It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truth-Seeking Claustrophobia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I've always been a closet claustrophobic. Ever since I was a kid. Yeah, I can remember when we found this cave in the woods and near the back was a tunnel that appeared to lead to yet another cave and we scooted our way through into the second cave, only to find a dark, wet dirt dead-end. I remember there was just enough room for us to crawl in and turn around on our stomachs, and head back out. My younger brother went first and made it to the first cave without any problems, and then it was my turn. I stuck my hands out in front of me and wiggled forward, slowly easing my way along the tunnel . . .and then the dirt ceiling began to collapse on me. Everything went dark and I realized I was stuck. My hands were out in front of me and I could move them even though I couldn't see them. I moved them frantically, up and down, and began to holler for help. Maybe two minutes went by but it seemed like two hours, and I thought about being buried alive, here, in the woods about a mile from our home. I panicked then, and just as I did I felt my brother grab my hands and pull me out into the light. Yeah, that was my claustrophobic moment. Seems it's stayed with me ever since. Just a little background information.
Now, do you believe that civilized man has only been around for 12,000 years ? I mean the universe is about 13.7 billion years old, the earth 4-1/2 billion, our ancestors 6 million, primitive man 200,000 years, yet civilized man only 12,000 years ? Just doesn't seem right does it ? We keep unearthing new discoveries every day, yet our history is so shrouded with fog-like suppositions that fact and folklore continuously entangle. What if . . . . .what if things . . ."are" different ?
What if the earth is semi-hollow ? It would be weird wouldn't it ? I've heard that there are three "known" entrances to this hollow earth. One at the North Pole, one at the South Pole, both secretly protected, and one at the bottom of Mt. Shasta. But strange things have happened to people and projects having to do with hollow earth. They become unlucky. Unlucky in business, unlucky in life. They disappear completely, or have mysterious accidents. Is something preventing the truth from being discovered ? I am planning an expedition to enlighten us all. (End of Part I).

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Earth is not hollow. Its proven flat.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I have chosen Mt.Shasta as the best possible entrance, based on travel, weather conditions, and rumor. It is said that Mt. Shasta may indeed be a "portal" to the underworld. Mt. Shasta is a 14,700 foot high inactive volcano in the Cascades that has mysterious ties to Lemuria and a possible underground city called "Telos". Considering our goal is to find and explore any paths leading to a hollow earth, we couldn't get off to a better start. An old guide that lives in the area has given us some valuable information that may ease our initial search. He is a Siskiyou elder tribesman and claims that an entrance does exist just above the treeline on an adjacent mount between Shasta and Black Butte. Black Butte, he claims, hides a giant crystal within its mass, and may be some kind of power source waiting to be unearthed. We will start our search there. (Part II).

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: SIEGE

Seems like we have the beginnings of a to-be epic journey!!

Put-on your Indiana Jones' hats, and buckle-up!

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Strange, but ever since the commitment was made for Mt. Shasta, I feel compelled to be there as soon as possible. I do not know why. An equipment check reveals all accounted for. Helmets, headlamps, long underwear, knee pads, thick socks, boots, gloves, and of course flashlights. Extra food and water will be carried in our "cave-packs", as will extra batteries. We have heard again from the old Siskiyou guide and he now tells us that we should disregard Black Butte as a starting point and head for a place called Bunny Flat. A "Wilderness Permit" is required at a cost of $30.00 and we sign the overnight hikers log-book so authorities can search for us if need be.
From Bunny Flat we hike up to Horse Camp. We are at about 7100 feet. Now, using the last of the visible trails, we head up to Red Banks, a point where most hikers turn left and climb to the summit. We turn right, hike over the ridge and then down to a small pond hidden amid the rocks. Someplace around here, around this little pond, is an entrance to a cave. We have to find it. (Part III).

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
The weather is changing. Quite cold now. We have found the cave ! Right on the water's edge, and it goes back in under the ridge we just came over to get here. Looks like a natural cave, not an old mine or anything like that. Chi-Chi and I relax at the entrance and grab a bite to eat. Did I tell you about Chi-Chi ? She's my partner and we've done almost everything together since I adopted her four years ago. Her and I . . . "we". And yes I know that no dogs are allowed this far up on the mountain but . . . who's to know ? Smuggled in my jacket at first, then freed to be my partner. Half Chihuahua, half Jack Russell Terrier. And she has her own backpack !
Time to go in and do some exploring.
Twenty feet in and I experience a small dizzy spell, followed by a flood of warm contentment. We stop briefly then push on. As the light dims, I turn on my headlamp, pull my gloves on tight, and slowly make my way over the rocky floor. The cave has narrowed from 8 feet wide to about 4 now and I begin to feel a bit of claustrophobia setting in. It worsens as the cave narrows to 3 feet now and I have to walk sideways at times. Chi-Chi is having no problems. The ceiling suddenly lowers to about 5 feet and now I'm bent over and wondering if this is do-able. The air is cold and humid. (Part IV).

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Just when it looked like I might have to turn back, the cave widened and we stumbled into a tunnel considerably more worked. A main tunnel, or so it appeared. It rose to the left, probably in the direction of Shasta's summit. To the right it slanted downhill and disappeared around a bend. The air was still cold but felt less humid. I turned to the right and began the descent. Hopefully . . . hollow earth.
The tunnel snaked around corners and boulders, sometimes showing a drop-off here or a drop-off there, but always steadily descending into the dark. My headlamp guided us onward, until at last we reached what looked like the end of the line. A sheer cliff, falling away into nothingness. Chi-Chi and I took a break and shared a snack and a drink of water. After re-packing, I turned around to discover that Chi-Chi had vanished ! Had she fallen over the side ? I carefully walked up to the edge of the cliff and saw where Chi-Chi may have gone. Stairs ! Yes, stairs . . . cut right into the rock. And there was Chi-Chi, laying calmly on one of the stairs just below the rim.
The stairs curved down at a very steep grade. I would not like to fall down these stairs. Probably wouldn't survive. Carefully we descended. Hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of stairs. ( V ).

top topics

join