It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News retracts unfounded story about DNC staffer's death

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: thesaneone

I saw plenty of people hopping on board with this story around the forums, I wonder where they are now? Can they admit that they are just as susceptible to fake news as anyone else seeing as how they believed in a fake story here?

How do you know it's fake? Calling it fake news just because you don't want to believe it and because you accept the word of others who want you to disbelieve it?

In philosophy it is called "begging the question". You cannot disprove a proposition and so you pretend that the proposition is so self-evidently false that it does not need disproving.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Fox news supported this conspiracy story only because of the political hit it may have been on the democrats.

When fox and Alex Jones types( now that Alex is nothing but a right-wing big mouth )support conspiracies that's only when they think political right-wing dogma is behind it.

We usually disagree but I think you are right on this.

The truth is both sides seem to be more interested in harming their opponents than finding the truth.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: micpsi

Why did Fox retract the article if it was true? That doesn't make any sense, why would Fox retract a story on claims of it being false if they knew it was true?

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

The repubs don't really want to expose her, they just want the leverage for the future. If they expose her, she exposes someone else, and "nobody" wants that.
edit on 23-5-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: micpsi

Why did Fox retract the article if it was true? That doesn't make any sense, why would Fox retract a story on claims of it being false if they knew it was true?

I am not trying to defend fox, but maybe they just couldn't verify the story. That doesn't mean the stories false, just that fox can not at this point verify it.

This is not an excuse for Fox in any way though. Ethical journalism means verifying your sources before you release a story.

This story is just another example of Fox not acting in an ethical way, and therefore not being deserving of trust.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Sean Hannity recently tweeted this.

twitter.com...

"Huge announcement tonight about Seth Rich, Trump/Russian Collusion corrupt media, the liberal effort to silence me. And my future at Fox!"

This may get exciting.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Think about this...
If they are really trying THIS hard to shut up Hannity, then....
he is on the right track, and "they" are scared to death.

Sean Hannity‏Verified account @seanhannity

IMPORTANT! Mediamatters is trying to silence me, get me fired, pressure my advertising on radio & TV. Liberal Fascism. I need your help!!

twitter.com...

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I’m a conspiracy theorists that’s the main reason I joined this place.

Of course, I don’t jump on conspiracies unless I do research first…. Skepticism is always in order

I didn’t believe 911 was an inside job until I researched it myself and came to my own conclusions.

I am a JFK conspiracy guy, of course I’ve researched that thoroughly.

When people advocate conspiracies just for left/right paradigm reasons like Fox Alex Jones and Hannity do their insincere and always will be exposed as a fake.

FAKE CONSPIRACY THEORISTS

edit on 23-5-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
You lot are always complaining about the gullibility of the ‘sheeple’, but — as this shows — no-one is more gullible than a conspiracy theorist. Or more stubbornly adherent to their beliefs even after they’ve been debunked.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

What has been debunked?
Have you seen the many threads on these forums investigating the Seth Rich murder?

Or.... oh you meant the Russian conspiracy? Yeah, that has been debunked.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Have you seen the many threads on these forums investigating the Seth Rich murder?

Forum threads don’t investigate murders. They simply exchange gossip, speculation and lies — together with an occasional, mostly accidental nugget of fact — among a hermetic circle of opinionated groundlings.

In the end, you and people like you just get your information off the media, or at best from rumours that go from mouth to mouth. It’s all worthless, except for the trouble and misery you cause people — such as that suffered by the Sandy Hook parents and the family of Seth Rich — with your accusations and claims.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

Forum threads don’t investigate murders. They simply exchange gossip, speculation and lies — together with an occasional, mostly accidental nugget of fact — among a hermetic circle of opinionated groundlings.

In the end, you and people like you just get your information off the media, or at best from rumours that go from mouth to mouth. It’s all worthless, except for the trouble and misery you cause people — such as that suffered by the Sandy Hook parents and the family of Seth Rich — with your accusations and claims.

Wait, didn't you just say on the other thread that people need to just shut up about the minor fact that twenty people died from a bomb?

Then you come on hear and discuss hurting the families of Sandy Hook.

Why don't you get on the hirn and tell the grieving families in Manchester about how they need to stop whining about that minor incident before you criticize others.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

So.... what do you suggest?
Should people just shut up and accept what the MSM chooses to tell us?

Yeah - that is not happening here.
Very few sheeple here.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Should people just shut up and accept what the MSM chooses to tell us?

Stop minding other people’s business and get on with your own lives.

You may not realize this, but news — as purveyed by the news media — is a form of entertainment. Of course, the news also helps warn people about impending troubles and shortages, relays important communications from the authorities, helps stock market speculators decide what stocks to buy or sell, and so on. But those are very specialized functions. Most of the time, the news is just there to entertain you and keep you reading, listening or watching so that merchants can sell you things. And this is true whether you’re watching CNN or Alex Jones, whether you’re reading the New York Times or Breitbart.

The real world is the ground you stand on, the air passing through your nostrils and the bacteria in your gut. People who forget this eventually lose their minds. Beware.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Stop minding other people’s business and get on with your own lives.

Please lead by example.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Wait, didn't you just say on the other thread that people need to just shut up about the minor fact that twenty people died from a bomb?

I look forward to the pleasure of reading why you think those positions are contradictory.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

The poster asked what they should do.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

I look forward to the pleasure of reading why you think those positions are contradictory.

You find the bombing last night to be a "minor incident", and suggets talking about it makes the situation worse.

Then you talk about how conspiracy people talking hurt the sandy hook victims.

So first, for some reason the victims of the terror attack last night were minor, but apparently sandy hook wasn't.

Also, if ignoring terrorism will help stop it, why not take your same advice and ignore conspiracy theories so they go away.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

And I said "yeah - that is not happening".
Because it was pretty clear how you would respond, and you did.

If you don't want to read what people have to say, then don't read it.
You don't have a right to tell other people what to think or say or type.
There seems to be a big problem with liberals in this country not understanding that.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

So first, for some reason the victims of the terror attack last night were minor, but apparently sandy hook wasn't.

Sandy Hook was not a terror attack. But shooter incidents like Sandy Hook should also be ignored.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join