It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEC member urges escalated Trump-Russia inquiry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
This story from Politico will get your goat for sure.

The Federal Election Commission is all worried about the "possibility" that "Russians" bought and paid for ads on Facebook to help smear Hillary Clinton !!!!!

Somebody wants an investigation real bad like.

FEC member urges escalated Trump-Russia inquiry

A member of the Federal Election Commission is calling on the agency to investigate whether Russian agents paid for Facebook ads to spread damaging stories about Hillary Clinton ahead of last fall’s presidential election.

“I think there is potential there for finding a violation, but I don’t want to suggest that I have prejudged anything that could potentially come before me,” said FEC Commissioner Ellen Weintraub, a Democratic appointee to the commission.

Her assertion comes as agency staff is already moving to investigate a related complaint filed in December by a pair of watchdog groups against President Donald Trump’s campaign and the Russian government, according to two sources familiar with the agency’s handling of the complaint. They said that, if the investigation proceeds apace, agency staff could be expected to incorporate the recent revelations about Facebook ads into their fact-finding.

The prospect of an escalating inquiry from the quasi-independent election watchdog agency could represent an intriguing new front in the battalion of investigations being pursued by various parts of the federal government. The FBI and various congressional committees are looking into Russia’s meddling in the election and the connections between the country and Trump’s associates.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Here's another diversion.. as if the Oversight Comms haven't
provided enough with everything else. F@S.

I still believe the DNC needs another blind rabbit hole Fox.
That Band-Aid is really going to pull some meat off if they do it
now. But it may not get stalled/diverted forever... I can hope.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
If I were the Russians, if have bought anti Clinton ad space too- what's that got to do with her competition?
They're looking out for their best interest. She would have started a war with Russia day one. The previous admin had us just hours away from a nuke fight when the votes were tallied, and now nobody is even worried about war Russia.

Common sense.

new topics

join