It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump told Duterte he was doing an Amazing job On his murderous drug war.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
So according to the intercept When Trump called Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte on April 29th he told him he was doing an Amazing job on his war on drugs.

An Amazing job? The guy has been executing people who use or sell drugs on the street.

Trump said I know you have a drug problem , we have a drug problem and I think you are doing an amazing job at handling it??

I know sessions would love to do this to American drug users now I think Trump thinks it would be a good idea to at least toss around the table.

You cant just execute people for doing drugs its not ok and never will be.

Its only a crime because its illegal.

They have everyone convinced drugs are what makes the world bad when drugs are the only thing that make it tolerable .

Kill drug users then go home and down some whiskey. Damm hypocrites everyone of them.

“You are a good man,” Trump told Duterte, according to an official transcript of the April 29 call produced by the Philippines’ Department of Foreign Affairs and obtained by The Intercept. “Keep up the good work,” Trump told Duterte. “You are doing an amazing job.”
Trump began the call by telling Duterte, “You don’t sleep much, you’re just like me,” before quickly pivoting to the strongman’s drug war.
“I just wanted to congratulate you because I am hearing of the unbelievable job on the drug problem,” Trump told Duterte at the beginning of their call, according to the document. “Many countries have the problem, we have a problem, but what a great job you are doing and I just wanted to call and tell you that.”
“Thank you Mr. President,” replied Duterte. “This is the scourge of my nation now and I have to do something to preserve the Filipino nation.”

theintercept.com...

edit on 23-5-2017 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-5-2017 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
So is it Trump or Jeff Sessions that will be throwing drug dealers out of helicopters
to Make America Great Again?

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
That's true. He's killing the drug guys. It's not like here where "due process" means criminals have more rights than the citizens they exploit. We coddle criminals like they are a precious resource and treat law-abiding citizens like trash.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

DaaaHaHaHa

according to an official transcript of the April 29 call produced by the Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs and obtained by The Intercept

Sure the "Philippine" "Foreign" "Affairs" "Office" is leaking

The transcript, which contains numerous typographical errors, was authenticated by well-placed sources in the Palace and the Department of Foreign Affairs by reporters at the Manila-based news outlet Rappler, which collaborated with The Intercept on this story

I'm not sure either

edit on May-23-2017 by xuenchen because: fakestoriesgoodygoodygumdrops

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
DaaaHaHaHa

according to an official transcript of the April 29 call produced by the Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs and obtained by The Intercept

Sure the "Philippine" "Foreign" "Affairs" "Office" is leaking

The transcript, which contains numerous typographical errors, was authenticated by well-placed sources in the Palace and the Department of Foreign Affairs by reporters at the Manila-based news outlet Rappler, which collaborated with The Intercept on this story

It might be..But boy that does sound like something Trump would say.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You sure do love pulling the fake news card don't you? Funnily enough you only seem to pull it when Trump is the one being criticized or questioned and never anytime else.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

It's not just drug users and dealers. And they're not just being shot on the streets, but in police custody.
time.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Duerte is a Maniac

Last I heard, at least 4 elected Mayors who were not supporters of Duerte, were murdered while in police custody. At least one was actually locked in a cell when he was shot. He's just killing people. He's not a president, he's a gangster.

This treatment of a person who so obviously stands for something other than American ideals is obviously concerning. I do question Trump's tactics however. Our relations with the Philippines is of strategic importance, particularly if Trump is gearing up toward China. It could just be a negotiation technique. I'm not putting all of my eggs in this basket, but giving his unusual techniques, his idea of diplomacy could be quite different than what we are used to. I'm trying to keep an open mind.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
That's true. He's killing the drug guys. It's not like here where "due process" means criminals have more rights than the citizens they exploit. We coddle criminals like they are a precious resource and treat law-abiding citizens like trash.

Yeah like executing people without any proof is a great thing to do. He has also been using this "drug War" to get rid of political opponents.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
So according to the intercept When Trump called Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte on April 29th he told him he was doing an Amazing job on his war on drugs.

An Amazing job? The guy has been executing people who use or sell drugs on the street.

