It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

decided to join - be gentle with an old man.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghostsinthefog

Nice introduction, welcome. And i am 35, guess who is feeling old now

I hope it all turns out good with your heart condition and life in general.

If someone says something nasty to you, don't let it get you irritated. It is just what the one who insults you is seeking.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Respect for your "pen pal" attitude...don't know if I could be that forgiving. But kudos to you.

I share your interest in cults. I want to know why did they join, what was the hidden purpose and when/if the member(s) left. I have a friend that has family property near Waco, about ten miles from where the Branch Davidian Compound used to stand. We would drive from Dallas down there on the weekends in the late 80's early 90's (yeah, I am a "get off the lawner" - 52 years young - so you are a babe in the woods to me!) and when we would go to the tiny, little grocery store in that tiny little town, you would always run into a couple of Davidians.

For the record, they were were always very pleasant and friendly. I was shocked when Waco happened. Especially the loss of the kids in that fire. Lot's of people in the Waco area and in the country near there questioned the raid. It was on TV 24/7 in Central and North Texas. IMHO. Such a screw up by TPTB (or, was it?)

I also dive into the entire Manson Family rabbit hole. So it seems we have some commonalities.

Welcome and look forward reading your posts!

ETA: Oh, if anyone bullies, tell them to take a seat! Really, there're not many here...

Missie

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Greetings glad to be able to communicate with you isn't the internet awesome.
My heart goes out to you for your condition. I have family that work in the cardiac field especially with those who have l-vads so I can at least understand some of your struggles just stay positive.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

One of the better introductions I've read, so no need at all to feel intimidated! You seem like a very sensible not-old-at-all-man with a respectable style of communicating. I wish you the best of luck with your heart condition.

Welcome!

soulwaxer

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Thanks for the responses and well wishes page 2 😊

Fin, I will keep that in mind! I suppose it's the typical saying don't fuel the fire?

Hi misses, I don't think it's about me forgiving her...its more accepting the fact that she's a human being. I can't offer forgiveness but I can offer friendship. Are the daviadians still going? Do you know if they still follow or hold any love for the "branch" that was Waco? What is it like there now? The area where the building was.

As for the Manson family...i have somewhat of an opinion most would disagree with...i personally imo think Manson should be free...and often wonder what it is they hold him.

Rogue - it's a small world. I thought I'd lvaders were few and far between. Your family who works with us do a great job. Please let them know that.

Soulwaxer that is very kind of you. I promise I will keep a level head and not be baited into am argument 😊

Again Thank you everyone. If I didn't respond to you personally PLEASE don't take offense I read every greeting. And if you remain intrigued if I did respond to you just drop my a line and I'll do better I promise.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 03:07 AM
link   

I'm 34, British guy living in Canada.

ugh...

thanks... now i feel old

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Book recommendation for you. You may already have it but just in case...

Deborah Layton. Seductive Poison.
A Jonestown survivor's story of life and death in the Peoples Temple.

Aurum Press 1999 ISBN 1 85410 600 7

Mines a GB print so date may vary over there but I found it to be a good read and worth looking out for.

Cheers.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Please give details on your death row pen pal

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Akragon you aren't old
I'm 96.7% sure of it.

Tulpa - thankhou!! I will look up and order this book. Sounds like a good read.

Knight - details? What would you like to know?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Welcome! Am new here myself. Cheers.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JBloo

thank you. its nice to meet you!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join