It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When did the forums suddenly become Idiocracy in 1938's Germany

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

I would have to say the statements you claim are a reaction to the violence. Cooler heads prevail.

There are huge problems with comparing radical Muslims with 1930's Jews. 2 very different reasons for making similar statements.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

I'll focus on the most important aspect of this thread

movie ... Movie ...

No red squiggly line for me

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Trick question right ? I'll go with the secret answer : Westborough Baptist Church

a reply to: ketsuko

Does it have to be like for like ? You're saying it would be acceptable back then if a few extreme Jews had been doing what a few extreme Muslims do today ?

a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I'm seeing veteran posters come out with these fascist views, we're not talking 1 or 2 posts but whole threads dedicated to the revival of fascism and hatred directed to an entire religion and it's been brewing on here for a long long time

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

Yeah, I tried it too. I thought it might be because Movie shouldn't be capped because it will flag muslim if I don't cap it, but it doesn't matter if I cap Movie or not. Both are acceptable in the eyes of my spellchecker ... which is why someone pays me proofread and edit.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Merely pointing out a bad analogy.

The Jews were innocents then.

There are reasons why people would make those remarks today even if they are over the top. I rather suspect they are out of the emotion of knowing a Muslim with a nail bomb just bombed, among others, an 8-year-old who will never get to see her 9th birthday now. Why? Because she liked Ariana Grande music and wasn't hidden away at home in her hijab.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

What is this sorcery!!

It is most frustrating!!

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

And ? call me callous but kids get killed everyday in the Middle East and nobody bats an eyelid, bring it on their doorstep and suddenly they're enraged, it just seems incredibly hypocritical to feign shock and horror because it's "one of our own"

Don't get me wrong I understand their reasons for being angry and pissed off even if I don't feel the same way about it all as I don't have any emotion at all, but what I don't understand is the fascist comments to combat these issues

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

How do "we" treat Muslims then? Do we regular earthlings globally go out of our way every day to persecute,beat,insult,torture them,and rape their kids in public swimming pool bathrooms,do we regular citizens of Earth often launch brutal attacks on innocent regular Muslims,do we shoot up their social gatherings and bomb their children where they gather?

All i see is Europe bending over backwards to accept them by the hundreds of thousands if not millions despite the fact that obviously there are murderous radicals hiding among the regular people.

So how do "we" treat Muslims so diabolically again?

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I think people feel that they are fighting for the survival of Western Civilization and think that we need to examine all options. When the choice is succumbing to evil and being destroyed anything is on the table.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

My suggestion to you is always keep your gun cleaned and oiled because this cycle...

My suggestion is that some responsible adult separate you from your gun, give you a good spanking and send you to bed without supper. Because no-one educated beyond primary school believes that 90-year history cycle tripe.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: PorteurDeMort

Given the way Muslims blow children to bits at concerts

Christians don’t blow children to bits?

US drone attack on Afghan school

edit on 23/5/17 by Astyanax because: of the facts.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Well cycle or not it is foolish to not have at least one weapon and a food supply at all times.Anything can happen at any time,such as natural disasters even.I don't think you're being fair to the member you replied too,just saying.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

Well cycle or not it is foolish to not have at least one weapon and a food supply at all times.

I have lived through ethnic riots, terrorist attacks, martial law and a civil war. I have forgotten more about this kind of thing than you will ever know.

For a civilian, there is absolutely no merit to hoarding food and other supplies; in an emergency, your stockpiles and supplies only make you a target. If trouble of any kind really does arise, you will always be outgunned and outmanned.

It makes sense to keep a generator, fuel and water to tide yourself over a brief interruption in utility services, but in case of any serious trouble you had better be willing to share them.

Survivalists tend to be anti-social human beings, the kind of who never stand a chance when the fewmets really strike the windmill. It’s people who cooperate with each other who make it through crises.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

They killed our own after we brought them to our door so that they wouldn't have to be killed. That's maybe what you are missing. This man's parents were Libyan refugees. The Tsarnaev brothers also came through refugee programs.
edit on 23-5-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
This is a beautiful statement that only people who have pulled through a bit of adversity understand.

It’s people who cooperate with each other who make it through crises.

edit on 23-5-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
a reply to: SR1TX

My suggestion to you is always keep your gun cleaned and oiled because this cycle...

My suggestion is that some responsible adult separate you from your gun, give you a good spanking and send you to bed without supper. Because no-one educated beyond primary school believes that 90-year history cycle tripe.

No one here cares if you don't believe it

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
a reply to: Raxoxane

Well cycle or not it is foolish to not have at least one weapon and a food supply at all times.

I have lived through ethnic riots, terrorist attacks, martial law and a civil war. I have forgotten more about this kind of thing than you will ever know.

For a civilian, there is absolutely no merit to hoarding food and other supplies; in an emergency, your stockpiles and supplies only make you a target. If trouble of any kind really does arise, you will always be outgunned and outmanned.

It makes sense to keep a generator, fuel and water to tide yourself over a brief interruption in utility services, but in case of any serious trouble you had better be willing to share them.

Survivalists tend to be anti-social human beings, the kind of who never stand a chance when the fewmets really strike the windmill. It’s people who cooperate with each other who make it through crises.

You are a fake lol.

Trollololololol

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Which kind of people who work together though?

The ones who don't put away supplies against hard times, so they band together to take by force from those who have?

Or those who have put away against hard times and network together with neighbors (or family) who do likewise?

I hope you are talking about the latter group, but then why would you say it's useless to stock away against hard times?

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

The forum's been like this for several years. The mods do a good job of quickly deleting the blatant Hitler loving threads, the "kill all Muslims" threads, and the "we need to depopulate humanity starting with poor people" threads. Otherwise it would seem much worse.

One of last year's "Happy Eid" threads was filled with so much bigotry that it looked like every other post was deleted for violations. And nearly every thread after a new terrorist attack in a Western country eventually gets its share of kneejerk bigotry, calls for mass attacks against Muslims, suggestions to outdo ISIS with even more savagery than them, etc.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join