillary memes and trolling Democrats on 3 twitter accounts and 2 Facebook accounts leading up to the election. I don't work for Russia lol
edit on 24-5-2017 by oddnutz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   

It would be a farce due to the fact Hillary won the popular vote by a large margin and therefore the election was incredibly close... so close that Russian interference could have literally had an election deciding impact

What's sad is thinking adults believe the Russian narrative that's pushed out by the MSM. You can go to the exact same moment during the debates when the Russian narrative started and most critical thinkers will come to the conclusion that Hillary was misdirecting away from Her leaked emails and pinning the blame on the Russians. I'm pretty sure that You are one of those people whom don't watch debates which is pretty sad considering We let people like You vote.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Well the true ender of the argument is that collusion isn't even illegal nor can it be prosecuted in any form....

The real question is what is Mueller REALLY doing on the investigations because even if he found that there was collusion he couldn't do anything.

Now if someone from one side actually helped Russians to hack emails then something could be done.

Anywho....let the witch hunt carry on! I am sure Mueller is enjoying the fat paycheck for nothing and WE are the ones paying.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Whether it was intentional or not on Trumps vehalf.. that still relegates our election as a farce

And if Hillary had won, after colluding with the National Media to promote her candidacy, would she be an illegitimate President?

If Hillary had won, the media would not have reported on her uranium or other ties to Russia. I'm convinced about that.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Is Seth Rich a Russian?

I didn't think so. Just some more "look over there" nonsense.

We need Seths murder investigated thoroughly, and prosecute all those involved.
If it was officials in the democrat party, declare the democrat party a terrorist organization and disband it.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

The real question is what is this REALLY doing , after all nothing will come of this

isn't it apparent already, it keeps the pressure on trump so ultimately he has no alternative but to fall inline with the status quo....

edit on 24-5-2017 by Infoshill because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: rollanotherone

That's what you have? No counter debate. Just this....insult.
Excellent.

But while you ponder that consider trumps actions.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
exactly what is it that Russia is suppose to have done that influenced the election outcome?

The only thing that I`ve heard people mention is alleged hacking and publishing E-mails.

hacking and publishing e-mails can`t influence an election, the content of those e-mails could influence an election,but the hackers and publisher aren`t responsible for the contents of the e-mails.

I`m still surprised that people are more upset that the e-mails were made public than they are about the contents of the e-mails.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Do people forget that many of those votes come from people who are not legally allowed to vote? Who would have won then?

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

a reply to: Tardacus

I`m still surprised that people are more upset that the e-mails were made public than they are about the contents of the e-mails.

A narrow vision... You too will be assimilated into the information purification, a garden of pure ideology for a safe and secure future...

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Wow talk about a spin...

All I get from what I read is... "There's a need to investigate." Not...Trump is a victim.

Just wow.

Expose the truth, no matter what it is...if there's no collusion, that's awesome and Trump is cleared. If there was collusion, that's loathsome and Trump isn't cleared.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Do people forget that many of those votes come from people who are not legally allowed to vote? Who would have won then?

That, too, is going to be revealed. You are absolutely right.

Obama, and CA politicians, not only allowed illegals (especially in CA) to vote, but ENCOURAGED it. I'll see if I can find the interview I watched showing this outright encouragement and post it.

This election was very much about illegal immigration, and if anyone thinks illegals didn't vote in this election, you're just plain blind, deaf, and dumb.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Here is one of those interviews:

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Trump IS trumps campaign. He's the top dog in that campaign.
And something Brennan did not say. He did not say that the president didn't ask him to shut down the investigation . He did say he doesn't feel comfortable talking about conversations he had with the president. That's a yes to me. He doesn't say conversations he might have had he says conversations he had.
The collusion is going to take a back seat to obstruction of justice whether there was collusion or not.

Wrong. He was clear that he had no knowledge of Trump trying to shut down the investigation. That said, he was gone by the 20th January.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
One other thing OP that is very important.

Brennan implicated people OUTSIDE the Trump campaign too in terms of contacts with Russia - American citizens.
Note the Russians have openly stated they had meetings with Hillary Clinton's campaign also.

The Committee now has details of all these people - as will Mueller.
edit on 24/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

Wow talk about a spin...

All I get from what I read is... "There's a need to investigate." Not...Trump is a victim.

Just wow.

Expose the truth, no matter what it is...if there's no collusion, that's awesome and Trump is cleared. If there was collusion, that's loathsome and Trump isn't cleared.

There was more he said, including some language about how he fears Russia are still trying to undermine the US govt now, working against Trump.
Overall, Brennan's testimony was a knock to Democrat hopes of their Russian narrative yielding any fruit in their quest to undo the election.

edit on 24/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mike.Ockizard

originally posted by: carewemust

Whether it was intentional or not on Trumps vehalf.. that still relegates our election as a farce

And if Hillary had won, after colluding with the National Media to promote her candidacy, would she be an illegitimate President?

If Hillary had won, the media would not have reported on her uranium or other ties to Russia. I'm convinced about that.

uranium?....again with this fake news, do you write for Pravda?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join