It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carry on...regardless.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

In the end nobody is going to follow advice if they don't want to or if it means clicks. That is a variable Mrs. Thatcher wasn't dealing with.

Sadly true. So among those who profit — indirectly — from terrorism are the media, conspiracy theorists, gun sellers, ‘survivalist’ suppliers, mobile communications networks... and even, regrettably, web sites like this one.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

You werent criticizing the media, your post was directed at the OP.

You claimed he shouldn't be worried about this "minor" incident, and should just shut up about it.

Now you keep back pedaling. Ok now Muslims that are trying to eliminate radicals can talk about it.

Any other backtracking or are they and the investigators the only ones that can help the situation by discussing it?

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
a reply to: daskakik

In the end nobody is going to follow advice if they don't want to or if it means clicks. That is a variable Mrs. Thatcher wasn't dealing with.

Sadly true. So among those who profit — indirectly — from terrorism are the media, conspiracy theorists, gun sellers, ‘survivalist’ suppliers, mobile communications networks... and even, regrettably, web sites like this one.

Isn't that just MIC

Well done

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Now you keep back pedaling. Ok now Muslims that are trying to eliminate radicals can talk about it.

I think the string of h's and a's was the answer to that.

Anyone can talk about radical islam and the communities should try to weed the radicals out. That is not the same as going on and on about this particular act.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

originally posted by: Grambler

I think the string of h's and a's was the answer to that.

Anyone can talk about radical islam and the communities should try to weed the radicals out. That is not the same as going on and on about this particular act.

His post was directed at this op.

Got that? This op was saying he is tired of politicians saying to toughen up and just deal with terrorism. He cited the morrisey comment saying these politicians are rarely affected by this, and the article from the Muslim Gentleman saying his community needs to weed out radicals.

This is what he was criticizing when he said people need to shut up. He didn't make the caveat of saying, "Well the comments by the Muslim man in the OP were acceptable, but the rest aren't".

You don't get to come in to a thread, tell people they need to shut up, call the murder of over 20 people a minor incident, and then smugly backtrack and claim you were just discussing the media over sensationalizing things.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

In my own country, suicide-bombing attacks became so common in the Eighties and early Nineties that we basically stopped paying attention. My wife and mother-in-law once saw a bomber detonate himself in an attempt to assassinate the Secretary of Defence, whose motorcade was passing. They literally saw the bomber’s head part company from his body and land in the road a few yards from them. When it was all over and the area was cleared, they carried on with their shopping.

That sounds horrible and it sounds more of a case of being desensitized, watching someone's head blow up is not something you can ignore when you close your eyes at night.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I believe that is what you took away. It isn't what I took from his post.

What are we going to do?

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

I believe that is what you took away. It isn't what I took from his post.

What are we going to do?

I don't know, hug it out?

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   
If you accept these attacks as simply a part of the world we live in, and hope for the best for the people you care about, that will enable you to carry on a normal life.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

That won't do the thread any good.

I thought the clarification (backpedaling, if you prefer) would have been enough.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Live in the real world for a bit, and you will be astonished what people can get used to.

Anyway the terrorists eventually gave up terrorizing and went back to actual warfare. Whereupon they were defeated.

I rest my case.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Thank you, carewemust. This was my point.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

Thank you, carewemust. This was my point.

Even though I don't completely agree with carewemust, that comment is a far cry from saying this was a minor incident and telling people to shut up.

I find that I can lead quite a normal life while also addressing this incident on an online message board.

I spent most of my time on the issue making three types of comments

1. Expressing sympathy for those affected.

2. Showing how radical Islam is a problem that we need to be honest about and confront.

3. Criticizing arming rebels and bombing other countries that lead to radical terrorism.

I do not feel these comments have affected my ability to lead a normal life, or somehow empowered terrorists.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   

I do not feel these comments have affected my ability to lead a normal life

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   

I do not feel these comments have affected my ability to lead a normal life

Freddy is great.

I guess in addition to having a false sense of intellect, you are also somehow clairvoyant and can see how I live my life?

Great post!

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Live in the real world for a bit, and you will be astonished what people can get used to.

So you admit that you guys were desensitized, far cry from ignoring it but potato, patato.

Oh, I love the "live in the real world" comment, you have no idea where I or anyone else have lived before.

P.s
Get off that high horse, you ain't all that.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Anyway the terrorists eventually gave up terrorizing and went back to actual warfare. Whereupon they were defeated. I rest my case.

Don't know if you can rest your case when we can't verify your story.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

So you admit that you guys were desensitized, far cry from ignoring it but potato, patato.

Oh, I love the "live in the real world" comment, you have no idea where I or anyone else have lived before.

P.s
Get off that high horse, you ain't all that.

Keep in mind that he said tyhis was exactly his point.

If you accept these attacks as simply a part of the world we live in, and hope for the best for the people you care about, that will enable you to carry on a normal life.

So to him, a normal life is not batting an eye when a person is blown up in front of you.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

So you admit that you guys were desensitized

I admitted nothing of the kind.

you have no idea where I or anyone else have lived before

I don’t need to know where someone has lived to know the attitude they display towards life. As it happens, I was speaking generally, but if you wish to take personal offence, by all means do so.

Don't know if you can rest your case when we can't verify your story.

Fair enough. But it’s still true, and I really don’t care whether you believe me or not. I am not here to defend myself; I am here to entertain myself.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   

I am here to entertain myself.

So you like to play with yourself while reading ATS???

Different strokes for different folks.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join