It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jordan Peterson, maps of meaning: psychology lecture series

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
for your consideration

With his students and colleagues, Dr. Peterson has published more than a hundred scientific papers, transforming the modern understanding of personality, and revolutionized the psychology of religion with his now-classic book, Maps of Meaning: The Architecture of Belief. As a Harvard professor, he was nominated for the prestigious Levinson Teaching Prize, and is regarded by his current University of Toronto students as one of three truly life-changing teachers

I have run across this guy several times lately. He appeared on the Joe Rogan podcast and he blew my mind over and over. I would compare him to a modern day Joseph Campbell, but equiped with all of the latest scientific knowledge. He is an articulate speaker and literate in many fields of scientific inquiry and has the ability to articulate his points in a way that makes you feel like you have some answers. I really like his no bull# attitude.

He has recently uploaded what seems like an annual lecture series called maps of meaning. It is broken up into several pieces. For those who are interested in a unified theory between biology and psychology, you should not pass on these talks. I will bring a few here to get everyone started, but there is a lot of content from him floating around. This is very long but well worth it. Take your time and watch a few.

youtu.be... Episode 1

youtu.be... episode 2

youtu.be... Episode 3
edit on 23-5-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-5-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

That Joe Rogan podcast was one of the most fascinating interviews I've ever seen. Since then have seen a few other clips and been much less impressed but he's certainly an intelligent guy with some interesting ways of looking at things. Will check these lectures when I have a bit of time.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

I am on episode 8 right now. If you have studied philosophy, or psychology, then there will be a lot of recap, but the presentation is what makes it worth it. My favorite part so far was his break down of the disney movies and especially pinnoccio.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Jordan Peterson is the man.
Most of the time, when I listen to him for an extended period of time, I am forced to take a long look at myself and evaluate my life.

That is not an easy thing to do, seeing how I am fairly stuck in my ways and I have never met the man.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

I will be watching these later because you made me laugh in the other thread when you said:

"There is no real reason except that you have a wild imagination."

LOL.

I loved that so much.

Looking forward to the video's. Thanks.

top topics

join