It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former CIA Director Brennan Slams The Door On Dems Russia Narrative

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
He did this in two parts. First he was questioned by Schiff (D):

In respect to a number of allegations made recently that the president or his aides may have sought to enlist the help of members the IC [intelligence community] or Director Comey himself to drop the Flynn investigation. Have any members of the IC shared with you their concerns that the president was attempting to enlist the help of people within the intelligence community to drop the Flynn investigation?

Brennan's reply: "No, Sir."

Schiff kept pushing but got nowhere.

So now Comey and Brennan are both under oath destroying the idea that trump was trying to obstruct justice. Smack-down number one.

Part two is what the left is trying to use as evidence of collusion.
Brennan was asked:

Was there intelligence that said that the Trump campaign was colluding with Moscow during their campaign?

Brennan responded:

There was intelligence that the Russian intelligence services were actively involved in this effort, and having been involved in many counter-intelligence cases in the past, I know what the Russians try to do; they try to suborn individuals and they try to get individuals, including U.S. persons, to act on their behalf, either wittingly or unwittingly. And I was worried by a number of the contacts Russians had with U.S. persons, and so therefore, by the time I left office on January 20, I had unresolved questions in my mind as to whether or not the Russians had been successful in getting U.S. persons involved in the campaign or not, to work on their behalf, again, either in a witting or an unwitting fashion. And so, therefore I felt as though the FBI investigation was certainly well-founded and need to look into these issues.

While brennan doesn't come out and deny collusion, he answers the question in a way that leads far away from the idea of collusion or even an investigation into collusion. It seems the russians were trying to plant people into the campaign, not trying to collude directly with the campaign. Which makes sense (unlike the whole conspiracy about manchurian candidates). In fact, this line pretty well blows up the collusion theory:

I had unresolved questions in my mind as to whether or not the Russians had been successful in getting U.S. persons involved in the campaign or not, to work on their behalf, again, either in a witting or an unwitting fashion.

That implies victim-hood of the Trump campaign, even if the Russians were successful.

If trump wasn't trying to quash the investigations into flynn and he wasn't colluding with the russians, what are they going to impeach him for?
edit on 23-5-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Basically he was saying that the Russians have people out there that try to befriend politicians and staff and the people may not even know that these acquaintances are Russian operatives. Yeah, I can see that. One of the people here on ATS could be a Russian operative and we would never know. But I doubt if Putin would waste his time with ATS, maybe a paid shill or two that come here on occasion along with visiting other boards.

Gee, sounds like a great job, where do I apply? Maybe our government would pay better.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Whether it was intentional or not on Trumps vehalf.. that still relegates our election as a farce

+6 more 
posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

How do you figure?

+18 more 
posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

So apparently this was all his "assumption" and nothing else.

So the Dems think they are going to impeach on an assumption?

I have said this a long time now, if Trump had colluded with the Russians, NSA would had the goods already, and all would have been exposed a long time ago.
edit on 23-5-2017 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Too bad the door is a revolving one, I'm sure we've got at least a few more thousand threads to be made about it before it fizzles out to obscurity in favor of the next big scandal they're spoon feeding us.

Gotta give America their fix of reality TV drama! They're milking these things for all they're worth so I doubt the door will be shut anytime soon.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

I'm not sure you have any idea how any governments in the world operate; that is mundanely normal behavior, and our own country does it as a matter of course. I don't approve of this kind of action, but it IS matter of course for any national government. They all have interests and they all make international political maneuvers to protect those interests.

Perhaps they will impeach Trump for being a dick (or being orange), for of that he is surely guilty.
edit on 23-5-2017 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

Dems believe there is a criminal investigation into trump. They have great faith despite the mounting evidence.

Comey and Brennan have both inferred that it's a counterintelligence investigation into russia's attempts to infiltrate the trump campaign.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

LOL

Accurate on all points.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
Whether it was intentional or not on Trumps vehalf.. that still relegates our election as a farce

While you are correct, it's not in the manner you think.

You're batting .500, best of luck on the season.
edit on 23-5-2017 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Great Opening Post DFairlite. Today I heard a montage of Democrat leaders and intelligence officials say one after another that they can't find any collusion between Trump or his campaign, with Russian officials, to affect the 2016 election.

Yet we now have 4...yes FOUR top level committees, using our tax dollars to investigate something that any reasonable person must conclude, never occurred. Insanity is an understatement.

+7 more 
posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   

And if Hillary had won, after colluding with the National Media to promote her candidacy, would she be an illegitimate President?

+3 more 
posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   

It would only be a farce if there was election tampering, and not even the looniest liberal is claiming there was. The people voted with no interference, and therefore the election is valid. Trump will be our President for at least the next 4 years.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

And if Hillary had won, after colluding with the National Media to promote her candidacy, would she be an illegitimate President?

YES!

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   
It would be a farce due to the fact Hillary won the popular vote by a large margin and therefore the election was incredibly close... so close that Russian interference could have literally had an election deciding impact

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   

It would be a farce due to the fact Hillary won the popular vote by a large margin and therefore the election was incredibly close... so close that Russian interference could have literally had an election deciding impact

That was Russia's goal. Brennen said today that the Russians disliked Hillary as much as they liked Trump. They worked both sides of the aisle..to help one and hurt the other simultaneously.

He also said that Russia will influence our 2018 mid-term elections too. There's not much we can do about it, because the internet is so open.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Trump IS trumps campaign. He's the top dog in that campaign.
And something Brennan did not say. He did not say that the president didn't ask him to shut down the investigation . He did say he doesn't feel comfortable talking about conversations he had with the president. That's a yes to me. He doesn't say conversations he might have had he says conversations he had.
The collusion is going to take a back seat to obstruction of justice whether there was collusion or not.

+2 more 
posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Lol, there was no obstruction. Point blank, asked the question both Comey and Brennan said there were no efforts at obstruction.

You're reading between lines where there are no lines to read between so that you can confirm your biases.

"Was trump trying to shut down the flynn investigation?"
"No, sir."

But more importantly, democrats have been calling for a special investigator for months. Trump fired comey and a special investigator has been appointed. How exactly do you make the argument that justice was obstructed?

Trump IS trumps campaign. He's the top dog in that campaign.

You really can't see the disconnect, can you? Russia, attempting to influence his campaign makes trump the victim not the perpetrator. He can only be the perpetrator if he sought out Russia to increase his odds of winning. But even that would not be illegal (AFAIK).

+1 more 
posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   

What Russian interference? Are you talking about the Wikileaks dumps? That was seth rich, a berner, do try to keep up.

(post by rollanotherone removed for a manners violation)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join