It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$45,000 raised for 2 homeless men that helped Manchester victims

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: VegHead

i was as polite as i could be - but i will not stand by and ignore such actions as :

'I pulled nails from children's faces'

when i know that it is not sound medical advice // proceedure

what is so hard to understand - or do you want all and any unsound advice to be just left unchalllenged ??

i said my peice - and that was it i didnt condem the guys that acted out of well intentioned ignorance - but i is dammed if i will sit back and leave a sentence that apppears to indicate that removing embedded objects = acceptable to stand unchallenged

i is done

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

i was as polite as i could be - but i will not stand by and ignore such actions as :

'I pulled nails from children's faces'

when i know that it is not sound medical advice // proceedure

what is so hard to understand - or do you want all and any unsound advice to be just left unchalllenged ??

i said my peice - and that was it i didnt condem the guys that acted out of well intentioned ignorance - but i is dammed if i will sit back and leave a sentence that apppears to indicate that removing embedded objects = acceptable to stand unchallenged

i is done

You were very polite, very kindly worded, and also very correct. I was more commenting on the fact that it seems any feel-good story isn't really a feel-good story when closely inspected. So, as I said, we can't have nice things.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

appologies - i utterly mis - read your 1st post

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Yep, I've seen someone yank out a piece of glass and then proceed to loose several pints of blood before having to resort to indirect pressure on a artery to stem the flow and it's not pretty or easy (imagine someone going to the bathroom and how quickly their bladder empties. Now imagine it's their blood and it's spraying everywhere and your trying to 1) keep them calm 2) maintain some grip on them amongst the slipperyness 3) wipe blood out your eyes so you can see, all the while keeping them alive and trying to summon backup! I've been to a fair few glassings and pulling stuff out is the last thing you want people doing)

I do commend them for running towards the source of danger however, it's not an easy thing to do. However, where kids are concerned I'd do anything in my human limited power to preserve life. I hope it is a springboard for them to do good things and as well as remember the other volunteers on duty that night who also worked without the prospect of recompense. May the homeless guys find what they need to get back on their feet and I hope the circumstances which lead them where they are are never repeated.

Brave people there that night.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join