It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IMO - Time to Start Punishing Families of Attacking Terrorists.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

How would you feel if your own people get killed for no reason? Yeah you got it. REVENGE.
So killing innocent people will breed MORE terrorism.
Any other bright idea?

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Then stop espousing stupid ideas, problem solved.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: JinMI

Nations kill innocents every time they drop a bomb on a target. At least my method is a SURGICAL method of possible deterrence.

Possible being the operative word there. What I describe has history as proof.

When you begin to justify killing innocent humans, you become that which you are attempting to eradicate.

Perhaps the "Mutually Assured Destruction" methodology that has prevented WWIII, can be applied to terrorists.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

Why would you force people to live with someone who's ideology tells them that your way of life is totally profane and an insult to their creator? Then, in the same way, force the people who are profane to accept that they're profane! Not only that but then MAKE CRITICISM OF THAT IDEOLOGY A CRIME.

It's funny you advocate this religious segregation.

You make these claims

The organisers off the vigil held in Manchester for the victims.....Muslim.

When are you xenophobes going to understand that in the U.K. A titny number of Muslims have terrorist sympathies.

link   

Simply have a public beheading and put their heads on a pike on the Tower Wall.

Seems Britain did this for a while in the past.

I'd make it a death penalty to conduct a terrorist act, house a terrorist, collude with a terrorist, plot with a terrorist.

link   

Please the Bin Laden family, was treated like gold after the largest attack on American soil. Just saying! I get your point, but on another note, if the family knows nothing about it why would you punish innocent people???? Would you do the same to a serial killer??? Even though those around had no idea their Brother, Uncle, Father was a killer!?!

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

How would you feel if your own people get killed for no reason? Yeah you got it. REVENGE.
Any other bright idea?

If I were contemplating blowing myself up at a music festival, but received word that my relatives would be punished if I was identified as the bomber, I would change my mind. Wouldn't you?

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Nations kill innocents every time they drop a bomb on a target. At least my method is a SURGICAL method of possible deterrence.

When you begin to justify killing innocent humans, you become that which you are attempting to eradicate.

Perhaps the "Mutually Assured Destruction" methodology that has prevented WWIII, can be applied to terrorists.

Think about that. Given the information so far on ISIS, would they care?

Dealing with this type of enemy is a multi-staged process. There is no simple way.
They were forged from bad policies and slanted religious views.
Death is what they want for others as well as themselves.
Reason need not apply.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Not necessary. Just knowing that the woman who raised you would face life in prison would deter most of these younger terrorists.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

I agree with most of your posts on these boards and respect your views and I think

allowing two totally incompatible cultures to live in the same city, town or area.

is not what is going to happen soon unfortunately.

Multiculturalism is a failed concept.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Any other bright idea?

If I were contemplating blowing myself up at a music festival, but received word that my relatives would be punished if I was identified as the bomber, I would change my mind. Wouldn't you?

Well you wouldn't care. You're part of a death cult in this scenario. Your family would be martyrs in your eyes. You would celebrate their deaths.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
double post.
edit on -050006pm5kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Any other bright idea?

If you believe this you know very little about the workings of the radicalised mind or their beliefs. One if the big things is that a martyr is that the believe they are also securing a place in paradise for their closest friends and relatives.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I'd make it a death penalty to conduct a terrorist act, house a terrorist, collude with a terrorist, plot with a terrorist.
And everyone who has a grudge against his neighbor will call the terrorist police on them. Besides all of those things are already illegal.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

They could hire Saudi contractors.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Dealing with this type of enemy is a multi-staged process. There is no simple way.
Reason need not apply.

I refer to M.A.D. in this sense as "You kill or maim our citizens, your family is treated with equal punishment". Are you saying that terrorists don't even care about their families?

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Way too passive for me.

Hunt them down and kill them for starters.

JDAM their strongholds, rain hellfire down in the goat herders, show them the US will bring consequences heavier than
their mission.

If a dog hasn't been trained and bites people's faces and it can't be corrected, you don't take it to the children's park to play, you put it down.

edit on 5 by Mandroid7 because: sp

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

Not necessary. Just knowing that the woman who raised you would face life in prison would deter most of these younger terrorists.

You are counting on the guy who is strapping bombs on himself to go kill people to suddenly be rational and compassionate. They already feel like their god wants them to do this.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Punish the relatives of the criminal?!?!? Would you want to be punished for someone else's crime? This is a really bad idea. You would not want to live in a society like that. I hope you are just trolling this topic.

Think about what you just said.

Hell no I wouldnt want to be punished.

So if my brother....or preacher started talking crazy #ie......Id be dialing that see something, say something number really quick.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Reason need not apply.

I refer to M.A.D. in this sense as "You kill or maim our citizens, your family is treated with equal punishment". Are you saying that terrorists don't even care about their families?

Absolutely.

If they do, they don't hold it above their ideology.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join