Trump said I know you have a drug problem , we have a drug problem and I think you are doing an amazing job at handling it??

I know sessions would love to do this to American drug users now I think Trump thinks it would be a good idea to at least toss around the table.

You cant just execute people for doing drugs its not ok and never will be.

Its only a crime because its illegal.

They have everyone convinced drugs are what makes the world bad when drugs are the only thing that make it tolerable .

Kill drug users then go home and down some whiskey. Damm hypocrites everyone of them.

“You are a good man,” Trump told Duterte, according to an official transcript of the April 29 call produced by the Philippines’ Department of Foreign Affairs and obtained by The Intercept. “Keep up the good work,” Trump told Duterte. “You are doing an amazing job.”
Trump began the call by telling Duterte, “You don’t sleep much, you’re just like me,” before quickly pivoting to the strongman’s drug war.
“I just wanted to congratulate you because I am hearing of the unbelievable job on the drug problem,” Trump told Duterte at the beginning of their call, according to the document. “Many countries have the problem, we have a problem, but what a great job you are doing and I just wanted to call and tell you that.”
“Thank you Mr. President,” replied Duterte. “This is the scourge of my nation now and I have to do something to preserve the Filipino nation.”

theintercept.com...

But really
Duterte is doing an Amazing job on his war on drugs.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Actually, they execute anyone they -suspect- of being involved in drugs...and civilians can get in on the fun also. All they gotta do is murder someone and say they think they were selling drugs.

sick government
bad hombres

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Years of jail for a pot offender isn't coddling, it's archaic.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
while i dont agree with the methods theyve gone about with it over there i have talked to people who live there and they are completely for what is happening in many cases. the world isnt the same in every country and many of them have seen the effects that the criminal element has had in their country. its not the drugs but the means employed by the drug dealers to sell their goods that is the problem.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
His people approve of the results he's getting. I doubt he really cares what you think. I would never want that here but the left should consider how bad things can when you allow criminals and drug dealers to run wild long enough. The normal people of the Philippines chose this.
edit on 23-5-2017 by PepeTalk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Duterte is a thug. Killing people without due process is unforgivable. If Trump did praise this behavior, thats disgusting (and I am a supporter)

Now having said that, he is trying to have good relations with the guy. Whats he supposed to do, criticize him. (thats what I would preffer, but its not realistic).

I am sure if we had a recodring of everyon conversation that Presidents have had with foreign leaders, we would be disgusted by some of the praise they healed.

Either way, I don't think this is a big deal.

The real issue to me is the leak. I find it funny that Greenwald at The Intercept criticizes the Deep states war on Trump and the dangers of cheering for it or helping them, and yet will not hesitate to put these leakers work up for his own benefit in hurting Trump.

This is different than Greenwald working with Snowden. This is Greenwald working with people that he has called worse than Trump and helping them smear him.

Just seems sketchy to me.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Agreed! We seriously need to make the politicians scrap the constitution and bill of rights and all those garbage documents that have ruined America!

We need to drive the criminals OUT of America!

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: FuggleHop

Agreed! We seriously need to make the politicians scrap the constitution and bill of rights and all those garbage documents that have ruined America!

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: PepeTalk
His people approve of the results he's getting. I doubt he really cares what you think. I would never want that here but the left should consider how bad things can when you allow criminals and drug dealers to run wild long enough. The normal people of the Philippines chose this.

But I dont approve of our POTUS thinking its ok and an amazing job. Thats 1 step away from trying it.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: FuggleHop

you realize when u make these extreme arguments you just sound ridiculous? in many cases criminals do get crazy treatment. one that has always stood out for me was when a burglar fell through someones skylight in their home and almost bled to death due to his actions. he sued the homeowners and won in court. not everything goes to one extreme or the other and shuyler in no way was promoting what u put out there.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Well he is. Crime is at record lows.

Due process was totally impossible since the civil institutions of the Philippines were paralysed for decades thanks to corruption. Crime was totally out of control.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Hopefully Duterte's executioners go after the paedophiles next.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

Hopefully Duterte's executioners go after the paedophiles next.

WHY wouldn't they go after the paedophiles first?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join